Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FAU Wins NO Bowl!

1. Default Re: youth

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Pay for crap and that is what you get. _
    Capitalism stinks sometimes.

Default Re: youth

As for me after 25 years of supporting this pathetic program. You got to show me something mister before I come back. If not you are supporting more of the same. Pay for crap and that is what you get. _
    See ya!!!

signed,
    Cult Member

As for me after 25 years of supporting this pathetic program. You got to show me something mister before I come back. If not you are supporting more of the same. Pay for crap and that is what you get.

Then go away. Put on the Purple and gold, and talk about how you've "always" been a fan of the tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ See ya!!!

signed,
    Cult Member _
    I support this post.

Co-signed,

Brock Meaux
    Sublevel 3 Grand Poobah of the Cult,
    Bowl Championship Subdivision Series

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

RC90,

I suppose you've talked to all of the guys in charge to tell them of your displeasure??? Have you called Walker? Farmer? Bustle?

Or would you rather just _____ about what they haven't been able to provide for you? Is it easier to _____ about things than it is to try to do something to help?

Go ahead and leave, it won't hurt any of us, unless someone enjoys all of your negative, repetitive posts. But you will be the one that will return one day to jump on the wagon. And when you do, you will proclaim that you've always been a cajun fan, and that you fought through the baldwin years, and through the youthy bustle years, and all of that stuff. Not because you love the Cajuns as much as you just want to be a part of a winner. You'll come back with your chest out, walking around gloriously like you think you were owed the success they will have. But as you do walk around that stadium, and you see guys like me, the 'cult' guys, and all the other fans that filled the stadium for that final game against ULM, and you see how much we're enjoying it, you'll wish you had that feeling too. You'll put on the front that you've hurt as much as much as everyone else, and others may see you and think that you're just a great, die-hard fan. But deep down in your heart and soul, you'll regret that you didn't stick around through the tough times to become part of the solution and not be part of the problem. Deep down, you'll try so hard to feel what we feel, but you won't, and you'll be sick with yourself because of it.

If you'd like, there's one last thing you can do before you go.you can thank us in advance for efforting to move this department forward to a place its never been, so that one day you can come back and bask in the shining sun that is Ragin Cajun Athletics.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

6. UL Football Re: FAU Wins NO Bowl!

NEW ORLEANS - Memphis could have used some words of advice from Conference USA partner Rice - beware of hot Sun Belt Conference quarterbacks.

Troy's Omar Haugabook bedeviled Rice for five touchdowns in last year's R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, leading the Trojans to a 41-14 victory.

Friday night, it was Rusty Smith's turn, and he personally penned the final chapter of Florida Atlantic's storybook season on the turf of the Louisiana Superdome.

Smith threw a bowl-record five touchdown passes at the Tigers, and the quickest program in history to qualify for a bowl also became the quickest to win one as the Owls posted a 44-27 victory over Memphis.

Smith threw to five different receivers for scores, matching the five TDs he threw for against Minnesota earlier in the season, and accounted for a bowl-record 336 passing yards on 25-of-32 completions. He was an easy choice as the game's Most Valuable Player.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: FAU Wins NO Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    RC90,

I suppose you've talked to all of the guys in charge to tell them of your displeasure??? Have you called Walker? Farmer? Bustle?

Or would you rather just _____ about what they haven't been able to provide for you? Is it easier to _____ about things than it is to try to do something to help?

Go ahead and leave, it won't hurt any of us, unless someone enjoys all of your negative, repetitive posts. But you will be the one that will return one day to jump on the wagon. And when you do, you will proclaim that you've always been a cajun fan, and that you fought through the baldwin years, and through the youthy bustle years, and all of that stuff. Not because you love the Cajuns as much as you just want to be a part of a winner. You'll come back with your chest out, walking around gloriously like you think you were owed the success they will have. But as you do walk around that stadium, and you see guys like me, the 'cult' guys, and all the other fans that filled the stadium for that final game against ULM, and you see how much we're enjoying it, you'll wish you had that feeling too. You'll put on the front that you've hurt as much as much as everyone else, and others may see you and think that you're just a great, die-hard fan. But deep down in your heart and soul, you'll regret that you didn't stick around through the tough times to become part of the solution and not be part of the problem. Deep down, you'll try so hard to feel what we feel, but you won't, and you'll be sick with yourself because of it.

If you'd like, there's one last thing you can do before you go.you can thank us in advance for efforting to move this department forward to a place its never been, so that one day you can come back and bask in the shining sun that is Ragin Cajun Athletics.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Die hard has died. You can call me a fair weather fan. That's what I am now. I use to believe but now I don't know. The university doesn't seem very serious about football. If they don't care very much you will not be successful ever. Win and I will be back. If not I will find others things to do.
    I will not be wearing purple and gold. It gives me a rash. I will simply not watch football. I leave this board periodically because it is so damn depressing. Same old stuff nothing changes. FAU has done in two years what we can't in a decade. Sure they are in major metro area and they had enough money to hire a named old coach that appears to have a few more years of turning young men into a success. Perhaps we can't do that now. Perhaps Bustle will do it next year but then again maybe not. Show us something and the fan base will be back. If not we will mow our lawns and take our kids to other sporting events.

You have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ RC90,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year _
    I second that.

UL Football Re: FAU Wins NO Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    _ FAU looked very good tonight! SunBelt deserves more respect than what it's getting.Troy should be playing somewhere no doubt! _
    You bet! What would the local masses say if it were us sitting out with an 8-4 record? Oh, the pain!

Thanks again Wright!

_ Die hard has died. You can call me a fair weather fan. That's what I am now. I use to believe but now I don't know. The university doesn't seem very serious about football. If they don't care very much you will not be successful ever. Win and I will be back. If not I will find others things to do.
    I will not be wearing purple and gold. It gives me a rash. I will simply not watch football. I leave this board periodically because it is so damn depressing. Same old stuff nothing changes. FAU has done in two years what we can't in a decade. Sure they are in major metro area and they had enough money to hire a named old coach that appears to have a few more years of turning young men into a success. Perhaps we can't do that now. Perhaps Bustle will do it next year but then again maybe not. Show us something and the fan base will be back. If not we will mow our lawns and take our kids to other sporting events.

You have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too. _
    Unfortunately, RC90 represents a great majority of our fan base perceptions. We must stop with all the smoke and mirrors, while "YOUNG" teams like FAU win and go to bowls. Congrats to FAU!

While FAU certainly deserves all the credit for this win, it sure looked like Memphis didn't want to be there. Lots of injuries, and NO spark whatsoever.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    While FAU certainly deserves all the credit for this win, it sure looked like Memphis didn't want to be there. Lots of injuries, and NO spark whatsoever.
    No, it looked like a CUSA team that had gotten its sss whipped by every Sunbelt team its played this year. No way a 1AA qb was gonna beat FAU.

Z

We saw a different game. Since the quarterback for Memphis played for a D1-a team, wouldn't that make him a D1-a quarterback?

Congrats to those guys The SBC is getting stronger which is great news.FAU Troy. N. Texas having a great recruiting year. We need to step it up NOW Coach. We need to get to that #$# bowl soon. Its time WE have some fun

UL Football Re: youth

_ They have many excuses for losing around here:
    1. Not enough money. Never mind programs with less beat us.
    2. LSU. Never mind that their success helps support our pathetic program.
    3. President Authement. He is gone but will still be used as an excuse for many years to come. Never mind the success of the late 80's and early 90's.
    4. Youth! As soon as we are losing a cult fan will come on here and tell you it is youth! We will be better next year just wait.
    5. We can't make students pay for sports. well that has changed now also. We just need to win. As Al Davis said just win Baby!

As for me after 25 years of supporting this pathetic program. You got to show me something mister before I come back. If not you are supporting more of the same. Pay for crap and that is what you get. _
    Dude you actually have to support before your lack of support is missed.
    Like I told you a long time ago, you ain't in the foxhole so nobody respects you. Try getting in the foxhole, or be a mule pulling the wagon and then your cries of anguish will be better tolerated.

So far your idea of support is to wish things were better, and being p i $$ed off at others for not doing enough. I was wondering where you were lately but just realized that you must have been with the protesters in New Orleans. You know the ones? The ones who want everybody else to provide them with a nice warm apartment.

Since you now have alienated almost everybody here and Delphi perhaps you might wonder why. Could it not be you? No that could not be the case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information