Thread: Getting on XM

1. Default Getting on XM

XM reaches a wide audience, just not me.

2. UL Football Re: HUD on XM 91 at Noon, Tuesday

Buy an XM radio.

I rarely listen to over the air radio.

3. Default Re: HUD on XM 91 at Noon, Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Buy an XM radio.

I rarely listen to over the air radio.
    Annual cost?

4. UL Football Re: HUD on XM 91 at Noon, Tuesday

dunno, bought a lifetime deal when I got my new vehicle. That was 500.00 bucks, and was a bargain as I think it was like seventy or eighty a year otherwise. I plan on having that vehicle at least a dozen years.

Some things I listen to when not on sports, and there are a ton of those. This is great on long road trips especially:

Elvis
    Fifties a lot of Fats
    comedy channels

FOX News if you like to be depressed about the coming end.
    CNN news if you are happy and feel like you need to get depressed because of the liberal success and of course the end of the world as we know it.
    Gay channel if you want to find out why you are straight and damned glad you are.

Really pretty much of anything, Playboy, Evangelical, but you get that on most am stations these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Annual cost?
    They run a special for $26 for 5 months. When its up just call back and say your going to cancel and they will offer it to you again. I have been doing this since I got my car in 09. I think regularly its about $15 a month.

Default Re: HUD on XM 91 at Noon, Tuesday

I pay around $21 a month for my car reciever and online/phone app. It is defenitely worth it!

I have not listened to regular radio (besides 1420 of course) in almost 8 years now. 100s of music channels for all genres and most without commercials...talk radio...comedy..Howard Stern..Opie and Anthony etc...I'm jamming to Pink Floyd Radio as I type!

dunno, bought a lifetime deal when I got my new vehicle. That was 500.00 bucks, and was a bargain as I think it was like seventy or eighty a year otherwise. I plan on having that vehicle at least a dozen years.

Some things I listen to when not on sports, and there are a ton of those. This is great on long road trips especially:

Elvis
    Fifties a lot of Fats
    comedy channels

FOX News if you like to be depressed about the coming end.
    CNN news if you are happy and feel like you need to get depressed because of the liberal success and of course the end of the world as we know it.
    Gay channel if you want to find out why you are straight and damned glad you are.

Really pretty much of anything, Playboy, Evangelical, but you get that on most am stations these days.
    500 bucks is a pretty good deal...does that transfer from vehicle to vehicle or it only valid on that one vehicle?

8. UL Football Re: HUD on XM 91 at Noon, Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    500 bucks is a pretty good deal...does that transfer from vehicle to vehicle or it only valid on that one vehicle?
    It is only for the vehicle and the radio in that car. Bet your life I will be plenty Pizzed if it gets totaled before eight years, but you probably know the older the car the easier it is to total in a minor collision.

I've purchased 2 lifetime packages, first one from sirius, they said it was no longer valid becasue XM purchased sirius. I purchased another life time from XM. 3 years later they said I had to renew and that they no longer offered the lifetime and that my previous life time package was invalid. you can probably imagine how the rest of the conversation went.

10. UL Football Re: HUD on XM 91 at Noon, Tuesday

Sounds illegal to me. When you merge or take over a company you inherit the good and the bad, you do not get to cherry pick because that particular contract is with the customer not the vendor. In any case I am into my sixth year and still have never paid for any additional programming.

Sounds illegal to me. When you merge or take over a company you inherit the good and the bad, you do not get to cherry pick because that particular contract is with the customer not the vendor. In any case I am into my sixth year and still have never paid for any additional programming.
    i agree, but try getting that across to gary smith your customer service erep in bangladesh. i wnet back and forth through phone calls, emails etc. nothing...all i get is a letter in the mail asking me to come back. ill stick with spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    They run a special for $26 for 5 months. When its up just call back and say your going to cancel and they will offer it to you again. I have been doing this since I got my car in 09. I think regularly its about $15 a month.
    Go this route.

Thread Information