Thread: UL Alumnus Jody Green has NHL dreams

1. Default UL Alumnus Jody Green has NHL dreams

BILOXI --Despite growing up in the Deep South, Gulfport native Jody Green, 23, has amassed a great deal of professional hockey experience.

The Sea Wolves signed Green last Wednesday to serve as backup goalie, marking his third time with Mississippi. He's previously played with the Louisiana Ice Gators and the Peoria Rivermen of the AHL.

Green, who graduated on Dec. 15 from Louisiana-Lafayette with a bachelor of science in athletic training, began his hockey career during the Sea Wolves inaugural season in 1996, helping with equipment in the visiting clubhouse.

He began playing goalie competitively both on the ice and in in-line hockey at the Harrison County Skate Park that same year.

"I really enjoy being around the game," Green said. "I was able to learn a lot at an early age being around in the early years of the Sea Wolves."

After graduating from Gulfport High School in 2002, Green enrolled at Louisiana-Lafayette and began working for the Louisiana Ice Gators during that span.

Green served two years as the assistant equipment manager for Louisiana, becoming one of the youngest head equipment managers in professional hockey history at the the age of 20 during the 2004-05 campaign.

The rest of the story

By MIKE WOTEN
    mwoten@sunherald.com

Default Re: UL Alumnus Jody Green has NHL dreams

Shocker! I wonder if he wants to play for the Ice Gators. http://www.rolltide.com/sports/w-vol.en_jody00.html

Thread Information