Thread: Cajuns and Bobcats Now Bowl Eligible

1. Default Cajuns and Bobcats Now Bowl Eligible

Alonzo Harris rushed for 106 yards and five touchdowns in Louisiana's 49-35 Homecoming win over New Mexico State on Saturday night.

After Xavier Hall's 1-yard touchdown run gave New Mexico State (1-8) a 28-7 lead with 9:23 left in the first half, the Ragin' Cajuns rattled off 35-unanswered points, including four of Harris' five TDs, and took a 14-point lead just over four minutes into the fourth quarter.

Andrew McDonald, who completed 24 of 34 passes for 327 yards, threw his third touchdown pass of the day when he found Austin Franklin for a 7-yard score with 2:23 remaining, cutting the Louisiana (6-2, 3-0 Sun Belt Conference) lead to 42-35.

Harris, however, put the game on ice with his fifth touchdown, on a 30-yard run, about a minute and a half later. Franklin finished with 13 catches for 140 yards and two touchdowns.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Cajuns and Bobcats Now Bowl Eligible

The SBC may have six bowl eligible teams by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    The SBC may have six bowl eligible teams by the end of the season.
    And probably only one will sell their allotment of tickets.

#WeAreLouisiana

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    And probably only one will sell their allotment of tickets.

#WeAreLouisiana
    That depends. ASU sold their allotment last year, ULM did not, but only because most Warhawk fans bought better seats than the crappy ones the Indy Bowl gave them. If ASU gets a bowl that is reasonably close, they will sell their allotment; I expect TxSt would as well, since they actually have fans and have never been to a bowl. Same for USA.

True, thanks for the info. I am just in a cranky mood this morning from the long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    That depends. ASU sold their allotment last year, ULM did not, but only because most Warhawk fans bought better seats than the crappy ones the Indy Bowl gave them. If ASU gets a bowl that is reasonably close, they will sell their allotment; I expect TxSt would as well, since they actually have fans and have never been to a bowl. Same for USA.
    The seating arrangement for the Indy Bowl is not mentioned enough . we are definitely spoiled by our recent NO Bowl setup . the Indy Bowl would have to make MAJOR concessions to be in our bowl conversation.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    The seating arrangement for the Indy Bowl is not mentioned enough . we are definitely spoiled by our recent NO Bowl setup . the Indy Bowl would have to make MAJOR concessions to be in our bowl conversation.

Thanks for bringing it up.
    That's a good thing. I never want to go to Shreveport to watch a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    That's a good thing. I never want to go to Shreveport to watch a bowl game.
    The last five words of that were unnecessary.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

i think we will have several eligible, but not many will hit the elusive 7 plus mark that sunbelt teams need.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    i think we will have several eligible, but not many will hit the elusive 7 plus mark that sunbelt teams need.
    That's a good point. And even 7 (or 8) wins may not get a team in. It all depends.

Thread Information