Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Reservations

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    This will be my first Nola Bowl staying at the marriott, what are the negatives and positives about staying there
    If you plan to spend equal time at Champions Square and the Quarter, Marriott is a good choice. All of the team/alumni activies are there. It is festive and you will have a lot of opportunities to visit with players, coaches, administrators, etc. The only con is that it is crowded and everything takes longer, especially if you are trying to leave the morning after. I recommend staying an extra night, which is what we are doing. If you want to be close to the team hotel but not in it, consider the JW Marriott. It is across Canal and a block or two down from the 555 Marriott.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Hotel Reservations

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    I need to arrange a New Orleans cigar smoking session with Hammer and Z.
    We can make it happen.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    I need to arrange a New Orleans cigar smoking session with Hammer and Z.
    Look forward to it. But why wait for the Bowl? Come by the Eauxk before Monroe contest and imbibe.

We have a cigar smoking session before and after every game at the PBA tent.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Will be my third time at the Hyatt. Hard to beat being next door to the Dome!
    Same here. Can't beat the Hyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    When will we get the offer? Didn't it come way before the last game of the year in 2012? The talk on WWL radio is that the Wave is a sure lock for the bowl.
    Maybe they will announce it at the ULM game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    If you plan to spend equal time at Champions Square and the Quarter, Marriott is a good choice. All of the team/alumni activies are there. It is festive and you will have a lot of opportunities to visit with players, coaches, administrators, etc. The only con is that it is crowded and everything takes longer, especially if you are trying to leave the morning after. I recommend staying an extra night, which is what we are doing. If you want to be close to the team hotel but not in it, consider the JW Marriott. It is across Canal and a block or two down from the 555 Marriott.

This is good information. We stayed at the Hilton Riverside 2 yrs ago. Very nice, self parking at hotel, but just a little too far for us. Last year we stayed at the Marriott with the team. Great party atmosphere, lot of action and fans, but we got there Friday afternoon and it took about an hour and a half to park, plus a long wait on Sunday for the vehicle also. We will be trying the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon this year. It's highly rated, beautiful, and smack in the middle of the craziness. There are so many options in N.O. that it's fun to try different places. Please, do not send us to the "Go Daddy"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Glad the surgery went well. I bet she is
    really looking forward to going back. My wife spent the first one in the hotel with flu and was ____ed. Glad she got a do-over last year, and she has already booked the Marriott again this year. She might lose interest if we end up at Godaddy, so I hope it is NO.
    Thanks for the thought.

Yeah , she's geeked about being able to act "normal" this year.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Thanks for the thought.

Yeah , she's geeked about being able to act "normal" this year.
    Shoot man, your lovely wife was normal after her surgery last year You were the one we were worried about. LOL!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Shoot man, your lovely wife was normal after her surgery last year You were the one we were worried about. LOL!!

Z
    She-Monkee says thanks.

The Hawk and friends will be nesting at the Astor Crowne Plaza this year.

we loved astor crown corner bourbon and canal less than a block from team hotel also stayed intercontinental last year nice hotel quieter than yhe others

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    This is good information. We stayed at the Hilton Riverside 2 yrs ago. Very nice, self parking at hotel, but just a little too far for us. Last year we stayed at the Marriott with the team. Great party atmosphere, lot of action and fans, but we got there Friday afternoon and it took about an hour and a half to park, plus a long wait on Sunday for the vehicle also. We will be trying the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon this year. It's highly rated, beautiful, and smack in the middle of the craziness. There are so many options in N.O. that it's fun to try different places. Please, do not send us to the "Go Daddy"!!!
    WoW that's the exact same Hotels we stayed and reservations for the Royal Sonesta - see ya on Bourbon this year!

Delays and hassles seem to be a universal part of the experience. I think the critical decision to make up front is French Quarter or Champions Square. We only went to the dome on gameday. The rest of our time was spent at the team hotel and in the quarter. That's what we like. Sounds like others really enjoy the concerts and stuff around the dome. Stay close to your brand of fun to keep the logistics easy.

I find if you sleep in all day on Sunday and just leave on Monday there are no lines. Now that is just me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information