Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: 2013 FB Final: Louisiana 35, Georgia State 21

Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Some people are Cajun fans, but not really big football fans. Those are the ones I see just satisfied with the win, and want everyone to just leave it alone, what does it matter attitude, and is already thinking about the next game. I have no problem with these fans, I think it's great to have them. Now, there are also football fans, and those people may not be coaches, but know something about the game of football and want to discuss it on a public forum such as RP. These people like to talk about the details of the game and the players. I don't see a problem with that either. We need all kinds of fans. I don't see why some fans seem to want to be vocal about the other fans, seems foolish to me. They rather talk about the fans, rather than the team. As long as people aren't throwing out personal attacks on players or coaches, I think it's a good thing to question their performance, even in wins.
    +1000, the best post game analysis I've read yet!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    In lean years this was a loss.
    Exactly my point bear.be thankful for what we have.not constantly questioning what we haven't got. These are the salad days my friends.we should act accordingly.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    In lean years this was a loss.
    Against anyone but GA St, it might have been. I'm thankful for the win. But this concept that we on a fan forum cannot criticize what was not done well. is pure lunacy.

Great win Cajuns! Geaux Cajuns! 8-2!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    No buddy.we just don't get all warm and fuzzy beating a dead horse for 26 pages.
    I've stomached watching you beat a live horse called BWK for more than 260 pages. You have no place to tell ULGrad@HOU to "show some decorum".

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Against anyone but GA St, it might have been. I'm thankful for the win. But this concept that we on a fan forum cannot criticize what was not done well. is pure lunacy.

Personally I have no problem criticizing, I just think some don't have all their facts straight. If you take away some self inflicted td's over the past couple weeks the defense has been pretty good. I think people often just look at the score and think oh they have up 28 to gsu, defense must have sucked. Turnovers are part of the game but if your offense constantly puts a defense in a bad position, those will turn into points no matter how good your defense is. We are not a shut down defense. We are opportunistic. Avoid big plays, keep them in front and take advantage of an opportunity when it occurs. I don't think the coaches would ever come out and say, our cb's aren't the greatest cover corners in the world so we need to protect them a little. They protect them through scheme. I'm sure they play press in practice, maybe we get burned deep every time we do.

I've stomached watching you beat a live horse called BWK for more than 260 pages. You have no place to tell ULGrad@HOU to "show some decorum".
    We have all done this.no moral high road for you to take. I have every right to tell him to show decorum.how dare he assume people who don't want to wallow in their own feces after a win aren't football fans. That's like telling a cook who doesn't eat his own food that he isn't a cook. I will continue to do so. Get your thongs out of your ___.

Beat that horse.it ain't dead yet!!!

Default Re: Final FB: Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Personally I have no problem criticizing, I just think some don't have all their facts straight. If you take away some self inflicted td's over the past couple weeks the defense has been pretty good. I think people often just look at the score and think oh they have up 28 to gsu, defense must have sucked. Turnovers are part of the game but if your offense constantly puts a defense in a bad position, those will turn into points no matter how good your defense is. We are not a shut down defense. We are opportunistic. Avoid big plays, keep them in front and take advantage of an opportunity when it occurs. I don't think the coaches would ever come out and say, our cb's aren't the greatest cover corners in the world so we need to protect them a little. They protect them through scheme. I'm sure they play press in practice, maybe we get burned deep every time we do.
    Well thought out.some people aren't gonna be happy unless we shut everyone out 70-0.and if we do.they will find something else to whine about. #somepeopleschildren

Person We are opportunistic. Avoid big plays, keep them in front and take advantage of an opportunity when it occurs. I don't think the coaches would ever come out and say, our cb's aren't the greatest cover corners in the world so we need to protect them a little. They protect them through scheme. I'm sure they play press in practice, maybe we get burned deep every time we do.
    A lot of the talk about the poor defensive effort has to do with Browning and the Hoax coming to Lafayette in 12 days. It seems like Browning wakes up in the morning just looking for a soft zone like the Cajuns run.

After all of the BS this year I have grown to HATE THE HOAX!

I do have faith that this coaching staff will work on a gameplan the next 2 weeks that will shut down Browning and leave him flat on his back when the clock shows 00:00.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    A lot of the talk about the poor defensive effort has to do with Browning and the Hoax coming to Lafayette in 12 days. It seems like Browning wakes up in the morning just looking for a soft zone like the Cajuns run.

After all of the BS this year I have grown to HATE THE HOAX!

I do have faith that this coaching staff will work on a gameplan the next 2 weeks that will shut down Browning and leave him flat on his back when the clock shows 00:00.
    That's my point.it wasn't a poor defensive effort. Stop just looking at the scoreboard and look at the whole game and how they scored. Our "poor defensive effort" has us at 8-2. We aren't alabama, never will be. There are maybe 15 schools in the country that can hang their hat strictly on defense. Today's game and today's rules, people are going to move the football.

11. Default Re: Final FB: Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

I love hearing both sides of the story.

That's my point.it wasn't a poor defensive effort. Stop just looking at the scoreboard and look at the whole game and how they scored. Our "poor defensive effort" has us at 8-2. We aren't alabama, never will be. There are maybe 15 schools in the country that can hang their hat strictly on defense. Today's game and today's rules, people are going to move the football.
    I am looking at the whole game. I am thinking about GSU's backup QB leading an 85 yard drive and then fumbling on the 5 yard like with no one around him.

If they get a TD there this is a very different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I love hearing both sides of the story.
    I agree Turbine. Great points are being broight up from both sides if the discussion.

Its just a shame that some on here think that fans should not discuss concerns about their team's performance on an internet fan forum.

If those fans would be the majority RaginPagin would not have nearly as much traffic.

If Elijah McGuire doesn't fumble on the ten it's the same thread.

If if was a fifth we could get drunk.
    If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his *ss.
    If if was a skiff we could go for a boat ride.
    If I wasn't a slow old white man I'd be a slow young white man.

Geaux Cajuns BEAT ULLM!

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information