Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 FB Final: Louisiana 35, Georgia State 21

Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

The interception and fumble kept GS in the ball game

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Is the game still not over? 14 point lead less than 2 minutes left. Man, I hope we can pull it out!
    Me too. But you made the comment with 3+ min on the clock with ga st moving the ball. You don't have to watched much football in your life to know plenty can still happen there.

I prefer not to disturb football karma cosmos with comments like that when we all know it's not over. You're welcome to though

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    OMG. That was a bull____ targeting call.
    Good tackle. That's what that was. If have ni idea how they can look at the video and conclude that it was targeting.

Default Re: LOUISIANA (35) vs GEORGIA STATE (21)

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    It is not easy to win 8 in a row. They won't all be pretty. 8-2, I am not complaining.
    Yeah and the way we played against the bad teams lately the chance to win 9 in a row scares me. But I'll be there in my reserve seats screaming and making noise till clock strikes 0:00. But I'm nervous!

It is not easy to win 8 in a row. They won't all be pretty. 8-2, I am not complaining.
    Congrats to the guys and coaches for 8 straight wins.

We did not play good, but I think we are finding out as long as you have a decent offense and play average, you can beat most of the teams in the belt.
    This conference is terrible.
    I don't see how anyone could get hyped to play in that atmosphere in the GA Dome. That was a terrible football atmosphere. Maybe that's what our problem was.

True. True. 8 -2 with 8 straight wins is something to be proud of

7. Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

I am so excited to get this win

In the past we would have given GSU the WKU welcome mat.

Looking like the best single season record ever for Cajun football. Best record ever, best coach ever, best freshman running back ever. Ya'll can be negative if ya'll want to. Me, I'm enjoying the moment. We're going bowling. Geaux Cajuns.

This.

I don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling about the way we played. But we're still having a better year than we've had since 1943. There's not one single reason why anyone should be upset over this win. We're a good team but we're not head and shoulders above every team in the Sun Belt and no one should expect us to beat every Sun Belt opponent by 42 points. We got the job done. It wasn't pretty, but mission accomplished. GEAUX CAJUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Good tackle. That's what that was. If have ni idea how they can look at the video and conclude that it was targeting.
    I think it has come to the point that ANY helmet to helmet contact no matter how incidental, it is called targeting. He, in no way, shape, or form led with his head. All he did wrong on that play was have a head on top of his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

don't remind me turb

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

This.

Anyone who reads anything into this game is foolish.

I doubt we see this same level of effort against the Hoax.

Louisiana-Lafayette Rushing
    CAR YDS AVG TD LG
    The Prophet 11 107 9.7 0 39

Louisiana-Lafayette Receiving
    REC YDS AVG TD LG
    The Prophet 3 125 41.7 2 80

Dude touched the ball 14 times and had 232 total yards. Avg of 16.6 a touch. If the SBC gives Freshman of the year to anyone else in this conference, I will send a bag of my own feces to the SBC offices

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: LOUISIANA (28) VS GEORGIA STATE (21)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Ga State has scored points against everyone they've played. They're not a terrible offensive team and we're not a great defensive team. This is about what we should have expected out of our D.
    I hope you mean, "this is what we should have expected out of our defense. because of the poor defensive scheme we use". Our defensive players are not this bad. They are being set up for failure by our defensive coaching.

I guarantee you that for every "big play" touchdown we are "preventing" over the top, we are giving up two touchdowns "underneath". I'm impressed with some recovery defense I see some of our playmakers on defense make. 3/4 of the time, our coaches have them out of position to even come close to making plays.

Do you know when you know you're playing a dumb defensive scheme? When you play programs whose greatest asset is their QB. and you give him all day to find a target. That is just dumb. For every play that you can make a move on the ball or ball carrier after the QB successfully finds a target, you can eliminate two by putting that QB under duress. The math works out. This scheme we're using is crushing our defensive players' spirits. It's dumb.

And we're damn damn lucky our offense makes up for our defensive coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I will send a bag of my own feces to the SBC offices
    Should do this anyway. And often

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . LastLast

Thread Information