Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: Desired bowl situation?

Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Could be an interesting bowl season, traditionally there are barely enough bowl eligible teams to go around, and usually 1-3 teams stay at home. But this year with 35 bowl games (70) teams, already 56 teams are bowl eligible and only 30 are already out of contention, this means that out of 124 bowl teams, 38 are mathematically still chasing the dream of a bowl. That being said, I think there will be plenty of bowl eligible teams staying home this year, you could have as many as 80 teams become bowl eligible for 70 spots. It will be interesting to see who gets left out this year, last year we were very close (in either proximity or conference mates) to a couple of the teams that were left out (La Tech and WKU). I think a conference mate or two could be left out again. I truly believe with ULM's terrible showing both onthe the field and fan support, unless they win out, they are going to be staying at home as well and I don't see them winning out.
    I think the SBC will have 2-3 bowl eligible teams sitting at home this season.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    If MAC and CUSA could work out an agreement to switch teams up in those respective bowls, NIU could very well make it down here. NOLA bowl gets NIU, mobile gets Tulane
    WIN-WIN!

3. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Just a look at the rankings and where the massey composites have us --in the NON Big 5 we are ranked 12th but I think we should be ahead of N TEX, UT ST, Buff, and maybe ECU!!! WE are ranked ahead of about 25 Big 5ers for what that might be worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You don't forfeit games, but you can negotiate if the rules allow. If the rules allow, the NO Bowl and Go Daddy could possibly flip teams. I'm trying to find out from someone involved in the NO Bowl as we speak, but I'm not sure they will comment on it at this point.
    I got you T. Just responding to the claim that CUSA may not have enough. They already do. Swapping would be the way to open it up.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I got you T. Just responding to the claim that CUSA may not have enough. They already do. Swapping would be the way to open it up.
    Yes and I corrected my post.

6. UL Football Re: Desired bowl situation?

I have little doubt that hardly anybody is going to watch the Go Daddy bowl the day before the big game. People are bowled out, have seen all the big bowls and waiting for the final game. NOLA early in the season is a great venue.

Going head to head with nfl playoffs. No thanks.

8. UL Football Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I would be surprised if Tulane would go for this. They will be embarrassed on the field and in the stands. I would imagine they hold some pull with the people at the NOLA bowl. They might try to slam the door shut on us forcing us to go elsewhere.
    TooLAME has zero cred with NOLA Bowl. You are delusional. TooLAME cannot force us to some other bowl. If we go to another bowl it will have to be to help UL and/or the conference.

9. UL Football Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    They got the okay to build that stadium near St. Charles with a bunch of old money people against it. I would rather play a better team in the NOLA Bowl. Sure it will be fun to whip up on our rich older brother down I-10 but my dream is to be ranked at seasons end. Destroying Tulane will not do that.
    That stadium fight was just the opposite, TooLAME had the law on their side. The "Old Money" did not want a stadium there.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information