Thread: ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

1. UL Tennis ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

LAFAYETTE - Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns men’s tennis standout Piotrek Banas is currently ranked 40th in the NCAA according to the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings released on Jan. 8.

Banas, a sophomore from Bielsko-Biala, Poland, is also ranked sixth according to the ITA in their latest regional rankings.

This fall, Banas won the blue draw singles consolation championship as Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns men's tennis team competed in Day 2 of the UTSA Invitational. The win marked the first championship of the fall for Banas. He claimed the consolation title after defeating Texas Tech’s Milos Kustudija, 6-2, 6-3.

At the ITA Regionals in October, Banas, the No. 9 seed, advanced to the quarterfinals round after he defeated No. 2 seed Texas’ Dimitar Kutrovsky, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3.

As a freshman, Banas was named First Team All-Louisiana Men’s Tennis Team by the Louisiana Sports Writer’s Association.

Banas amassed a 12-4 singles record to go along with his 8-5 doubles mark in his rookie campaign.

Banas played primarily at the No. 1 singles spot earning a 12-4 record on the year. He had an 8-5 record playing in either the No. 1 or No. 2 doubles spot. Banas won seven of his first nine singles matches and five of his last six matches. He had two five-match winning streaks during the course of the season.

RaginCajuns.com
    Chris Whitehead

2. Default Re: ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

I donated $150 bones to the UL athletic association and asked that this be given specifically to the tennis team.

The smaller sports need all of our help to continue to prosper. They continue to succeed without the financial support of other sports.

Good luck to Banas and the entire men's and women's netters this season.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave View Post
    I donated $150 bones to the UL athletic association and asked that this be given specifically to the tennis team.

The smaller sports need all of our help to continue to prosper. They continue to succeed without the financial support of other sports.

Good luck to Banas and the entire men's and women's netters this season.
    Hows the newest addition to the family, Dave?

Z

4. Default Re: ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

She is doing great>

Riley Madison Amato is an amazing little one. We are working on her forhand and backhand now, so that she can become the next star on the UL women's tennis team.

Geaux Cajuns

Mama played D-1 College Tennis in California (UC Riverside) and Daddy still plays today.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Tennis Re: ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave View Post
    She is doing great>

Riley Madison Amato is an amazing little one. We are working on her forhand and backhand now, so that she can become the next star on the UL women's tennis team.

Geaux Cajuns

Mama played D-1 College Tennis in California (UC Riverside) and Daddy still plays today.
    Sounds awesome, Dave! Mama being a former D1 tennis player was a prerequisite for marriage, right?

Z

6. Default Re: ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

How True!!!!!

I had to garuentee that my little ones got a scholarship to play tennis, obviously daddy came up a little short after HS. I figure if she has mama's disposition on the court and mama/daddy's ability we should be okay. Of course, if she has daddy's disposition (McEnroe like) we could be in trouble!!!!!

7. UL Tennis Re: ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

Nice tennis history Dave, I had no idea.

"Riley Madison Amato" Love the name.

I wish the $150 had been used to cover the home tourney's late last year.

8. Default Re: ITA Ranks UL's Banas #40 in the NCAA

Thanks,

We could not decide on a name for a girl (if it were a boy we were going with JAKE ALAN AMATO) After struggling with a girls name we each loved Riley Madison.

I am ready to get her on the court and woop some butt. Although I won't care as long as she is a Cajun fan and alum, that is all that matters.

I bought her a Cajun onsee and a Cajun Cheerleading outfit to wear. I bought it a little large so she will be ready for the 2008 Football season.

Geaux Cajuns
    Geaux Riley

Thread Information