Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Reservations

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    This will be my first Nola Bowl staying at the marriott, what are the negatives and positives about staying there
    All of the UL decorations in the lobby is cool!
    Cheering the team on as the come down the elevator and load up on the bus is cool!

Waiting for your car for 1-1/2 hours hungover Sunday morning is UNcool

Default Re: Hotel Reservations

That why I'm gonna park at a friends place and have her drop us off. Another option would be Harrah's if u are lucky enough to get a spot.

One reason I like staying at the Sheraton is the convenience of parking. It's pretty efficient. Last year at the Astor we had to take a shuttle to an off-site parking garage. That's kind of a hassle. Does the Marriott have parking at the hotel?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Will be my third time at the Hyatt. Hard to beat being next door to the Dome!
    Ha, you're in luck! Hammer, myself and our bosses are at the Hyatt too. You might have to meet us in the bar so we can buy you mass quantities of alcohol.

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    Great Minds Think Alike.
    now, it might just get ugly.

Z

UL Football Re: Hotel Reservations

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    This will be my first Nola Bowl staying at the marriott, what are the negatives and positives about staying there
    Wanted to reply last night, but was hard to type all this on phone.

I've stayed at the Marriott the past two years, the cons are why we are staying at the Sheraton across the street. It'll be easy access to the Marriott for team events, parties, 2nd line parade, etc.

Pros:
    • UL team is there.
    • TONS of excitment in the air
    • Band, cheerleaders, etc all stay there
    • Marriott has two towers, every year we have put "GEAUX CAJUNS" signs in our window toward the other tower, and gradually throughout the weekend more and more keep showing up. Not huge deal, but it is cool.
    • Lobby is decked out in Ragin' Cajun decorations EVERYWHERE!
    • 2nd line down Bourbon starts from here
    • TONS of other Cajun fans!

Cons:
    • For every event, 2nd line, pep rally party, team arriving from practice, team leaving for practice, etc. the elevator lines are just HORRIBLE! It can take 20-30 minutes just to get back to your room sometimes.
    • Lobby is always packed with UL people, and is super loud.
    • We were on a floor with some of the band members last year, it was kinda loud at night.
    • We have always checked in on Wed or Thurs, but for the people that all show up right after work on Friday.the valet car line is block or two down Canal Street, and has taken some of our other family members 45-90 minutes to just drive up to the hotel.
    • On Sunday, EVERYONE is leaving at the same exact time! Valet lines are just as bad. In the past we have checked our bags up front, gone to lunch walked around NOLA, then leave early afternoon.

Bowl rate rooms at Marriott on Friday are sold out. Saturday still has rooms though. Glad I got my rooms on Tuesday. Either they didnt have many rooms for Friday to begin with or everyone is staying Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    canceled my sheraton resv and got marriot for 99.00. geaux cajuns!
    Called Marriot yesterday and they told me they only had the NOB open for Friday, not for Saturday. Booked at the Hilton Garden Inn in the CBD.

I need to make reservations in Mobile just in case. Where are most staying at?
    http://godaddybowl.com/preferred-hotels/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Wanted to reply last night, but was hard to type all this on phone.

I've stayed at the Marriott the past two years, the cons are why we are staying at the Sheraton across the street. It'll be easy access to the Marriott for team events, parties, 2nd line parade, etc.

Pros:
    • UL team is there.
    • TONS of excitment in the air
    • Band, cheerleaders, etc all stay there
    • Marriott has two towers, every year we have put "GEAUX CAJUNS" signs in our window toward the other tower, and gradually throughout the weekend more and more keep showing up. Not huge deal, but it is cool.
    • Lobby is decked out in Ragin' Cajun decorations EVERYWHERE!
    • 2nd line down Bourbon starts from here
    • TONS of other Cajun fans!

Cons:
    • For every event, 2nd line, pep rally party, team arriving from practice, team leaving for practice, etc. the elevator lines are just HORRIBLE! It can take 20-30 minutes just to get back to your room sometimes.
    • Lobby is always packed with UL people, and is super loud.
    • We were on a floor with some of the band members last year, it was kinda loud at night.
    • We have always checked in on Wed or Thurs, but for the people that all show up right after work on Friday.the valet car line is block or two down Canal Street, and has taken some of our other family members 45-90 minutes to just drive up to the hotel.
    • On Sunday, EVERYONE is leaving at the same exact time! Valet lines are just as bad. In the past we have checked our bags up front, gone to lunch walked around NOLA, then leave early afternoon.
    Hate to break this to you but we stayed at Sheraton last year and it has just about all of the same cons you listed. It's just the way it is with crowds for a big event.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Hate to break this to you but we stayed at Sheraton last year and it has just about all of the same cons you listed. It's just the way it is with crowds for a big event.
    Tks for the news. Not that big a deal, I'm still across the street.

12. Default Re: Hotel Reservations

I need to arrange a New Orleans cigar smoking session with Hammer and Z.

When will we get the offer? Didn't it come way before the last game of the year in 2012? The talk on WWL radio is that the Wave is a sure lock for the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Six rooms at the Intercontinental.

Wife gets to drink this year. She was a month post-op brain surgery last year. She was a trooper.

Intercontinental direct.
    504-525-5566
    Must ask for in house reservations and mention NOLA bowl.
    Glad the surgery went well. I bet she is
    really looking forward to going back. My wife spent the first one in the hotel with flu and was ____ed. Glad she got a do-over last year, and she has already booked the Marriott again this year. She might lose interest if we end up at Godaddy, so I hope it is NO.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    When will we get the offer? Didn't it come way before the last game of the year in 2012? The talk on WWL radio is that the Wave is a sure lock for the bowl.
    I'd love to see us get the invite after beating ULM-Monroe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information