Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another name thread

1. Default Re: Another name thread

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    Warricks bro played here not long ago. 2004-05. Travis smothers, but not sure if that will help
    I should have read the rest of the thread.

Send Travis this link, to show him we still think about him and appreciate his contributions. https://forumeus.com/.vis#post547803

Default Re: Another name thread

I wouldn't know how to contact him.

I would never ever surrender exposure on ESPN(2,3,U) for FS1 to play one of our games nationally all season but call us Louisiana. Want to talk about going backwards? Want to know why we're killing CUSA in all recruiting categories? Exposure

4. Default Re: Another name thread

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I would never ever surrender exposure on ESPN(2,3,U) for FS1 to play one of our games nationally all season but call us Louisiana. Want to talk about going backwards? Want to know why we're killing CUSA in all recruiting categories? Exposure
    UL-Kansas on FS1 doubled the viewership of Troy-ASU on ESPNU

UL's FS1 game even beat Southern Miss vs Boise State on ESPNU and Iowa State vs Baylor ESPNU

Now then UL's ESPNU appearances dwarfed the FS1 appearance.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Wait, I thought we were winning the name battle?
    Who says we aren't? ULM is losing this battle. They wanted "ULM" and "ULM Warhawks" to become a household name, specifically because they didn't like being called "Monroe". This silliness makes them as obscure as ever and moving backwards. When people are confused because of the name stuff, someone says "Ragin Cajuns". bam. universal recognition. "Monroe" has nothing but a nub to hang their hat on. And every day they push this name fight, they slide further into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Who says we aren't? ULM is losing this battle. They wanted "ULM" and "ULM Warhawks" to become a household name, specifically because they didn't like being called "Monroe". This silliness makes them as obscure as ever and moving backwards. When people are confused because of the name stuff, someone says "Ragin Cajuns". bam. universal recognition. "Monroe" has nothing but a nub to hang their hat on. And every day they push this name fight, they slide further into obscurity.
    I just hope this isn't a kamikaze mission.planning to further hurt themselves and derail any shot we ever had of getting away from these idiots in Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    UL-Kansas on FS1 doubled the viewership of Troy-ASU on ESPNU

UL's FS1 game even beat Southern Miss vs Boise State on ESPNU and Iowa State vs Baylor ESPNU

Now then UL's ESPNU appearances dwarfed the FS1 appearance.
    What I'm saying is, I don't want to trade off 4 media outlets for 1 just because of the name issue. These kids don't want to come here for our name, they come here for the exposure they see.

8. Default Re: Another name thread

What I'm saying is, I don't want to trade off 4 media outlets for 1 just because of the name issue. These kids don't want to come here for our name, they come here for the exposure they see.
    I understand now, good point.

When they call you Louisiana-Lafayette, ULL, LALAF, ULALA, and other assorted non-sense.they end up getting confused and not calling at all.

Those guys have no clue in the difference between UL Lafayette and UL Monroe. Probably heard somewhere along the way a La @ school was going by Louisiana now and didn't know the difference. Most people don't. Case in point you all saw the Ragin Cajun flag when ESPN game day was in Wasington for the UO game. A good friend of mine had that flag and several people came up and said Go Ragin Cajuns!! Then asked "Y'all in are in Monroe right" People outside of the south have no clue. So probably wasn't intentional. If it becomes a trend we have no chance in that fight on a national level.

11. Default Re: Another name thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Those guys have no clue in the difference between UL Lafayette and UL Monroe. Probably heard somewhere along the way a La @ school was going by Louisiana now and didn't know the difference. Most people don't. Case in point you all saw the Ragin Cajun flag when ESPN game day was in Wasington for the UO game. A good friend of mine had that flag and several people came up and said Go Ragin Cajuns!! Then asked "Y'all in are in Monroe right" People outside of the south have no clue. So probably wasn't intentional. If it becomes a trend we have no chance in that fight on a national level.
    I totally get what you are saying on one level but somebody knows the difference.

Louisiana has trounced ULM in the ratings this year.

Through November 2nd

In ULM's 3 nationally televised games they have had 313,000 total viewers.

In Louisiana's 3 nationally televised games 1,538,000 watched.

Of course none of those were on ESPN Prime or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Correct, as sad as it is to say. People recognize us THE MOST by Ragin Cajuns. They love that stuff. That is what people associate with us right now. This is why Hud wanted RAGIN CAJUNS in the spotlight for our TV games. I hope soon we can sway this association from RC to LOUISIANA. But it will take time with these High School kids guys.

Like I said a few posts ago, the BEST thing for us right now is exposure. Kids see our program winning, not our name. That's why we're getting insanes amounts of 3-4 stars exclusively that are getting interest.

13. UL Football Re: Another name thread

Let's give the announces the benefit of the doubt. By that I mean they were not just punking us.

Then even confused this is a GREAT thing because it means that Louisiana is being accepted, and I have absolute confidence we ARE Louisiana and will be the team that will finally fully be recognized as Louisiana. Come on guys the Cowboys got a touchdown last week vs the Saints but in the end they were blown away big time, and so will the Hoax who prefer NLU, and now want ULM except when trying to spite us.

Does ULM play on ESPN3 this week? If they do.what do they call them? I know we will all be watching our game on ESPN3.

15. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Another name thread

The Hoax are in rest and rehab mode. No chance for them to lose this week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information