Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Desired bowl situation?

1. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Well let me first say----YOU ARE RIGHT---I guess I was thinking with all the conference movement a top non big 5 would maybe have us getting first in line for a Big 5---Oh yes by all means not a lower division---I was part of the crowd that stormed the president's home to go play in a national tourney in B-ball that eventually led us into the top division in sports!!! BTW I thought that the Mobile Bowl was the MAC's bowl but maybe the Detroit one is!!!

Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

Keep in mind that our attendance at any Bowl other than NOLA will likely be lower unless the weather is perfect. While we diehards will be their I know many of our wives will not venture out into miserable weather in Shreveport or Mobile. They will opt to stay indoors at the hotel. Also, I don't think Shreveport will sell alcohol like the Dome. Not sure about Mobile. So the partying will likely be less than it will be in NOLA. Of course these are just things from the fans perspective not necessarily considerations that might concern Hud or the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Keep in mind that our attendance at any Bowl other than NOLA will likely be lower unless the weather is perfect. While we diehards will be their I know many of our wives will not venture out into miserable weather in Shreveport or Mobile. They will opt to stay indoors at the hotel. Also, I don't think Shreveport will sell alcohol like the Dome. Not sure about Mobile. So the partying will likely be less than it will be in NOLA. Of course these are just things from the fans perspective not necessarily considerations that might concern Hud or the team.

Any idea on when the N.O. Bowl will announce? Seems like it was about this time last season. Will they wait until after the ULM game?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Any idea on when the N.O. Bowl will announce? Seems like it was about this time last season. Will they wait until after the ULM game?
    Nov.22nd and Nov.25th the last two years.

Gents, CUSA looks to finish 6 teams in eligibility. What about a 8-4 Rice team or possibly a 9-3 Houston Cougars team from the AAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Gents, CUSA looks to finish 6 teams in eligibility. What about a 8-4 Rice team or possibly a 9-3 Houston Cougars team from the AAC?
    Both are good choices, and close enough to draw well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I am wondering if we can cut a deal of some kind outside the constraints of the conference agreements-----the sharing thing is really a ____er---I am thinking that we could have them give us a much larger expense account and put say the rings with gold or diamonds --- well just thinking out of the box to get some benefits that we really do deserve---maybe restaurant vouchers for the coaching staff that can redeemed at a later date---A paid performer by the NO Bowl say to do a concert in Lafayette that we could get the sales revenue from tickets sold!!!! Get my drift dudes???
    Benson can cut deals and he talked about it during the SBC Media Day. He would prefer to negotiate and place SBC programs in the best matchups as possible. Playing Tulane in the Dome may not be the best matchup for UL, venue aside. NIU more then likely wins the MAC championship, playing a ranked team for this program is a great opportunity. Several other opporunities could be available depending upon what happens in the SEC and several other conferences. Bottomline, no can argue with the venue of the New Orleans Bowl. But if certain opportunities avail themselves without waiting, UL should consider them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Louisiana vs Duke in the Independence Bowl? Thoughts?
    How about Syracuse, Boston College or Pitt?

9. Default Re: Desired bowl situation?

all sound pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Both are good choices, and close enough to draw well.
    I would love a UL Houston matchup in New Orleans. They have a good team and would travel very well to New Orleans.

These are all better alternatives than Tulane. We already played Tulane last year and would gain little with them in a bowl atmosphere. Plus we would be second L'd to death. I think if another bowl would come in an promised to market us as Louisiana, then we use it as leverage and get NO bowl to put Louisiana in the end zone amongst other things.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I would love a UL Houston matchup in New Orleans. They have a good team and would travel very well to New Orleans.
    Houston is no longer in CUSA. They are in the AAC.

FYI, the MAC champion alternates each year between Little Caesars and godaddy. The champ is headed to godaddy this year from what I understandof course if NIU makes a BCS bowl this is a moot point. NIU has a huge game Wednesday night against one loss Ball State (undefeated in the MAC).

correct me if im wrong but NIU is in the top 15 of the bcs pollsif they remain in the top 15 they will go to a bcs bowl.similar to there circumstances last season. with that said, why is NIU even being mentioned for mobile? Are we assuming that NIU will lose?

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    correct me if im wrong but NIU is in the top 15 of the bcs pollsif they remain in the top 15 they will go to a bcs bowl.similar to there circumstances last season. with that said, why is NIU even being mentioned for mobile? Are we assuming that NIU will lose?
    No, we are assuming that Fresno doesn't lose. Fresno is above NIU in the BCS.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    No, we are assuming that Fresno doesn't lose. Fresno is above NIU in the BCS.
    Also assuming that UCF or Louisville stays out of the top 16.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information