Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 FB Final: Louisiana 35, Georgia State 21

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Obamaland being Hawaii or Chicago ???
    I thought obamaland meant he was unemployed

Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

our yardage given up on defence must be obscene

3. Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Its 3rd down for the Monroes--2 wide on either side---Cajuns in a 3 man rush--snap to Browning has a lot of time and drifts out of the pocket and will now run and throws to ????on the come back for a first down--(or)--- scrambles for 10 yards and goes out of bounds for the first down!!! Guys we have been very LUCKEY in the red zone like the QB fumble and missed check off last week---We CANNOT keep giving up all this yardage and Field POSITION!!!

Jay put it all in prospective. The last time we won 8 straight, Ford was the President! It was a strange game where at times it seemed like we could score at will. The players seemed unconcerned although GSU kept hanging around. Jay also said, you know things are going well when fans are complaining about winning. We Will play for a ring in two weeks!

The defense has given up, in reality, two touchdowns in each of the last two weeks.

At the end of the game, whoever has the most points wins, regardless of yardage given up.

Both Troy and GSU had all conference receivers and the idea was not to let them get behind our secondary. We let the tight end do it a couple of times, but Wilson, like Eric Thomas the week before, wasn't a huge factor in the game.

That isn't necessarily great defense. But it is SMART defense.

It's ridiculous to say that fans can't critique a team's performance even when they win. No one is downplaying the win. Yes, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day. But I'm greedy. I'd prefer a pretty win.

In the previous "ugly" wins we rationalized that NMSU was a "trap" game. We rationalized the performance against Troy due to the short week, crazy weeknight schedules and the flu. But thus was a game coming after 10 days "rest", against a winless team of largely undersized underclassmen with supposedly only two or three truly quality players. Yet our lines were pretty much handled on both sides of the ball. Considering the advantage we were supposed to have I don't think its unrealistic to nit expect fans asking questions. And his many mire games are we going to see teams hit that pass in the seam up the middle of the field between three or four defenders? Browning will eat our lunch if we don't pressure him and play a soft zone on his receivers.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    The defense has given up, in reality, two touchdowns in each of the last two weeks.

At the end of the game, whoever has the most points wins, regardless of yardage given up.

Both Troy and GSU had all conference receivers and the idea was not to let them get behind our secondary. We let the tight end do it a couple of times, but Wilson, like Eric Thomas the week before, wasn't a huge factor in the game.

I agree with smart, I just don't think it makes your players better in the long run.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I would give the offense a B and defense a C-. Offensively, the o-line and backs missed some blitzes. Obviously, McGuire is the man, but I think TB was the most valuable player. His passes were crisp and made things happen with his legs. Defensively, yet again we cannot consistently get to the quarterback. I believe the first sack wasn't until GSU's last drive. GSU's dink and dunk and bubble screen passing was very successful. Our DBs play too far off the line. I know we didn't want to get beat deep, but the short passing game provided GSU success.

9. Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

For 2 and 2/3 years I have been watching us get killed on the wide bubble screens (well that is what I call it) Remember the LAMON white out game??? Anyway I caught a little of the Gerald BR explanation and he mentioned shedding the block and its importance---but my question with our guys like Robinson and Butler along with Surgent, Scott, or EMcG in the slot--- shouldn't this cause a bunch of trouble for opponents??? BTW I keep having visions of Browning coming down the line and our guys reacting and his completing pass after pass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    I would give the offense a B and defense a C-. Offensively, the o-line and backs missed some blitzes. Obviously, McGuire is the man, but I think TB was the most valuable player. His passes were crisp and made things happen with his legs. Defensively, yet again we cannot consistently get to the quarterback. I believe the first sack wasn't until GSU's last drive. GSU's dink and dunk and bubble screen passing was very successful. Our DBs play too far off the line. I know we didn't want to get beat deep, but the short passing game provided GSU success.
    I agree with your grades. GSU scored 10 on Monroe, 17 on TxState, and 7 against a poor W Virginia team. UL's defensive philosophy keeps the other team in the game and waits for them to make mistakes. It's not aggressive and it's hard for me to understand why Coach Hud chooses to have this kind of game plan. UL has superior athletes over GSU and should use that ability. This scheme has given the opponents confidence and that is dangerous. Instead, the Cajun defense should be putting doubt in the other teams offense with timed blitzes and pressing the wide-outs. I see a total lack of confidence with the secondary, by the coaching staff. A soft zone with 8 guys on coverage is like a prevent defense, played the entire game. I wish some reporters out there would dig a little into why the coaching staff uses this plan, but I guess they don't want to step on any toes. One question, Does James Willis coach from the sidelines during the game or the coaches box? I don't remember seeing him involved with the players on the sideline when the cameras were showing the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

If you want to talk reality you have to mention how GSU drove 85 yards with their back up QB then fumbled on the 5 yardline. Unforced tunrover.

Hey guys.Alabama only beat Mississippi State 20-7. These things don't always end in blowouts. We have a W.and a much needed bye week. Let's be happy that we are 8-2.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Hey guys.Alabama only beat Mississippi State 20-7. These things don't always end in blowouts. We have a W.and a much needed bye week. Let's be happy that we are 8-2.
    No dout we have a lot to be happy about. But there seems to be a disturbing trend in the past few games. And we worry that our luck or good fortune will not hold out and we'll lose one or more of these close games. And that could be the difference between being conference champs and runner ups. We fans have noticed it and are discussing it. It's what fans everywhere do.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    If you want to talk reality you have to mention how GSU drove 85 yards with their back up QB then fumbled on the 5 yardline. Unforced tunrover.
    That was an unforced error that would have made this an entirely different contest. My attack on this "8 men lost in space" defense is that it generally resolves itself in the red zone. Those 8 look back and see they can't run backwards without running out of the end zone, so they're forced into tight coverage, and then a traditional defense, that we haven't practiced for the entire contest, steps in and usually holds up. Jay points out one great WR from two opponents, and believes we need 8 guys doing donuts in deep space to shut one guy down. Never heard of it. Don't want to count on it. We are "lucky" most of the offenses in the SBC can't move the ball 80 yards without an unforced error. Thank goodness for Anderson and ripping balls out of a TEs hands. We run a strange defense for the athletes we have. IMO.

8-2! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm extremely happy being 8-2. Like Hammer says, we are discussing the games.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . LastLast

Thread Information