Page 201 of 222 FirstFirst . 191 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 211 . LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Who is backing the Linebackers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Dude, your making excuses.

Z _
    I hate excuses, especially the "we are young" drivel. But in this case I feel it is warranted. No team could survive that many injuries and departures at one position. The guys we are playing right now are not everydown D1A players. That is part of the reason they are getting hurt at an alarming rate.

I expect this team to give it its all, but we will have to play a perfect game to prevail on Saturday. Lets hope this team has a miricle up its sleeve.

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns eye key Sun Belt game with Troy

Lets seethe Trojans have 1 conf loss and the cajuns have none. Is the tiebreaker the head to head advantage or overall record?

Anyhow, this is a huge matchup in the SBC.

Good luck Cajuns, y'all might get 'em after an emotional letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I hate excuses, especially the "we are young" drivel. But in this case I feel it is warranted. No team could survive that many injuries and departures at one position. The guys we are playing right now are not everydown D1A players. That is part of the reason they are getting hurt at an alarming rate.

I expect this team to give it its all, but we will have to play a perfect game to prevail on Saturday. Lets hope this team has a miricle up its sleeve. _

Maybe Burkhaulter is ready to come back. I think he still has 3 chances left on the "Southall Scale".

4. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Obviously, technically, my comment about attendance was inaccurate. Tech, for where it is, who it is, how large it is, the funding within its grasp, has capitalized athleticially on available resourses substantially larger than UL. Tech people, like other state schools and their following simply believe that, athletically, UL is just in the mix with the rest of the state (excluding LSU), hitting more lows than highs. What isn't clear to everyone is that UL hasn't simply been handcuffed by the state, like everyone else. UL has handcuffed itself, athletically, for the past 35 years. Most, even within our own fan confines, accept what they see, and either have a good time with it, or don't participate (this is the group we have that no one else comes even close). It is our vast dormant alumni and fans who don't even know they are fans yet, that we have, and others could only hope for.

In reality, "potential" and 75 cents might get you a cup of coffee. I have a hard time convincing people internally, when they haggle with fans of other schools, that we are not even close to deploying our own resources. No one has ever taken the helm and led this gig properly. Tech cannot say that. I have been there and seen it. Tech may have had a disappointing administration here and there. but they have never remained in the lowest sector of their own athletic potential. and just made a party of it. We have. but improvement is coming.

I still believe that UL's worst attendance "ought" to be comparable to Tech's best. As for the "you will never beat us again" statement. take that to Dooley and let it operate on him. He's arrogant, and you guys are getting the uptick of what arrogance brings. I want to show you the downside. Get Dooley to revive the Tech rivalry if you can. I say you cannot and he will not. And by the way, "separation" and 75 cents might get you a second cup of coffee.
    Good luck to you and yours.
    Geaux Cajuns! _
    I agree that the Cajuns have plenty of untapped potential. I am concerned that y'all have been unable to tap it though in so long. Tech had bad administration for about a decade and has hopefully corrected the problem. If the Cajuns have had bad admins for 35 years then that is atrocious and the fans have to share some of the blame.

I have no idea whether or not Dooley plans on playing y'all in football. I know we have signed home-home deals with Army, Navy, MSU, and Southern Miss. We still have a lot of old contractual obligations to fill. The 09 schedule is set.

ULM is also chomping at the bit to play us but I think the Cajuns are ahead in that line.

I personally would enjoy the game.

5. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ No Z there is not a thread about your name issue on the BBB board however we still refer to you as UL on there. One of the things I think also hurts our attendance in football is the damn quarter system. Our students are never in school during some of our biggest games. They were not in attendance for the Utah State game and most won't be back for the Nevada game. Students don't stay in Ruston when there isn't school. Not much to do there when school is out. _
    Actually I think there is one.RealityCheck posted the rule from the ULS bylaws where it specifically outlaws calling any ULS school by the name "UL" or "University of Louisiana. It says they must use "UL-City" and must be abreviated as such.

However, I think that may just be lip service to Baton Rouge since it isn't being enforced.

But everybody has to understand that other in-state schools will always mock the Cajuns for their name.and other ULS schools will always mock Tech for the infamous "separation."

I'm guilty of this kind of talk as well, but whatdaya say we pick our heads up off the ground, find a way to gut out a win against Troy (they aren't better than stAte, are they?) and celebrate a gimpy-legged conference championship??? Whadaya say? Who's in???

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I hate excuses, especially the "we are young" drivel. But in this case I feel it is warranted. No team could survive that many injuries and departures at one position. The guys we are playing right now are not everydown D1A players. That is part of the reason they are getting hurt at an alarming rate.

I expect this team to give it its all, but we will have to play a perfect game to prevail on Saturday. Lets hope this team has a miricle up its sleeve. _
    I had posted something, but it wasnt worth it to leave it up. Just suffice it to say, I agree with you.

Z

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns eye key Sun Belt game with Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    _ Lets seethe Trojans have 1 conf loss and the cajuns have none. Is the tiebreaker the head to head advantage or overall record?

Anyhow, this is a huge matchup in the SBC.

Good luck Cajuns, y'all might get 'em after an emotional letdown. _
    Almost.

Troy 4-1 6-4
    Louisiana-Lafayette 4-1 5-5
    Florida Atlantic 3-2 5-5
    Florida International 3-2 4-5
    Arkansas State 2-2 4-5
    OUT-Middle Tennessee State 2-3 4-6
    OUT-Louisiana-Monroe 2-4 3-8
    OUT-North Texas 0-5 1-9

Any team that gets to 3 conf losses is OUT

UL win AND ASU win over FAU:
    1. Cajuns win SBC.

UL win AND FAU win over ASU. Carries over to next week where:
    1. Win over MT. UL wins SBC
    OR
    2. FAU loss to FIU. UL wins SBC

If we lose to Troy, then all kinds of garbage needs to happen but we would get at most a 3 way tie.

I think

GEAUX CAJUNS and WOLFIES!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    _ Actually I think there is one.RealityCheck posted the rule from the ULS bylaws where it specifically outlaws calling any ULS school by the name "UL" or "University of Louisiana. It says they must use "UL-City" and must be abreviated as such.

However, I think that may just be lip service to Baton Rouge since it isn't being enforced.

But everybody has to understand that other in-state schools will always mock the Cajuns for their name.and other ULS schools will always mock Tech for the infamous "separation." _
    Sorry Ken, but official university documents must use the directional, but we can call ourselves whatever we want. We go by "UL" or "University of Louisiana". You get by with calling yourselves "Tech" all the time, and no one argues with you that it is not "Tech", not "LaTech", but "Louisiana Tech University". You don't put "Tech" on your official documents either. I've used this analogy, but if I call myself by my abbreviated middle name, no one seems to care. If I have to sign something official, I spell it out. What is so difficult about that?

PS We figure out who is truly neutral and "doesn't care" pretty quick when we ask to be called "UL". I personally get a kick out of it. The monkeys fall out of the trees trying to tell us about the stupid "official docs" like they authored them themselves.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Sorry Ken, but official university documents must use the directional, but we can call ourselves whatever we want. We go by "UL" or "University of Louisiana". You get by with calling yourselves "Tech" all the time, and no one argues with you that it is not "Tech", not "LaTech", but "Louisiana Tech University". You don't put "Tech" on your official documents either. I've used this analogy, but if I call myself by my abbreviated middle name, no one seems to care. If I have to sign something official, I spell it out. What is so difficult about that?

PS We figure out who is truly neutral and "doesn't care" pretty quick when we ask to be called "UL". I personally get a kick out of it. The monkeys fall out of the trees trying to tell us about the stupid "official docs" like they authored them themselves. _
    Old Reality Check is a pistol. He fancies himself an all knowing, all seeing mystery man, standing at the ready like all the other name policeat a moments notice, ready to pull out the UL system rule of law. In "reality" he's just a guy just like you and me. cept we are fans of "The University of Louisiana"

Z

p.s. did you see the screams after the UL/Tech baseball game @ Ruston? The scoreboard said UL.

11. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns Battle Troy Saturday

UL - Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns head to Troy, Ala., Saturday to face the Trojans of Troy University. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m., in a game that features the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the Sun Belt Conference.

The winner will be in great shape to capture the conference crown. In fact, the winner will finish no worse than a tie for first place in the conference.

UL remains just one win away from bowl eligibility. With the expansion of bowl tie-ins with the Sun Belt Conference, UL has the ability to go to one of four different bowl games ranging in location from Shreveport, La. to St. Petersburg, Fla.

The Cajuns offense rushed for 228 yards against FAU. It was the seventh time this year that the Cajuns had over 200 yards of rushing. The 2008 team continued its attack on the UL record books when the team broke the single season touchdown rushing record against FAU. The team has 48 touchdowns on the season, breaking the previous record of 46 in 2005.

Senior star running back Tyrell Fenroy had 92 yards rushing and a touchdown against FAU. It was the eighth straight game and ninth overall which saw Fenroy score a rushing touchdown.

Louisiana’s special teams blocked two kicks against FAU. It was the 33rd and 34th blocked kick since Rickey Bustle arrived in 2002. The 34 blocked kicks are the tied for third most in NCAA FBS since 2002.

Following the game against Troy, UL will return home for the season finale Wednesday Dec. 3, against Middle Tennessee. The game against Middle Tennessee will kick off at 6 p.m. and be televised on ESPN+.

RaginCajuns.com

UL Football Troy: Time to Focus on the Cajuns

Gotta read thisTroy fans will be at this game! We must get our tickets early this week and do our part too!!!!!!!

http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArtic.ATCLID=1627277

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Troy: Time to Focus on the Cajuns

Not sure I like the quote at the end."Someone has to pay"

That scares me.

Bustle and the team needs to read this, and know how fired up Troy is going to be for this gameor it could be a REALLY LONG NIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ Maybe Burkhaulter is ready to come back. I think he still has 3 chances left on the "Southall Scale". _
    Burkhalter ____ed hot three times in the span of 5 weeks. Southall never did anything like that while he was here.

UL Football Re: Troy: Time to Focus on the Cajuns

Anyone read this yet???? This is bulletin board material. This should fire us up! We should get fired up just from how fired up they are going to be!!!

Thread Information