Page 207 of 222 FirstFirst . 197 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 217 . LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Five questions for defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    _ i'll be honest, your defense is going to have its hands full. our offense is the best in the conference and we aren't used to being slowed down. Jerrell Jernigan (#3) is going to be an all-pro one day. he was a freshman last year, this season he has really taken the next step in his play. also, watch out for Kenard Burton (#9). he compliments Jernigan well, giving Levi a second option when defenses concentrate on Jerrell. Mykel Terry (#81) is the third man to be weary of. he is our deep threat. short but fast with great hands, he has getting behind secondaries all year. then there's DuJuan Harris (#32). Harris won two gold medals in national highschool track. he has blazing speed and is strong enough to truck a linebacker if needed. he has been the driving force in our running game and could start at any SEC school.

just some info on our offense. i know your offense is quite the juggernaut as well, so i think this is going to be a high-scoring game.

enjoy your trip to TROY. if you're looking for a good place to eat before or after the game, i'd reccommend either The Locker Room of Buffalo Jack's. both are on 231 so they're easy to find.

God Bless,
    TDC _
    A healthy Cajuns team going against a healthy Troy team and I think the Cajuns would win 7 out of 10. With that being said, we are not anywhere close to being healthy, I do not think many Cajuns fans expect a vitory this weekend. We are hopeful we can pull off an upset, because it would be at this point, but not expecting it. If we play well it should be a great game.

Default Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Thank goodness some of you are not the head coach. Not starting Des in this game would be a bad move and a slap in the face to a hard-nosed QB that has given his all for this program. I am not against Mcguire getting playing time, but Des is the reason we are even thinking about a bowl game. Let Des start and see how it goes. If he cannot get it done we all know he will pull himself out for the good of the team. _
    I don't think brad should start either, but IF HE IS IN THE GAME, let him throw it down field. I have been to every single game this year, home and away, and we rarely throw it deeper than 15 yards. Brad has a strong arm, let him use it. Teams are stacking the box because they know we can't throw, so why not try a deep ball every couple of series???

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Teams are stacking the box because they know we can't throw, so why not try a deep ball every couple of series??? _
    If I had to guess the reason, it's because those type of plays aren't going well in practice. Not saying McG or Dez lack the ability, but the coaches are aware of their limitations. The bomb may be one of those weaknesses.

Also, when someone says "that guy's got an arm," it can mean multiple things. Velocity, range, accuracy are sometimes all bunched into the phrase "has an arm." From what I've seen, it looks like McG has some great velocity, but maybe not the range.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ If I had to guess the reason, it's because those type of plays aren't going well in practice. Not saying McG or Dez lack the ability, but the coaches are aware of their limitations. The bomb may be one of those weaknesses _
    Thats all they run at practice. 1st 15 plays of scout practice on every thursday is nothing but deep routes and we never run them

I need to correct myself. Thats not all they run, but they practice throwing the long ball quite often throughout the week

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    _ Excuse me, have we forgotten DEFENSE! ? Twenty eight points is enough to win a ball game! It's not the offense that is the problem, it's the D E F E N S E!

It's not the quarterback, it's the D E F E N S E, especially pass defense! Linebacker defense. IT's the D E F E N S E ,,,, nothing more D E F E N S E. _
    Granted we had some 2nd stringers in the game against FAU as well, but they had their entire 2nd team defense in the 4th quarter. Which is when all of our points came.

UL Football Re: Weather for Troy Game

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Forecast (2nd link) is now saying about 40 degrees around kickoff, and about 29 degrees by the time the game endsbring lots of warm clothes, and blankets too! If we all huddle together we can probably fit 40,000 if their stadium. At least the winds will be non-existent at a whopping 1MPH. I'll still be FREAKIN' COLD!!!!

Default Re: Weather for Troy Game

Best way to stay warm at the game?

BE LOUD! STAND UP! WEAR RED!

FOR THE ENTIRE 60 MINUTES!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Best way to stay warm at the game?

BE LOUD! STAND UP! WEAR RED!

FOR THE ENTIRE 60 MINUTES!
    You want fans to wear red for the entire 60 minutes? Now THAT'S dedication!

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ You want fans to wear red for the entire 60 minutes? Now THAT'S dedication!

igeaux.mobi _
    That's a long time to wear red.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ That's a long time to wear red. _
    I wore red at work today. I couldn't keep up the intensity and changed to yellow when I got home. Tommorrow I will have my game face on and wear red all day!!!!!

Make sure every one brings cold weather gear. We are expecting a hard freeze in the panhandle tonight & I'm sure its not going to be much warmer tomorrow night

Well, this is a first. I'm about to leave to tailgate, it's 26 degrees outside, the Comfort Inn's flags are flapping, and best yet, I don't have a jacket. Worse yet, Alabamans are un-American.I couldn't by alcohol at the Walmart down the street. I have no idea where I'm going to find some liquid warmth.

14. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns chasing the ring at Troy

Every so often, a game comes up on the schedule late in the regular season that determines a conference championship.

For UL's football team, Saturday's 6 p.m. meeting at Troy is one of those games. The winner between the Cajuns (5-5 overall, 4-1 Sun Belt) and Trojans (6-4, 4-1) will earn at least a share of the league title.

"This is a ring game," said Kevin Fouquier, UL's defensive coordinator. "You always hear people say 'Don't put all your eggs in one basket.'

"Well, here's the basket to put it in."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 22, 2008

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ Well, this is a first. I'm about to leave to tailgate, it's 26 degrees outside, the Comfort Inn's flags are flapping, and best yet, I don't have a jacket. Worse yet, Alabamans are un-American.I couldn't by alcohol at the Walmart down the street. I have no idea where I'm going to find some liquid warmth. _
    Wait a minute.

Cold out. knew that. didn't bring a jacket?
    Alabama un-American. knew that. didn't BYOL?

When the Cajuns stomp your men of Troy. the liquid warmth will be running down your leg. Geaux Cajuns!!!

Thread Information