Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UL bowl news still uncertain

Default Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I think Carr being a Heisman candidate, although an outside shot, may give more glitter to Fresno St and get them in above NIU.
    The glamour of players does not help in determining what teams go to BCS bowl games, only computer rankings and poll placements.

2. Default Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

Disclaimer: Don't listen to a word I say on this thread.

I'm just crying in my spilled milk that Buckley didn't mention RaginPagin.com as his source to the source in his article today.

FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Disclaimer: Don't listen to a word I say on this thread.

I'm just crying in my spilled milk that Buckley didn't mention RaginPagin.com as his source to the source in his article today.

FAQ
    Was THAT the message board he derived his entire article from???

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

Basketball tickets barely reached season ticket holders in time. Barely.

The bowl is in 5 weeks.
    Speak for yourself, Turb. I got mine 8 hours before the third home game this year. lol

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I have the same feelings regarding NIU and the BCS buster . don't think they will get past Fresno St.

Don't forget there is a MAC championship game still to be played.
    Fresno State and Northern Illinois have identical averages in the computer rankings, right now, Fresno is ahead in the human polls. Fresno has games left against (current records forthcoming) New Mexico (3-6), San Jose State (5-4) then the championship game against Utah State (6-4) or Boise State (6-3). NIU has games against Ball State (9-1), Toledo (7-3) and Western Michigan (1-9), before playing the MAC championship game against Bowling Green or Buffalo (both 7-3). I'd say NIU has a chance to pass Fresno in the computers, and perhaps in the polls, if they win impressively enough. There are a lot of games left to play, and anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Fresno State and Northern Illinois have identical averages in the computer rankings, right now, Fresno is ahead in the human polls. Fresno has games left against (current records forthcoming) New Mexico (3-6), San Jose State (5-4) then the championship game against Utah State (6-4) or Boise State (6-3). NIU has games against Ball State (9-1), Toledo (7-3) and Western Michigan (1-9), before playing the MAC championship game against Bowling Green or Buffalo (both 7-3). I'd say NIU has a chance to pass Fresno in the computers, and perhaps in the polls, if they win impressively enough. There are a lot of games left to play, and anything can happen.
    Niu's performance last year in their bcs game will hurt them in the human polls

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Niu's performance last year in their bcs game will hurt them in the human polls
    Possibly, but I would think that the fact that Fresno has played and beaten more bowl eligible teams than NIU will play more of a factor than anything that happened last season. Fresno has wins over Rutgers and Boise State (qualified), UNLV and San Diego State (one more win), and a game against probable qualifier San Jose State, then the MWC championship game (Boise State or Utah State), for a total of 6 wins. NIU has a win over Iowa, with games against Ball State, Toledo and the MAC championship game (Bowling Green or Buffalo), for a total of 4 games. Overall schedule looks good for Fresno, just not the stretch run.

Default Re: Have we been Invited to the NOLA Bowl Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    I recall lots of folks commenting two weeks ago that the "for sure" invite to the NOLA bowl might come after our 6th win, but would "definitely come after our win over Troy.

I might be in the minority (in fact I know that I am), but I hope we go to a better paying bowl in either Shreveport or Houston (to diversify our portfolio for new conference consideration)
    Houston over Shreveport any day. We have a lot of alumni in Houston and it is a cheap short flight from NOLA.

9. Default Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    With all of this being said, who do we want tonight in the NIU/Ball State game?

One part of me wants NIU to keep winning, but the concern is that if they do, they might bust the BCS, which would take them out of a potential NOLA Bowl equation. If you tell me there is no way they bust the BCS even if they win out, then go Huskies.

If Ball State wins tonight they WILL win the MAC, as they only have lowly Miami (Ohio) remaining. I'd rather NIU than Ball State - just better perception quality.

Thoughts?
    ----Just remember that the team we could well play in the NO Bowl beat Ball State------Yes N TEXAS!!! Really don't want that but the Tulane Board says although it is beneath them they will have to play UL in the NO BOWL!!! They will then at least be able to say that they are the 2nd best team in the state having beaten Monroe, LTUR, and the Cajuns!!!

10. Default Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

Basketball tickets barely reached season ticket holders in time. Barely.

The bowl is in 5 weeks.
    -----Ahhhh in time???? Just got mine today in the mail!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Possibly, but I would think that the fact that Fresno has played and beaten more bowl eligible teams than NIU will play more of a factor than anything that happened last season. Fresno has wins over Rutgers and Boise State (qualified), UNLV and San Diego State (one more win), and a game against probable qualifier San Jose State, then the MWC championship game (Boise State or Utah State), for a total of 6 wins. NIU has a win over Iowa, with games against Ball State, Toledo and the MAC championship game (Bowling Green or Buffalo), for a total of 4 games. Overall schedule looks good for Fresno, just not the stretch run.
    Sorry to tell you but you can't change human nature. The human poll will weigh in the fact that niu was given their bcs chance and they shat the bed. It's human, not the computer.

To throw a wrinkle in everyone's conceived notion that one will in fact bust the BC$, it's not set that either will make it. To qualify, they must either be in the Top 12 of the BC$ OR be in the Top 16 and be ranked higher than the automatic qualifier from the Power 6. Basically this means that Fresno or NIU need to be ranked ahead of UCF, which they are.for now. UCF is ranked 17th for now and has been climbing. Don't be surprised if ESPN and others start pimping UCF and get the voters to rank them ahead of Fresno and NIU.

Louisiana Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    To throw a wrinkle in everyone's conceived notion that one will in fact bust the BC$, it's not set that either will make it. To qualify, they must either be in the Top 12 of the BC$ OR be in the Top 16 and be ranked higher than the automatic qualifier from the Power 6. Basically this means that Fresno or NIU need to be ranked ahead of UCF, which they are.for now. UCF is ranked 17th for now and has been climbing. Don't be surprised if ESPN and others start pimping UCF and get the voters to rank them ahead of Fresno and NIU.
    This. Essentially, if we want to have NIU in the NOLA Bowl, we need UCF to get in. This would push Fresno & NIU into lower bowls, NIU possibly coming to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I will always remember how I felt when I saw that announcement and also how I felt when Baer made that field goal to win it. Thanks for bringing those memories back to me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information