Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Desired bowl situation?

1. UL Football Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    What would be better: to go to NO Bowl to face CUSA or to GoDaddy to face MAC?

I'm sure those with hotel rooms in NOLA have a vested interest! I am torn. I think it's great to go to NOLA and have a huge fan presence but Mobile is not that much further (but it's Mobile for crying out loud). I'd like to crush another CUSA team for the fact that I'd like CUSA to take us in and showing we would be competitive in the conference would be good. But if NIU is sitting there undefeated (assuming no BCS busting going on) I think the ability to take down an undefeated team trumps what the NO Bowl has to offer. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a rig in the frozen Northeast during bowling season so I'll be unable to make the game no matter where its located, ugh.
    You do realize that assuming NIU is undefeated they will have won the MAC championship game. I do not know what their champions bowl is, but almost anything beats Sunday night in a bad section of Mobile, in a dump stadium, on the day before the BCS bowl game.

Believe me Mobile is Go Daddy Bowl is a consolation prize.

Currently the MAC champ is supposed to meet a Big Ten team in the Little Cesar Bowl located in wonderful Detroit.

2. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

I AM SURE YOU MEANT NIU!!!!

3. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    p.s.- i think whenever our stadium is finally at it's renovated capacity of (40-60k?), we could be a legit location for a bowl game
    ----HAVE BEEN SAYING IT---THE OIL BOWL WITH A MUSEUM ACROSS THE STREET-----hell if they just left some of the stuff from the OIL show it would be a great attraction!!!

Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    p.s.- i think whenever our stadium is finally at it's renovated capacity of (40-60k?), we could be a legit location for a bowl game
    The McLhenny Tabasco Bowl!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    What would be better: to go to NO Bowl to face CUSA or to GoDaddy to face MAC?

I'm sure those with hotel rooms in NOLA have a vested interest! I am torn. I think it's great to go to NOLA and have a huge fan presence but Mobile is not that much further (but it's Mobile for crying out loud). I'd like to crush another CUSA team for the fact that I'd like CUSA to take us in and showing we would be competitive in the conference would be good. But if NIU is sitting there undefeated (assuming no BCS busting going on) I think the ability to take down an undefeated team trumps what the NO Bowl has to offer. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a rig in the frozen Northeast during bowling season so I'll be unable to make the game no matter where its located, ugh.
    That's easy. I'm 40 minutes away from the NOLA Bowl and have had blast for each game. If we play Tulane that would be the icing on the cake. Ton of NOLA exposure and we will destroy Tulane in attendance and on the field. We might even get some NOLA bandwagon fans.

The stadium in mobile should have been blown up years ago. It's dreadful. I don't want to spend any amount of time there.

The New Orleans Bowl takes the #7 team from CUSA. What happens if that team hasn't gotten to six wins? Does the bowl opt to another CUSA team or does it go wildcard and pick the best team available?

Would New Orleans Bowl consider a (if they get a 6th win) Vanderbilt or a team on that level. Some team from a BCS conference with a 6-6 record. New Orleans is the reward, getting their butts handed to them by UL would be the consequences. Would UL consider Memphis or Music City Bowl if possible?

I get the interest in NOLA. But if you want to be big time, better travel like the big dogs doBTW, I thought the crowd, from what I saw on the tube looked good considering.but again, if you want to go big, got to put butts in the seats. the casual and near casual UL fan is too soft. A bad UNC team drew a huge crowd earlier this year playing Miami on weeknight TV and the school was in fall break, place was full, weather was somewhat iffy. I know guys like bringing their family to games and playing on the hills, but I've yet to figure out why people insist on turning cajun field into the worlds largest daycare on game days. If you want to climb that ladder, got to go more adult, cold weather (under 60) won't kill you, wet weather won't melt you (if its anything less than a driving rain storm, its not raining.) Where this program wants to go.fans will have to travel better (particularly when a road game or the bowl game is in the Southeast) not be so soft, control what you can control (watch the weather, dress for the elements.don't show up like you just went to Gaidry's, wear the gear that gets you through the game.) tuff'n up some. Instead on finding some lame excuse not to go, find an excuse to go. Or, like the Godfather tells us on IMUS."Act Like A Man!"

7. UL Football Re: Desired bowl situation?

Facts or Myths:

Bowls are a reward for the teams doing well. Yes fact.

Bowls create fan interest of participating teams. Yes fact, well maybe not so much for TooLame.

Bowls can have a positive cash flow, but not usually. Yes, fact except for a few bowls most teams always spend just about the amount that the bowl pays. In other words if it pays a million they spend 990K if it pays two million the same team spends 1.95 million.

Bowl participants receives positive feedback by recruits. Yes, this is true.

UL's recruiting base is Louisiana, East Texas, Mississippi, Mississippi/Bama Gulf Coast, West Florida, and cherry picking South Florida and Georgia.

The NOLA bowl provides everything UL needs right now in terms of solidifying our recruiting base. No Potato Bowl, no Hawaii Bowl, no bowl we currently have a shot at will provide more of the above than the NOLA. And I do not want to be in the freezing rain in Shreveport, or Mobile when I can have a great seat in a destination city that provides every thing we need to grow the program.

If we can get what amounts to a BCS bowl next year, we jump on it, though that may be out the window after the P5 meetings in January.

There is a high probability that one season soon we will be talking about the golden years when we got to NOLA bowl almost at will. Nobody will be squawking about a "better" bowl they will just want a bowl.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Facts or Myths:

Bowls are a reward for the teams doing well. Yes fact.

Bowls create fan interest of participating teams. Yes fact, well maybe not so much for TooLame.

Bowls can have a positive cash flow, but not usually. Yes, fact except for a few bowls most teams always spend just about the amount that the bowl pays. In other words if it pays a million they spend 990K if it pays two million the same team spends 1.95 million.

Bowl participants receives positive feedback by recruits. Yes, this is true.

UL's recruiting base is Louisiana, East Texas, Mississippi, Mississippi/Bama Gulf Coast, West Florida, and cherry picking South Florida and Georgia.

The NOLA bowl provides everything UL needs right now in terms of solidifying our recruiting base. No Potato Bowl, no Hawaii Bowl, no bowl we currently have a shot at will provide more of the above than the NOLA. And I do not want to be in the freezing rain in Shreveport, or Mobile when I can have a great seat in a destination city that provides every thing we need to grow the program.

If we can get what amounts to a BCS bowl next year, we jump on it, though that may be out the window after the P5 meetings in January.

There is a high probability that one season soon we will be talking about the golden years when we got to NOLA bowl almost at will. Nobody will be squawking about a "better" bowl they will just want a bowl.
    I approve this message.

9. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

HHHHEEEEYYYYYY------I said that---LOL One thing, if I got it right is that the bowl revenues are only shared with bowl teams---So although it can be sort of a bragging deal with how many conference teams go to BOWLS ----they are taking our money!!!!! Anyway--am I correct and just wondering the RPs thoughts on it!!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I approve this message.
    +1

I'd rather go to NOLA one more time good venue. NOLA is nice around Christmas and the drive home with a hangover is shorter. plus I'd love to show tulane what college football atmosphere looks like. oh and I already booked a room in NOLA.

The only bad thing about the New Orleans Bowl is that is is now the fourth bowl that will be played on Dec. 21st.

13. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

The beauty of The New Orleans Bowl is it is located in a city that has a lot to offer the fans. Traveling to and from New Orleans is an easy trip and requires minimal planning.

Food for thought. the American, Big Ten, and Big12 will all struggle to fill their bowl spots (Big Ten definitely won't). Do we hold out just in case there is a Meineke Car Care or Heart of Dallas invite?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    The beauty of The New Orleans Bowl is it is located in a city that has a lot to offer the fans. Traveling to and from New Orleans is an easy trip and requires minimal planning.
    We may already have every available "New Orleans Bowl" room locked up. The hotel that I booked sold out a couple weeks ago. The N.O. Bowl people certainly know this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information