Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Desired bowl situation?

Default Desired bowl situation?

What would be better: to go to NO Bowl to face CUSA or to GoDaddy to face MAC?

I'm sure those with hotel rooms in NOLA have a vested interest! I am torn. I think it's great to go to NOLA and have a huge fan presence but Mobile is not that much further (but it's Mobile for crying out loud). I'd like to crush another CUSA team for the fact that I'd like CUSA to take us in and showing we would be competitive in the conference would be good. But if NIU is sitting there undefeated (assuming no BCS busting going on) I think the ability to take down an undefeated team trumps what the NO Bowl has to offer. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a rig in the frozen Northeast during bowling season so I'll be unable to make the game no matter where its located, ugh.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    What would be better: to go to NO Bowl to face CUSA or to GoDaddy to face MAC?

I'm sure those with hotel rooms in NOLA have a vested interest! I am torn. I think it's great to go to NOLA and have a huge fan presence but Mobile is not that much further (but it's Mobile for crying out loud). I'd like to crush another CUSA team for the fact that I'd like CUSA to take us in and showing we would be competitive in the conference would be good. But if NIU is sitting there undefeated (assuming no BCS busting going on) I think the ability to take down an undefeated team trumps what the NO Bowl has to offer. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a rig in the frozen Northeast during bowling season so I'll be unable to make the game no matter where its located, ugh.
    It would be nice to play and vastly outnumber Tulane in their last home game in the Superdome if they were to go to the NOLA bowl.IMO, it would be a great atmosphere and good for recruiting.

Playing NIU would be nice too though but I'd lean towards nola

Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Not to be rude because I know you just started on here, but dude just peruse around the threads. You'll see 16 different threads about everyone's opinion of where we should go bowling

I'm of the minority, but I'd prefer Godaddy vs NIU. If it isn't NIU in the godaddy, then New Orleans by a mile. I would not mind playing a top 25 team on national TV with over a month for hud to gameplan. Finish season 10-2, beat NIU in a bowl game, and finish 11-2 and top 25 finish would be almost assured where as I'm not sure, we'd be close to top 25 but not sure if we beat a bleh Tulame team we'd break in. Just have to see.

GoDaddy sucks. Due to the date it us an afterthought and very difficult for travel. It needs to be moved to some date in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    GoDaddy sucks. Due to the date it us an afterthought and very difficult for travel. It needs to be moved to some date in December.
    Right on brother! And I'm bringing 15 people to New Orleans. If the game is in an outside stadium in Mobile at the end of December, I'll be going by myself! Everyone is not as dedicated as the posters on this board. My wife, daughters, and their friends will go to New Orleans every time, but will not travel to possibly freeze there arse off outside after a 5 hour trip to watch N Illinois. (They may have a great record, but a lot of people still have never heard of them, don't care, and they still have small sounding name) That's just the way it is. Sorry to be so blunt.

I think things will change in the future, but this year, UL will not bring 20,000+ fans to any other stadium besides the superdome. And NIU, regardless of their record is not a "big name" team. I don't see how we could turn down possibly beating Tulane in their home stadium, prime time on a Saturday night, in front of a record NO bowl crowd, to kick off bowl season!!!

Great points about the outside stadium. I just found out I'll be off for GoDaddy so it's my choice since I could make a roadie down for the game. Plus beating any ranked team, even Central North Dakota Polytechnic, in the game before national championship on national TV would be sweet.

Good times

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I'm of the minority, but I'd prefer Godaddy vs NIU. If it isn't NIU in the godaddy, then New Orleans by a mile. I would not mind playing a top 25 team on national TV with over a month for hud to gameplan. Finish season 10-2, beat NIU in a bowl game, and finish 11-2 and top 25 finish would be almost assured where as I'm not sure, we'd be close to top 25 but not sure if we beat a bleh Tulame team we'd break in. Just have to see.
    I agree with this comment. Give me Go Daddy if we get NIU. If not give me Tulane in NO Bowl.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Desired bowl situation?

After toolame's loss to utsa today, I do NOT want to get paired with them in New Orleans!! That would be a complete CRAP game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    After toolame's loss to utsa today, I do NOT want to get paired with them in New Orleans!! That would be a complete CRAP game!!!
    Probably set a New Orleans Bowl record for attendance and points scored (by the Cajuns)

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    I agree with this comment. Give me Go Daddy if we get NIU. If not give me Tulane in NO Bowl.
    Yep. 99 percent of cases for this season, NOLA is best bowl for us regardless opponent. However, NIU in GoDaddy give us the chance, IF we pull the upset, to get some good national accolades and attention. So in that case, I'd like to have the shot at NIU, or any other Top 20 team for that matter.

Just from an exposure standpoint I'd much rather be playing during prime time on the 1st day of bowl games when your average college football fan is starved for some action after a 2 week hiatus. I don't want to be playing on a sunday night up against the NFL playoffs when everyone has had 30 some bowl games shoved down their throat and are only focused on the big one the next day.

14. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Recruiting----recruiting---recruiting----N O is the CENTER of our recruiting base and these last 2 bowls have created a huge perception jump for the Cajuns----It really is just unreal to look at the videos of the Cajun crowd and not get excited especially for a 17 year old----RECRUITING!!!! Kids can see the UL team at practice and in the game atmosphere----RECRUITING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Recruiting----recruiting---recruiting----N O is the CENTER of our recruiting base and these last 2 bowls have created a huge perception jump for the Cajuns----It really is just unreal to look at the videos of the Cajun crowd and not get excited especially for a 17 year old----RECRUITING!!!! Kids can see the UL team at practice and in the game atmosphere----RECRUITING!!!!
    This is a great point in the whole "where should we go" discussion. Smoking Tulane in New Orleans in prime time would raise our standing in that area and set back Coach Johnson's program by a couple years because of that game alone.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information