Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Desired bowl situation?

Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Food for thought. the American, Big Ten, and Big12 will all struggle to fill their bowl spots (Big Ten definitely won't). Do we hold out just in case there is a Meineke Car Care or Heart of Dallas invite?
    NNOOOOOOOOOOO you do not hold out, did you not learn anything from LTUR???

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    NNOOOOOOOOOOO you do not hold out, did you not learn anything from LTUR???
    NO Bowl won't make their invite until they are sure what we will do. By hold out I mean do not commit to a bowl before the seasons ends.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The only bad thing about the New Orleans Bowl is that is is now the fourth bowl that will be played on Dec. 21st.
    It's an advantage. They're staggered. Football fans will be more likely to pay attention, tune in, and roll from game to game. If we were alone on that day, many football fans might not even realize it's a "bowl day".

4. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

I am wondering if we can cut a deal of some kind outside the constraints of the conference agreements-----the sharing thing is really a ____er---I am thinking that we could have them give us a much larger expense account and put say the rings with gold or diamonds --- well just thinking out of the box to get some benefits that we really do deserve---maybe restaurant vouchers for the coaching staff that can redeemed at a later date---A paid performer by the NO Bowl say to do a concert in Lafayette that we could get the sales revenue from tickets sold!!!! Get my drift dudes???

No Comment.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    What would be better: to go to NO Bowl to face CUSA or to GoDaddy to face MAC?

I'm sure those with hotel rooms in NOLA have a vested interest! I am torn. I think it's great to go to NOLA and have a huge fan presence but Mobile is not that much further (but it's Mobile for crying out loud). I'd like to crush another CUSA team for the fact that I'd like CUSA to take us in and showing we would be competitive in the conference would be good. But if NIU is sitting there undefeated (assuming no BCS busting going on) I think the ability to take down an undefeated team trumps what the NO Bowl has to offer. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a rig in the frozen Northeast during bowling season so I'll be unable to make the game no matter where its located, ugh.
    I would absolutely love to play NIU but what makes you think they will go there? They will very likely be 11-1 or possibly 12-0 and while I don't expect them to get to a BCS bowl again, I do expect them to get a nice invite somewhere else

Food for thought. the American, Big Ten, and Big12 will all struggle to fill their bowl spots (Big Ten definitely won't). Do we hold out just in case there is a Meineke Car Care or Heart of Dallas invite?
    Again, I understand this logic but there is nothing about those bowls that tells me they are better than the N.O. Bowl. I guess my exact answer would depend on who we could play in either of those bowls but its always nice to be able to bring 40,000 cajun fans down the road and have a big time home field advantage on national T.V.

People talk about higher payouts but those payout differences go away when it costs more to travel and you don't sell as many tickets.

I'm tired of being asked, "do you think the cajuns will go to a better bowl?" what constitutes a better bowl? outside of bcs bowls and new years day games the NOLA bowl is ideal for UL. I agree that after going three straight years it will vet to be old hat and would like to see us go to a houston or mobile but for now everyone wins when we play in nola.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I'm tired of being asked, "do you think the cajuns will go to a better bowl?" what constitutes a better bowl? outside of bcs bowls and new years day games the NOLA bowl is ideal for UL. I agree that after going three straight years it will vet to be old hat and would like to see us go to a houston or mobile but for now everyone wins when we play in nola.
    Well, to backtrack a bit, I guess you have to look at the entire picture. After a while, as great as going to NOLA is, the luster will where off if we are playing the likes of NT and MTSU every year who used to be conference mates. Take that and compare it with a matchup against say, a 6-6 Florida team or a team of good prestige who had a pretty rough year and the matchup would really make me want to think of possibly going to Mobile or somewhere comparable for a great matchup and opportunity to knock of a well known program.

I agree ZephI want to see how we stack up against the "better schools" as oppose to always playing them in game one and two of the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, to backtrack a bit, I guess you have to look at the entire picture. After a while, as great as going to NOLA is, the luster will where off if we are playing the likes of NT and MTSU every year who used to be conference mates. Take that and compare it with a matchup against say, a 6-6 Florida team or a team of good prestige who had a pretty rough year and the matchup would really make me want to think of possibly going to Mobile or somewhere comparable for a great matchup and opportunity to knock of a well known program.
    Or maybe Billy Ferrante and the NOLA Bowl folks need to start working some deals to ensure they get a better opponent to play us in NOLA rather than one of those teams. I bet NIU people would rather travel to NOLA before Christmas than to Mobile in January

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Recruiting----recruiting---recruiting----N O is the CENTER of our recruiting base and these last 2 bowls have created a huge perception jump for the Cajuns----It really is just unreal to look at the videos of the Cajun crowd and not get excited especially for a 17 year old----RECRUITING!!!! Kids can see the UL team at practice and in the game atmosphere----RECRUITING!!!!
    Spot on Boomer.

13. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

What might be able to happen---try to get the N O Bowl to swap off with the Mobile Bowl and get NIU to play the Cajuns---I think that a lot more people would come from Chicago to New Orleans than Chicago to Mobile or Shreveport ---Advertise it as the non-Big 5 Championship---I think you would have a huge interest nation wide for a Saturday nighter with these 2 teams----both would have to win out but this could be fabulous!!!

14. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Louisiana vs Duke in the Independence Bowl? Thoughts?

15. UL Football Re: Desired bowl situation?

Boomer, never acknowledge a difference between p5 and us. It is bad business.

Never be happy to be a top ten in mid major. It is bad business

Never be upset that our coach wants us in the final four and says as much. This is good business.

Yes, I want NIU here, but they are going to probably be the MAC champs, and have a designated bowl that is not in Mobile or NOLA.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information