Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: first half

1. Default first half

We played a lil 2/3 M up Vieux hustles---Register maybe our best shooter---- Rimmer and Brown show a lil experience---Playing the whole team---Pig mascot # 1/2 ----JJ took a great charge (30 more pounds to go)---EP hit early FTs but missed the front end of 2 in a row---Long with 3 fouls and is not as effective against ARK's biggies---We look pretty good and poised!!!

Default Re: first half

Boom:
    Mrs Raoul and I just made reservations @ Hampton Inn downtown Mobile. I'll show you the best BBQ y'all ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    We played a lil 2/3 M up Vieux hustles---Register maybe our best shooter---- Rimmer and Brown show a lil experience---Playing the whole team---Pig mascot # 1/2 ----JJ took a great charge (30 more pounds to go)---EP hit early FTs but missed the front end of 2 in a row---Long with 3 fouls and is not as effective against ARK's biggies---We look pretty good and poised!!!
    This makes my head hurt.

4. Default Re: first half

SECOND HALF---BEST ANNOUNCERS I HAVE SEEN--- Called us Louisiana all night---the final run was a 17-3 break away----We will struggle against any type of ZONE DEFENSE---we cannot shoot from the outside (I think 2 of 17)---FTs we were at 15 of 24 and missed the front end of quite a few----Rimmer needs to be under control on the drives as he had 2 charges----PT guard with quickness hurt us in the end----There were 8 ties and 7 lead changes until we fizzled out (interesting that the P by P guy mentioned this)--I think JJ and Vieux could give Long some help but they need some Playing time JJ is getting it and Vieux looked good when in the 2/3 match up !!!! Thought we looked good in the Match up zone but I worry when we have to play offense against it!!! Also this game was SSSSOOOOO much closer than the final score and again on the road!!!! WE ain't bad and fun to watch!!!! Marlin left the court early and he did this last year also????

Cajuns were down by 5 and all of a sudden the Refs think Payton cant drive without charging? Whats up with that, could of been baskets and drawn a fowl each time! We led with 5 minutes to go!!! We are somewhat young but Register and Wronkowski have to hit it from outside! We will be ok!! Good game guys!!!

SECOND HALF---BEST ANNOUNCERS I HAVE SEEN--- Called us Louisiana all night---the final run was a 17-3 break away----We will struggle against any type of ZONE DEFENSE---we cannot shoot from the outside (I think 2 of 17)---FTs we were at 15 of 24 and missed the front end of quite a few----Rimmer needs to be under control on the drives as he had 2 charges----PT guard with quickness hurt us in the end----There were 8 ties and 7 lead changes until we fizzled out (interesting that the P by P guy mentioned this)--I think JJ and Vieux could give Long some help but they need son Playing time JJ is getting it!!!! Thought we looked good in the Match up zone but I worry when we have to play offense against it!!! Also this game was SSSSOOOOO much closer than the final score and again on the road!!!! WE ain't bad and fun to watch!!!! Marlin left the court early and he did this last year also????
    Was the game on TV?!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Cajuns were down by 5 and all of a sudden the Refs think Payton cant drive without charging? Whats up with that, could of been baskets and drawn a fowl each time! We led with 5 minutes to go!!! We are somewhat young but Register and Wronkowski have to hit it from outside! We will be ok!! Good game guys!!!
    Agree, and to add to your post, didn't the rule change this year forcing the defender to establish defensive position sooner? Makes two charges against Payton seem that much more improbable. Did I misunderstand the rules change?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Was the game on TV?!
    It was available to stream through the Razorback athletic site. The catch is you had to sign up for a 1 month pass for 12.95. It was worth it but those last 3 or 4 minutes were frustrating to watch.

Was the game on TV?!
    Only on Razor Vision (Arkansas site) on a subscription basis.

It is tough to win on the road in college basketball.we'll be fine.

SECOND HALF---BEST ANNOUNCERS I HAVE SEEN--- Called us Louisiana all night---the final run was a 17-3 break away----We will struggle against any type of ZONE DEFENSE---we cannot shoot from the outside (I think 2 of 17)---FTs we were at 15 of 24 and missed the front end of quite a few----Rimmer needs to be under control on the drives as he had 2 charges----PT guard with quickness hurt us in the end----There were 8 ties and 7 lead changes until we fizzled out (interesting that the P by P guy mentioned this)--I think JJ and Vieux could give Long some help but they need son Playing time JJ is getting it!!!! Thought we looked good in the Match up zone but I worry when we have to play offense against it!!! Also this game was SSSSOOOOO much closer than the final score and again on the road!!!! WE ain't bad and fun to watch!!!! Marlin left the court early and he did this last year also????
    I don't think we will shoot the ball as badly from the outside as we did tonight in most games. Brown is simply in a slump now and I look for him to break out of it soon. Also, Coach said in the post game interview that Register may play more in the future as he had 5 points in 6 minutes. In the games at home, he has not been as bad on defense as some have said. Obviously 2 for 17 from three won't cut it and we have to improve on that and I believe we will.

12. Default Re: first half

Was the game on TV?!
    ---It was on the U of A Computer deal call RAZOR something!!!

13. Default Re: first half

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't think we will shoot the ball as badly from the outside as we did tonight in most games. Brown is simply in a slump now and I look for him to break out of it soon. Also, Coach said in the post game interview that Register may play more in the future as he had 5 points in 6 minutes. In the games at home, he has not been as bad on defense as some have said. Obviously 2 for 17 from three won't cut it and we have to improve on that and I believe we will.
    ---Maybe Register will be the EMcG of basketball---he looked comfortable in the roll like the good ones are!!!! How about JJ on defense?? but just think sans 35 lbs and a year on the weights!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Thought EP was exhausted at end. Missed FTs likely result. TOs at end, tired legs made difference. We seemed to be really affected by Long's miss and no call on undercut (as I remember). Not same after that. Good 25 minutes of bball. Last 5 not so much. Really need to find relief for EP before MB comes back. Hope it's Brown or Rimmer or Register but not sure. Plus Steve remains in a funk. We have more talent this year, are playing better but long way to go against better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    This makes my head hurt.
    think that was written in Egyptian hieroglyphics . Didnt understand a single word.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information