Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 FB Final: Louisiana 35, Georgia State 21

Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Not our best game, but it's still a great win (as if there is such thing as a bad one). We were playing a win less team on the road in an empty dome with no atmosphere. They get a pass for not having there usual intensity. We continue to find new things to work on and thankfully have an off week to do so. These guys will be ready for the monroevians.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Looking like the best single season record ever for Cajun football. Best record ever, best coach ever, best freshman running back ever. Ya'll can be negative if ya'll want to. Me, I'm enjoying the moment. We're going bowling. Geaux Cajuns.
    Oh. I forget. Geaux Cajuns!!!

I totally agree. I felt this was a nasty trap game all week. Ga st is not nearly as bad as their record.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Looking like the best single season record ever for Cajun football. Best record ever, best coach ever, best freshman running back ever. Ya'll can be negative if ya'll want to. Me, I'm enjoying the moment. We're going bowling. Geaux Cajuns.
    I'm ECSTATIC with the going 8-2, and YES, I do believe that there's no such thing as an "ugly" win, BUT.why do I have this HORROR that the game with the Hoax will come down to a field goal attempt by Brauchle.UGH!!!

CAJUNS WIN!!!!!

8 in a row!!!!!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    This.

Anyone who reads anything into this game is foolish.

I doubt we see this same level of effort against the Hoax.
    A lot of ppl said the exact same thing after New Mexico. Twice is a trend

Between brachle and Hartley, my affinity for kickers has reached record depths!!!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Dude touched the ball 14 times and had 232 total yards. Avg of 16.6 a touch. If the SBC gives Freshman of the year to anyone else in this conference, I will send a bag of my own feces to the SBC offices
    Couple that with one of Just1More's thongs and I think you have a winner.

Brian

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: LOUISIANA (35) vs GEORGIA STATE (21)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This.

I don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling about the way we played. But we're still having a better year than we've had since 1943. There's not one single reason why anyone should be upset over this win. We're a good team but we're not head and shoulders above every team in the Sun Belt and no one should expect us to beat every Sun Belt opponent by 42 points. We got the job done. It wasn't pretty, but mission accomplished. GEAUX CAJUNS.
    I like to use military examples, regardless of whether this is as important as war. When you come back from the enemy lines, and you've lost soldiers, do you say, "oh well. it wasn't pretty. and we made some mistakes. but since we killed more of them than they killed of us. all is good?". Answer: No, you don't. You look for things you may not be doing as good as you could, and you try the next time to accomplish the mission without so much damage. I like to think of football this way. As much as I like to throw young men into battle and win. I don't like dismissing a few deaths as "acceptable losses". And good football programs and coaches treat the game exactly this way. Our defensive scheme sucks right now. And even if we win out, it still sucks and needs to improve.

8-2!!! Woohoo!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I hope you mean, "this is what we should have expected out of our defense. because of the poor defensive scheme we use". Our defensive players are not this bad. They are being set up for failure by our defensive coaching.

I guarantee you that for every "big play" touchdown we are "preventing" over the top, we are giving up two touchdowns "underneath". I'm impressed with some recovery defense I see some of our playmakers on defense make. 3/4 of the time, our coaches have them out of position to even come close to making plays.

Do you know when you know you're playing a dumb defensive scheme? When you play programs whose greatest asset is their QB. and you give him all day to find a target. That is just dumb. For every play that you can make a move on the ball or ball carrier after the QB successfully finds a target, you can eliminate two by putting that QB under duress. The math works out. This scheme we're using is crushing our defensive players' spirits. It's dumb.

And we're damn damn lucky our offense makes up for our defensive coaching.
    I agree with you when it comes to our scheme. I don't understand it and I haven't understood it since week 1 against Arkansas. It's frustrating as hell to me. But I'm not a football coach either. I trust HUD's judgement way more I trust mine or yours or anyone else's. And I trust him to make the right adjustments if or when he feels they need to be made. Maybe they've seen that we're just way too weak in the secondary to put 6 men in the box. I don't know. But I'm not going to turn into one of those LSU fans who calls for Les Miles' head after a 7-0 start after winning a close game. The wins are still coming so I'll shut up.

I will say I think we'll need to come up with something better if we want to beat Browning in two weeks.

No one should have expected us to hold GA state to any less than 14 points. Their offense isn't that bad and our defense isn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Couple that with one of Just1More's thongs and I think you have a winner.

Brian
    I cannot believe you said that, Brian. My thongs are trophies to be coveted. I only retire them when the strap snaps. And when that happens, everyone at the party gets a piece.
    of the strap you naughty boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I like to use military examples, regardless of whether this is as important as war. When you come back from the enemy lines, and you've lost soldiers, do you say, "oh well. it wasn't pretty. and we made some mistakes. but since we killed more of them than they killed of us. all is good?". Answer: No, you don't. You look for things you may not be doing as good as you could, and you try the next time to accomplish the mission without so much damage. I like to think of football this way. As much as I like to throw young men into battle and win. I don't like dismissing a few deaths as "acceptable losses". And good football programs and coaches treat the game exactly this way. Our defensive scheme sucks right now. And even if we win out, it still sucks and needs to improve.

8-2!!! Woohoo!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I hear you. I think it's right for us to be concerned about the future. But I think it's also wrong for us to be upset over a win.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I agree with you when it comes to our scheme. I don't understand it and I haven't understood it since week 1 against Arkansas. It's frustrating as hell to me. But I'm not a football coach either. I trust HUD's judgement way more I trust mine or yours or anyone else's. And I trust him to make the right adjustments if or when he feels they need to be made. Maybe they've seen that we're just way too weak in the secondary to put 6 men in the box. I don't know. But I'm not going to turn into one of those LSU fans who calls for Les Miles' head after a 7-0 start after winning a close game. The wins are still coming so I'll shut up.

I will say I think we'll need to come up with something better if we want to beat Browning in two weeks.

No one should have expected us to hold GA state to any less than 14 points. Their offense isn't that bad and our defense isn't that good.
    You don't see me calling for someone's head. I don't look at the score and decide whether we did or didn't do a good job in every assignment, down and series. I look at each and every single detail. When I see a detail not contributing to the overall system, whether the system can sustain it or not, I work on improving the detail. I expect that out of Hud.

And yes. what I saw wasn't as disconcerting when thinking about GA St. I am concerned about Browning and ULM. If we were going to get in a bigger pass rush drill, we needed to do it with GA St. I think we can now expect a similar defensive scheme against ULM. I hope our offense is up for another day of being spectacular. and it doesn't come down to a field goal to win it.

14. Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

I think we're all smart enough to understand that 8 in a row is special, and these are special times with this program. But if you're not concerned about some things, you're just lying to yourself and I won't apologize for voicing that concern. We have problems on defense. Schematically or personnel, whatever the case may be, you can't just throw a blanket statement over this squad (took care of business) and pretend like we don't. That's naive and good teams will take advantage of these short comings.

Congrats Cajuns on another win!! D looked bad, but have faith it's going to come back. Now stop the complaining you sound like an LSU fan. 8 Wins Sweet!!!

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . LastLast

Thread Information