Page 199 of 222 FirstFirst . 189 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 209 . LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Ragin' Cajuns Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _
    We shall see next year with the OSU game. I might even have to try making that one. Thing is, I wear the evil grab to sporting events, but that should be ok.chants don't bother me. _
    Actually, I think the OSU game is in 2010. But you can come over anyway. Just don't sit in the upper deck. The flight is great, just not the landing.

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    yeah so you can make it 2-86 vs the BCS all timeand 0-3 on the year.
    Wow, a walking UL media guide. The Texsters obsessing all over your forum about our popular name are hilarious but your own Mr "Snote" would say it's kinda "girlie".

Lonnie:

Great to see you are still kicking up a storm.

I'm senior project manager for a disabled veteran owned construction company. Doing work all over the east (east of Mississippi for fed government, set-aside programs.

Oldest son going in Air Force on Tuesday. middle son in college and dating a beauty queen.

Youngest son is a senior and talking about Navy.

Been a rough year. Mom had been sick for last 5-years. So i was back to DeRidder about every three months. She died in April (88), buried her with my dad in Arlington in May. Both WW-2 vets from pacific. Dad died in service in 64.

Me, I'm trying to get back to Lafayette and work for UL. Just waiting for T-joe to make offer.

Later,

Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Actually, I think the OSU game is in 2010. But you can come over anyway. Just don't sit in the upper deck. The flight is great, just not the landing.
    Beau, I tell ya', all the injuries to so many bodies has me really concerned. Our defense has to spend a lot of time in FAU's backfield getting after Mr. Smith and I dunno Hoping for the best.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Wow, a walking UL media guide. The Texsters obsessing all over your forum about our popular name are hilarious but your own Mr "Snote" would say it's kinda "girlie". _
    Seriously, is there a thread on Bulldawgs Bite Balls aka BBB about our name?

wow.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ Actually, I think the OSU game is in 2010. But you can come over anyway. Just don't sit in the upper deck. The flight is great, just not the landing. _
    My bad bout the OSU game and thanks for the correction.

I've had a few rough landings in my day, so I'm thinking I can handle another.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    _ Dude y'all have been D1A for a lot longer than Tech but haven't done anything with it. All I did was use all of the available information on the NCAA website.

We've been hamstringed by bad administrative decisions from Jim Oakes but finally he is out of the picture. We are setup for success in football and both W and MBB.

I was just pointing out the gross inaccuracy of the "worst cajun attendance is always better than Tech's best" statement. That is laughable. Of course the Cajuns have to have good years for good attendance.

Yes the Cajuns have potential and that is great. No I don't believe for a second that the Cajuns would regularly beat Tech RIGHT NOW.

Maybe we DO need to face off in a bowl game _
    Obviously, technically, my comment about attendance was inaccurate. Tech, for where it is, who it is, how large it is, the funding within its grasp, has capitalized athleticially on available resourses substantially larger than UL. Tech people, like other state schools and their following simply believe that, athletically, UL is just in the mix with the rest of the state (excluding LSU), hitting more lows than highs. What isn't clear to everyone is that UL hasn't simply been handcuffed by the state, like everyone else. UL has handcuffed itself, athletically, for the past 35 years. Most, even within our own fan confines, accept what they see, and either have a good time with it, or don't participate (this is the group we have that no one else comes even close). It is our vast dormant alumni and fans who don't even know they are fans yet, that we have, and others could only hope for.

In reality, "potential" and 75 cents might get you a cup of coffee. I have a hard time convincing people internally, when they haggle with fans of other schools, that we are not even close to deploying our own resources. No one has ever taken the helm and led this gig properly. Tech cannot say that. I have been there and seen it. Tech may have had a disappointing administration here and there. but they have never remained in the lowest sector of their own athletic potential. and just made a party of it. We have. but improvement is coming.

I still believe that UL's worst attendance "ought" to be comparable to Tech's best. As for the "you will never beat us again" statement. take that to Dooley and let it operate on him. He's arrogant, and you guys are getting the uptick of what arrogance brings. I want to show you the downside. Get Dooley to revive the Tech rivalry if you can. I say you cannot and he will not. And by the way, "separation" and 75 cents might get you a second cup of coffee.
    Good luck to you and yours.
    Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ Lonnie:

Great to see you are still kicking up a storm.

I'm senior project manager for a disabled veteran owned construction company. Doing work all over the east (east of Mississippi for fed government, set-aside programs.

Oldest son going in Air Force on Tuesday. middle son in college and dating a beauty queen.

Youngest son is a senior and talking about Navy.

Been a rough year. Mom had been sick for last 5-years. So i was back to DeRidder about every three months. She died in April (88), buried her with my dad in Arlington in May. Both WW-2 vets from pacific. Dad died in service in 64.

Me, I'm trying to get back to Lafayette and work for UL. Just waiting for T-joe to make offer.

Later,

Trigger _
    Chuck,

I'm sorry for your loss. Your parents were members of our greatest generation and I know you are proud of them and their service to this country. It's a fitting honor that they rest in such hallowed ground.

Sounds like your boys are doing great, I wish them well, and you too on your quest to get back to Lafayette.

Me, my youngest daughter is getting married in June and she has Dad jumping. Other than that, I'm living large and enjoying life.

Peace Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Seriously, is there a thread on Bulldawgs Bite Balls aka BBB about our name?
    wow.
    Z
    In all fairness I have to say that a few level headed LaTech fans have jumped into it and they're expressing what amounts to a "live and let live" atttitude. I've seen a couple of Weenies do that on their forum. Not a lot but there's always an enlightened few.

UL Football Scout.com Bowl Projections 11/16/08

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

Didn't we hear that the Indy Bowl can only take a 7-5 SBC team? But they do have 3 SBC teams inI like that.

UL Football Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

WE HAVE TO GET UL FANS OUT TO TROY ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!

Find some friends get together, and head out there on Saturday to cheer on OUR BOYS! If you are driving, I suggest getting your tickets before you go from the Cajundome Box Office so you are sure to be sitting with the UL faithful at the game!

If you can't drive, get on the Alumni bus and let them drive you there. It includes the ride there and back, snacks on the bus, and game ticket too.
    http://www.louisianaalumni.org/siteeID=68&eID=309

We have to start traveling better as a school in general.bowl commitees like that!

No Z there is not a thread about your name issue on the BBB board however we still refer to you as ULL on there. One of the things I think also hurts our attendance in football is the damn quarter system. Our students are never in school during some of our biggest games. They were not in attendance for the Utah State game and most won't be back for the Nevada game. Students don't stay in Ruston when there isn't school. Not much to do there when school is out.

13. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns Fall to 5-5

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns, hampered by injuries to key personnel, were hampered by Florida Atlantic on Saturday afternoon by a final score of 40-29 at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale.

Louisiana (5-5, 4-1) falls into a first place tie in the Sun Belt Conference with Troy (6-3, 4-1). The Trojans play a non-conference game at Louisiana State on Saturday evening. The Cajuns travel to Troy next Saturday in a game that will decide at least a piece of the SBC championship.

Florida Atlantic (5-5, 3-2) keeps their SBC title hopes alive with the victory. FAU would need to win their two remaining games, have Troy lose their two remaining SBC games and have the Cajuns lose to Middle Tennessee to create a two-way tie with UL.

The Owls put the game out of reach in the third quarter following the Cajuns third turnover of the game. Rusty Smith hit Rob Housler with a 23-yard touchdown pass to put FAU in front by a 33-7 margin with less than six minutes remaining in the third stanza.

Cajuns quarterback Michael Desormeaux was given the rest of the night off after the touchdown. Brad McGuire replaced Desormeaux and was under center until replaced by Chris Masson with 6:20 remaining.

McGuire led the Cajuns on a 13-play, 74-yard scoring drive in the fourth quarter. He tossed a two-yard touchdown pass to Ladarius Green with 7:44 remaining in the game.

Masson’s first career pass attempt was intercepted. On the next series, Masson was 6-for-6 passing for 82 yards, throwing a 30-yard touchdown pass to Luke Aubrey. Aubrey caught a two-point pass from Masson to pull the Cajuns within 40-29 with 1:40 remaining in the game.

Cajuns running back Tyrell Fenroy finished with 18 carries for 92 yards and a touchdown. Fenroy was unable to reach 100 yards rushing in any of his four career games vs. FAU.

Fenroy is now 17 rushing yards from tying Kevin Faulk’s State of Louisiana career rushing record. He is one rushing touchdown from Brian Mitchell’s UL mark of 47 career rushing touchdowns. He is two rushing scores from Mitchell’s UL single-season mark of 19 rushing touchdowns and 42 rushing yards from Mitchell’s UL single-season mark of 1,311 rushing yards.

FAU struck on the game’s opening drive, moving 64 yards in four plays. The Owls scored on a six-yard run by Charles Pierre to take a 6-0 lead. Nate Douglas blocked the extra point for the Cajuns, their first blocked kick of the season.

A Cajuns fumble led to another FAU touchdown. Smith hit Chris Bonner with a 13-yard slant pass to give the Owls a 12-0 lead. UL blocked the extra point again, as Gerren Blount was able to stuff the kick.

The Cajuns had a chance early in the second quarter, but were unsuccessful on third-and-one and fourth-and-one from the FAU 14-yard line. The Cajuns turned the ball over on downs to the Owls.

FAU immediately traveled 85 yards in seven plays, scoring on 14-yard pass from Smith to Housler. The drive’s key play came on a 48-yard pass over the middle from Smith to his wide open tight end Jamari Grant.

UL got on the board with a seven-play, 80-yard drive. Desormeaux connected with Green on a pair of passes totaling 37 yards. Fenroy capped the drive with a 14-yard touchdown run. The Cajuns trailed 19-7 with 7:22 remaining in the first half.

FAU punted for the first time in the game, giving UL the ball at their 23-yard line with 5:55 to play in the second quarter. The Cajuns drove down to the FAU 23-yard line before Desormeaux was intercepted at the 19-yard line with 1:22 remaining.

The Owls used 34 seconds in driving 81 yards for six more points. Smith found Cortez Gent in single coverage down the right side for a 44-yard completion down to the Cajuns 23-yard line. Two plays later, Willie Rose scored on a 10-yard rush to give the hosts a 26-7 lead at the half.

RaginCajuns.com

14. UL Football UGLY DAY: UL gets first Sun Belt loss

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Already battered and bruised physically, UL took an even bigger hit on Saturday.

Florida Atlantic played like the defending Sun Belt champions, dominating the banged-up Ragin' Cajuns on both sides of the ball for a 40-29 win at Lockhart Stadium. The Owls scored the game's first 19 points and never looked

back as UL lost for the second consecutive week despite holding the ball for nearly 38 minutes.

"We came out too relaxed throughout the whole game," said UL strong safety Derik Keyes. "I guess we were thinking we were going to win and that they were going to lay down."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 16, 2008

bump

igeaux.mobi

Thread Information