Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 FB Final: Louisiana 35, Georgia State 21

Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    No dout we have a lot to be happy about. But there seems to be a disturbing trend in the past few games. And we worry that our luck or good fortune will not hold out and we'll lose one or more of these close games. And that could be the difference between being conference champs and runner ups. We fans have noticed it and are discussing it. It's what fans everywhere do.
    It's better than discussing a loss.I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    No dout we have a lot to be happy about. But there seems to be a disturbing trend in the past few games. And we worry that our luck or good fortune will not hold out and we'll lose one or more of these close games. And that could be the difference between being conference champs and runner ups. We fans have noticed it and are discussing it. It's what fans everywhere do.
    Broadway pick six, bad snap on punt, McGuire fumble in their red zone.the offense has also put them in bad situations. The coaches have decide this approach to defense gives them the best chance of winning. We have put 3 cb's in the nfl the last few classes, we don't have one of those. If we played press coverage and constantly got beat for 60 and 70 yard TD passes everyone would be screaming for the CB's to give some room and we should play more zone. There is reason those coaches are paid a lot of money to coach. They are at practice everyday and know our strength and weaknesses. I like that this staff coaches to their talents and doesn't try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    It's better than discussing a loss.I'll take it.
    Captain Obvious at our disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That was an unforced error that would have made this an entirely different contest. My attack on this "8 men lost in space" defense is that it generally resolves itself in the red zone. Those 8 look back and see they can't run backwards without running out of the end zone, so they're forced into tight coverage, and then a traditional defense, that we haven't practiced for the entire contest, steps in and usually holds up. Jay points out one great WR from two opponents, and believes we need 8 guys doing donuts in deep space to shut one guy down. Never heard of it. Don't want to count on it. We are "lucky" most of the offenses in the SBC can't move the ball 80 yards without an unforced error. Thank goodness for Anderson and ripping balls out of a TEs hands. We run a strange defense for the athletes we have. IMO.

8-2! Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I like that quote "8 men lost in space" defense. I did also notice, in the second half, for a few snaps, we did play with a 4 man rush, and it looked effective. The QB was throwing incompletes, perhaps rushing his throws a bit instead of having all day.

Captain Obvious at our disposal.
    I'll be here all week.which is about how long you guys will still be dissecting a win.

This defense reminds me of the LSU offense 2008-2012. Do just enough and don't make any major mistakes. This strategy works great against inferior competition.not so well against teams as good or better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Broadway pick six, bad snap on punt, McGuire fumble in their red zone.the offense has also put them in bad situations. The coaches have decide this approach to defense gives them the best chance of winning. We have put 3 cb's in the nfl the last few classes, we don't have one of those. If we played press coverage and constantly got beat for 60 and 70 yard TD passes everyone would be screaming for the CB's to give some room and we should play more zone. There is reason those coaches are paid a lot of money to coach. They are at practice everyday and know our strength and weaknesses. I like that this staff coaches to their talents and doesn't try to fit a square peg in a round hole.
    Many good points, I would like to see the Cajuns mix it up a little. Those first downs by the opponent after a 3rd and long situation is killing our defense. It doesn't help my stress factor either.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This defense reminds me of the LSU offense 2008-2012. Do just enough and don't make any major mistakes. This strategy works great against inferior competition.not so well against teams as good or better than you.
    I agree. It's the KISS mentality.Keep It Simple Stupid. Talent alone gets better teams through most games. Why over-gameplan on a game that you can win just by lining up and running past them? That's why I find this over-analyzing of this game.to be mind numbing.

9. Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Hey guys.Alabama only beat Mississippi State 20-7. These things don't always end in blowouts. We have a W.and a much needed bye week. Let's be happy that we are 8-2.
    I totally agree, but shouldn't that last sentence be a completely separate paragraph?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Opponent coaches are jamming any size peg they want. into our soft hole. for 60 plus yards. Then our hole tightens up. after the zone gets red. and stops penetration. It makes my butt ache. But, to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I totally agree, but shouldn't that last sentence be a completely separate paragraph?
    Maybe.

Opponent coaches are jamming any size peg they want. into our soft hole. for 60 plus yards. Then our hole tightens up. after the zone gets red. and stops penetration. It makes my butt ache. But, to each his own.
    Bend but don't break. Rope a dope.

I'll be here all week.which is about how long you guys will still be dissecting a win.
    My dissections know no time limits. as does your obviousness.

As long as they don't get the money shot that's all that matters

Hey guys.Alabama only beat Mississippi State 20-7. These things don't always end in blowouts. We have a W.and a much needed bye week. Let's be happy that we are 8-2.
    They can't be happy with the win.seems since our success everyone has become a coach.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . LastLast

Thread Information