Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UL bowl news still uncertain

Default Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

The last two years once were bowl eligible the school started selling bowl tickets.to an unknown bowl. I wonder why they have not started that process yet

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    The last two years once were bowl eligible the school started selling bowl tickets.to an unknown bowl. I wonder why they have not started that process yet
    My guess is because it was a nightmare for the ticket office and caused mass confusion among the casual fan.

And now that the SB bowl teams will share the revenue there is much, much less desire on our part to create such revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    my guess is after 2 years they know what they are doing and dont need a month to do it.just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    I agree with this. I believe NIU would love to come to NOLA rather than Mobile, where they went just 2 years ago. The kicker is whether NOLA Bowl officials can offer Go Daddy enough money for them to release NIU, assuming they win the MAC. And whether that release money spent will at least make itself up in increased NOLA Bowl ticket sales for a sweeter matchup. If I'm Farmer, I'm using the last 2 years successes as leverage and pressure to convince Ferrante to want to make this UL/NIU matchup a reality in NOLA.
    With all of this being said, who do we want tonight in the NIU/Ball State game?

One part of me wants NIU to keep winning, but the concern is that if they do, they might bust the BCS, which would take them out of a potential NOLA Bowl equation. If you tell me there is no way they bust the BCS even if they win out, then go Huskies.

If Ball State wins tonight they WILL win the MAC, as they only have lowly Miami (Ohio) remaining. I'd rather NIU than Ball State - just better perception quality.

Thoughts?

One part of me wants NIU to keep winning, but the concern is that if they do, they might bust the BCS, which would take them out of a potential NOLA Bowl equation. If you tell me there is no way they bust the BCS even if they win out, then go Huskies.

If Ball State wins tonight they WILL win the MAC, as they only have lowly Miami (Ohio) remaining. I'd rather NIU than Ball State - just better perception quality.

Thoughts?
    fresno state is currently ahead of NIU, if they continue to win out.fresno st will get the 1 bcs slot.

Thoughts?
    I have the same feelings regarding NIU and the BCS buster . don't think they will get past Fresno St.

Don't forget there is a MAC championship game still to be played.

8. Default Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    my guess is after 2 years they know what they are doing and dont need a month to do it.just a guess
    Basketball tickets barely reached season ticket holders in time. Barely.

The bowl is in 5 weeks.

fresno state is currently ahead of NIU, if they continue to win out.fresno st will get the 1 bcs slot.
    Good point. Go Bulldogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Basketball tickets barely reached season ticket holders in time. Barely.

The bowl is in 5 weeks.
    maybe its in 8 weeks.maybe they dont know the price yet bc they arent sure of the location.

11. Default Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

maybe its in 8 weeks.maybe they dont know the price yet bc they arent sure of the location.
    I know it is hard but they had a price contingency plan in the past.

Nov. 23rd a week (+3days)
    Nov 30th two weeks
    Dec. 7th three weeks
    Dec. 14th four weeks
    Dec. 21st five weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I know it is hard but they had a price contingency plan in the past.

Nov. 23rd a week (+3days)
    Nov 30th two weeks
    Dec. 7th three weeks
    Dec. 14th four weeks
    Dec. 21st five weeks
    Turbine, the parameters have changed. If you only make 10 cents on a dollar, do you really want to spend a lot?

Point being, why should our athletic department (or ticket sales) bust their butt to make money that will help other SB teams more than UL?

13. Default Re: UL bowl news still uncertain

High attendance will still pay dividends for Louisiana branding now and into the future that go far beyond profit.

jmo

I think Carr being a Heisman candidate, although an outside shot, may give more glitter to Fresno St and get them in above NIU.

That's what I said. If Fresno wins out they are in.they are ahead now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information