Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FAU Wins NO Bowl!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: FAU Wins NO Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    We saw a different game. Since the quarterback for Memphis played for a D1-a team, wouldn't that make him a D1-a quarterback?
    Dude was a transfer from Southeastern Louisiana @ Hammond.

So? He played, last night, for Memphis. That makes him a D1-a quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    No way a 1AA qb was gonna beat FAU.
    Z
    Whoa! Be careful what you say there grasshopper! This statement is going to indict you more than FAU.

I thought the EXACT SAME THING, Cowboy! But was going to save it for later

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Up View Post
    Whoa! Be careful what you say there grasshopper! This statement is going to indict you more than FAU.
    Was FAU beaten by a 1AA team this year? I didnt recall that. Apologies if I missed that.

Z

I thought the EXACT SAME THING, Cowboy! But was going to save it for later
    Oh don't save it, c'monits a Christmas present from me to you.

Default as i ponder this

lets see, coming out of high school in mississippi where i hold passing records (over 8600 yds and over 70 td's) why would i go to southeastern vs somewhere else maybe i like to throw and hal mumme is there and he coached tim couch and he hints if i am good enough, i can start as a freshman and that we will throw so what the heck (starts his freshman and sophomore seasons and throws for 7,777 yards and 65 touchdowns)

i really don't know what the deal was -

although

He played, last night, for Memphis. That makes him a D1-a quarterback.
    enough said

Default Re: as i ponder this

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    lets see, coming out of high school in mississippi where i hold passing records (over 8600 yds and over 70 td's) why would i go to southeastern vs somewhere else maybe i like to throw and hal mumme is there and he coached tim couch and he hints if i am good enough, i can start as a freshman and that we will throw so what the heck (starts his freshman and sophomore seasonsand throws for 7,777 yards and 65 touchdowns in his two seasons)

though i really don't know what the deal was although

enough said
    Back with a vengeance!!! Good to hear from you! Merry Christmas.

Z

Default tee-hee

great tidings of comfort and joy comfort and joy!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ While FAU certainly deserves all the credit for this win, it sure looked like Memphis didn't want to be there. Lots of injuries, and NO spark whatsoever. _
    I never saw the lack of desire in Memphis. but the key injuries definitely put a damper in their ability to come back. If you think their defense looked weak. you witnessed what they've done most of the year.

Default Re: tee-hee

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ great tidings of comfort and joy comfort and joy! _
    Oh, bah! Humbug! tee-hee!

Merry Christmas, dawg!

Default Re: youth

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ They have many excuses for losing around here:
    1. Not enough money. Never mind programs with less beat us.
    2. LSU. Never mind that their success helps support our pathetic program.
    3. President Authement. He is gone but will still be used as an excuse for many years to come. Never mind the success of the late 80's and early 90's.
    4. Youth! As soon as we are losing a cult fan will come on here and tell you it is youth! We will be better next year just wait.
    5. We can't make students pay for sports. well that has changed now also. We just need to win. As Al Davis said just win Baby!

As for me after 25 years of supporting this pathetic program. You got to show me something mister before I come back. If not you are supporting more of the same. Pay for crap and that is what you get. _

The same old song over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, again.

Why don't you put on a new record in 2008? The old one is stuck in a groove and the song isn't getting anywhere. And quit threatening to sue people who are so tired of hearing it that you provoke them to anger.

How about scheduling a meeting with the UL athletic director and lay all your cards on the table? Then he, in turn, can lay his cards on the table and maybe between the two of you the stalemate can be broken. Perhaps this can be accomplished via phone or email. Come back and show us where you have reached common ground and how you two have decided to work on the other areas and I can promise you that quality discussion will follow. All people are interested in here is UL athletics and how to make it better. From what I read your position is that it must get better on its own as a precondition of further participation and a message board comprised largely of supporters thinks that's unrealistic. Am I misreading the post I quoted above?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I never saw the lack of desire in Memphis. but the key injuries definitely put a damper in their ability to come back. If you think their defense looked weak. you witnessed what they've done most of the year.
    I figure after A stAte, MT, and FAU, Memphis State hopes they are done with the Sunbelt for a while.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Was FAU beaten by a 1AA team this year? I didnt recall that. Apologies if I missed that.
    Z
    My apologies to you Z. I was just trying to make the correlation on 1-AA QB's and got my semantics all wrong. BTW, Merry Christmas to you Z, and may Santa not bring any more "1-AA" QB's to Cajun Field. You guys just don't need all that extra aggravation!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Up View Post
    My apologies to you Z. I was just trying to make the correlation on 1-AA QB's and got my semantics all wrong. BTW, Merry Christmas to you Z, and may Santa not bring any more "1-AA" QB's to Cajun Field. You guys just don't need all that extra aggravation!
    LOL!! We all know he's a 1A qb!!!!

Z

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information