Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Reservations

Default Re: Hotel Reservations

Went to book my rooms but a bunch of the Hotels have a NO Cancelation policy, better hope we don't get a bigger bowl.

JW Marriot.

Marriott said we can cancel 2 days before arrival,

4. Default Re: Hotel Reservations

72 hour deal at the 555 Marriott!!! I can remember stories of when LSU would go back to Omaha for the CWS and people looked forward to it---That had to be a treat for them---WELL I think that this is growing into the same thing for the Cajuns as stories of bar rooms and restaurants attended grow---I wish there could be a way where we could say meet with the team a couple of days before and cook for them like we do for the pre season scrimmage!!! Anyway I am looking forward to the Bourbon Street stroll/Parade with the band, walking in the quarter, the parties inside the hotel, having NO friends come join the Cajun crowd (they can't believe the numbers etc), and this year maybe playing the fight song and Cajun Roll on at Pat O'Briens (Have done that a few times)---Also it is great to see the band members getting some free time and really enjoying themselves----I had mentioned on the LAMON board the value of the NO BOWL for recruiting----H-U-G-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you speak to someone at the actual hotel in New Orleans, not a reservation agent for the hotel chain somewhere in India

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Make sure you speak to someone at the actual hotel in New Orleans, not a reservation agent for the hotel chain somewhere in India
    This is true.national chain people will screw you.local people want your sweet cash.

If you use the online link for InterContinental from the NolaBowl website, you don't have to deal with anyone but the keyboard and the rates are locked in. And it also states that as long you don't cancel within 72 hours of the event then you won't have cancelation fees.

Six rooms at the Intercontinental.

Wife gets to drink this year. She was a month post-op brain surgery last year. She was a trooper.

Intercontinental direct.
    504-525-5566
    Must ask for in house reservations and mention NOLA bowl.

canceled my sheraton resv and got marriot for 99.00. geaux cajuns!

This will be my first Nola Bowl staying at the marriott, what are the negatives and positives about staying there

Will be my third time at the Hyatt. Hard to beat being next door to the Dome!

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    This will be my first Nola Bowl staying at the marriott, what are the negatives and positives about staying there
    The only "negative" for me it's not the Hyatt, next to the dome. Like the really short walk to Champions Square & Dome. We will usually cab over & back to the Marriott / Quarter to attend functions / parade. Otherwise I can't think of others negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    The 2 to 3 hours waiting to get a car out of valet could be a problem on Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Will be my third time at the Hyatt. Hard to beat being next door to the Dome!
    Great Minds Think Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    The 2 to 3 hours waiting to get a car out of valet could be a problem on Sunday morning.
    Same at Hyatt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information