Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I would be surprised if Tulane would go for this. They will be embarrassed on the field and in the stands. I would imagine they hold some pull with the people at the NOLA bowl. They might try to slam the door shut on us forcing us to go elsewhere.
    Tulane doesn't want to play a bowl game in their home stadium. It's not as much of a reward for the players to play in their home stadium. We bring 40k people, nobody is going to shut the door on is with the Nola bowl.

Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

I think Ball State will beat NIU so we could very well be playing NIU in a bowl

If MAC and CUSA could work out an agreement to switch teams up in those respective bowls, NIU could very well make it down here. NOLA bowl gets NIU, mobile gets Tulane

I would be surprised if Tulane would go for this. They will be embarrassed on the field and in the stands. I would imagine they hold some pull with the people at the NOLA bowl. They might try to slam the door shut on us forcing us to go elsewhere.
    I seriously doubt a Toolame gas any clout with he NOLA Bowl, especially as far as it concerns UL. We have already proved we bring gone fans who put butts in the seats. Toolame has already proven that they can't fill the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Good idea, but can they contractually exclude a CUSA team?
    CUSA would have to agree to whatever swap was proposed. It would be up to the Bowl organizers to sell it. But as someone else pointed out, ESPN essentially runs these bowls. If they would see the matchup as a good television draw they could likely make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Riddle me this why would the Sun Belt want us to go to the GoDaddy.com Bowl when that stadium only holds 40,000. The Sun Belt gains nothing by us going there, now convincing NIU to come to New Orleans where the stadium can hold 60K+ is a win for both NIU, MAC and the Sun Belt. With the extra ticket sales they could help out the GoDaddy.com Bowl.

I was unaware of 40k being capacity. I have to think about my earlier response.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Is someone going to forfeit games? Right now CUSA has their slots filled. If they have a secondary agreement that comes open, could they ditch one of their primary bowls?
    You don't forfeit games, but you can negotiate if the rules allow. If the rules allow, the NO Bowl and Go Daddy could possibly flip teams. I'm trying to find out from someone involved in the NO Bowl as we speak, but I'm not sure they will comment on it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Riddle me this why would the Sun Belt want us to go to the GoDaddy.com Bowl when that stadium only holds 40,000. The Sun Belt gains nothing by us going there, now convincing NIU to come to New Orleans where the stadium can hold 60K+ is a win for both NIU, MAC and the Sun Belt. With the extra ticket sales they could help out the GoDaddy.com Bowl.
    MelRock, I'm nor sure it can be done. But let me tell you why it might be advantageous for UL to look at the Indy Bowl if they contact us soon. Because it would allow another bowl eligible Sun Belt program the opportunity to play in a bowl. The Sun Belt would certainly be interested in pushing for three bowl teams rather than just two at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You don't forfeit games, but you can negotiate if the rules allow. If the rules allow, the NO Bowl and Go Daddy could possibly flip teams. I'm trying to find out from someone involved in the NO Bowl as we speak, but I'm not sure they will comment on it at this point.
    Tell NOLA Bowl folks to call around to the hotels to check the bookings already from this area. See if the city wants to lose that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Tell NOLA Bowl folks to call around to the hotels to check the bookings already from this area. See if the city wants to lose that.
    Don't think so Hammer, but they certainly aren't getting any from Tulane fans.

BTW. I booked the. Marriott on Canal today for three nights at the NOLA Bowl rate. Who ever posted Earlier that they are all gone got the wrong info.

12. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Don't think so Hammer, but they certainly aren't getting any from Tulane fans.
    ---T I can almost assure you that Tulane will book more rooms than ECU did last year--they will have some Alums come to the city and I would imagine some parties and people coming from surrounding parishes ---Can't remember last 2 years but game on a Saturday helps also for Tulane!!! And I think Hammer is correct when they see for instance the Marriott already fully booked---Not taking us is like taking points off the board!!!! When i look with true objectivity at the situation, I think the NO bowl does EVERYTHING to get the Cajuns including maybe some deal to let the Cajuns keep money that wouldn't be split---Anything!!!! Put yourself in the committee's place and think what your history has been and the behooving responsibility of you mission message ----- GET the CAJUNS---Whatever it takes---Hell they have already changed the rules to get them to come back even w/O the Belt Championship!!! Is there a place where I could get the money breakdown of the bowl???? Boy would I love to see it!! My son in Law does comparable deals with professional golf tourneys and the idea is to make bucks and the Cajuns have made this group however they split it up some serious bucks----In fact it might have out done the Sugar Bowl last year!!!! And Just think about the Bars, Rests, Hotels, and shops and their feed back---I think we are a sure deal for New Orleans!!!

13. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    BTW. I booked the. Marriott on Canal today for three nights at the NOLA Bowl rate. Who ever posted Earlier that they are all gone got the wrong info.
    They must have opened up another block cause I begged to get mine as I was told it was filled up for the bowl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I seriously doubt a Toolame gas any clout with he NOLA Bowl, especially as far as it concerns UL. We have already proved we bring gone fans who put butts in the seats. Toolame has already proven that they can't fill the Dome.
    They got the okay to build that stadium near St. Charles with a bunch of old money people against it. I would rather play a better team in the NOLA Bowl. Sure it will be fun to whip up on our rich older brother down I-10 but my dream is to be ranked at seasons end. Destroying Tulane will not do that.

They got the okay to build that stadium near St. Charles with a bunch of old money people against it. I would rather play a better team in the NOLA Bowl. Sure it will be fun to whip up on our rich older brother down I-10 but my dream is to be ranked at seasons end. Destroying Tulane will not do that.
    You are right, beating Tulane, even badly, won't get us ranked this year. But it would give us a stronger foothold in the recruitment rankings and that is how you keep winning and beating those "better teams"! This whole process of becoming a "ranked" team doesn't happen as fast as we all would like. Its a process and the best way to accomplish that is by getting better players, and last I checked, one of the best ways to go about that is by winning. Losing to a "better team" in a far away bowl, with a 1/10 of the fans present, won't help us recruit NOLA one bit. If we keep winning, we will continue to progress toward a better conference, beating better teams and being considered a better program on a national level. This will take awhile.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information