Page 195 of 222 FirstFirst . 185 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 205 . LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Heart Break Lost Still on my mind

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Unfortunately we seem to be catching FAU at the worst possible time. Rusty Smith has stopped sucking, and if our performance against UTEP is any indication of how our secondary will cover, it will be a long night. Not only that, our injury situation (i know, i know, it's a cop-out) is out of control.

That being said, we faced a similarly tall task in defeating Arkansas State when they were hot, and a red-shirt freshman QB got it done.

I saw an early line where we were 2.5 pt. favorites. I guess Vegas hasn't read our injury report. _
    This was the first game all season that we game planned for another team instaed of focusing on what we need to do to win. We played a soft zone all game and did not run many man blitz plays all game. we ran some zone blitz schemes and gave to much cushion and it showed. It seemed like we did not want to get beat deep and chose to keep everyone in front of us. A bend but dont break scheme and it backfired.

Default Re: CBS Sportsline calls it

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ CBS Sportsline may not be but. I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FAU !!!!!!!! _
    yep, yep.

Default Re: CBS Sportsline calls it

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

B MC throws for 320

Z _
    So is Des out? Or playing WR?

Default Re: Heart Break Lost Still on my mind

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ This was the first game all season that we game planned for another team instaed of focusing on what we need to do to win. We played a soft zone all game and did not run many man blitz plays all game. we ran some zone blitz schemes and gave to much cushion and it showed. It seemed like we did not want to get beat deep and chose to keep everyone in front of us. A bend but dont break scheme and it backfired. _
    Just what we need 60 minutes of prevent defense. It never works not even for 2 minutes what made us think it would work for a whole game?

Default Re: QBs in limbo: UL's depth will be tested

Why would Bustle hesitate in playing Masson against UTEP? What did that game mean?

Default Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ Why don't we make this "THE" spot for UL fans to meet and tailgate before the game? Maybe we get BOP to help us the week of the game by making this known on the air to those that are going? Unless anyone knows of a better spot _
    Sounds like a plan!

7. Default Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

I have a few diehard cajuns that are heading up there to Troy with me. We are staying at the Comfort Inn too so it shouldn't be that far.

See everyone in front of the Troy Library bright and early!!!

8. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

If that info is incorrect, please feel free to pass on anything you have.
    I can't confirm or deny your info.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ Sounds like a plan! _
    I have tailgated at Troy twice. Have a few get there early and establish a Cajun tailgate, so you'll have a spot.

There is no need to walk 10 minutes to the stadium.

We have tailgated, turning on the road in between the RV lot and the football field, and making a right past the baseball stadium. Park in there and set up tents.

Also, one year they let us tailgate outside the outfield fence of the baseball stadium. I believe we had to park and walk our stuff over there, because the lot next to the football stadium was for donors (it was a dirt lot at that time). It started raining and we ended up getting mud everywhere after cleaning up our tailgating spot after the game.

So, I'd tailgate over on the first base side of the baseball stadium if I were you.

We have always stayed at the Holiday Inn, or Holiday Inn Express. There is a bar in the Holiday Inn that stays open late.

Don't forget about possibly staying in the Pensacola area before or after the game.

I'm surprised some of the Troy fans that have come by the Krewe de Chew, haven't helped ya'll out, or at least invited you guys to their tailgate.

When the Cajuns play in Murfreesboro, there's no doubt where the Cajun fans will be setting up

UL Football Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

When is everyone heading out that way? I'm not leaving until Saturday morning, and should be in Troy early afternoon.

Default Re: QBs in limbo: UL's depth will be tested

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _

Put Chery in the Wild Cajun Form.

I'm leaving Friday afternoon, with my luck I'd get stuck on a shutdown interstate Saturday morning.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ LSU can be 50 or 150 miles away; they are still going to be a thorn in all of our sides for attendance. I don't forsee ever seeing more than 25k at a game at Tech to be honest. Too many universities up there and one in particular needs to drop back down to 1aa.You definitely hold a slight attendance advantage over us for sure. I think if Tech had won at Army, the attendance would have been higher for Fresno. This week will tell if we actually see an attendance boost from winning more than one game in a row. _
    You said it best when you compared the populations of the two metro areas; Lafayette and Ruston. In its worst years UL will have attendance figures comparable to Tech's best. I feel for you, but that's the truth. LSU home games have an affect on our attendance, but it is in no way a problem we cannot overcome via improving our program, a feat that we have never truly attempted. I'm not impressed with any of our past performances, nor attendance figures. We've only hinted at being good a few times and the stands fill up.

We have an thick UL population density within 45 miles of Lafayette, that with improved football product, will begin amazing all others in the state. We have never put our best foot forward in football. as a university. from top to bottom. We are turning that corner as we speak. I wouldn't ever again schedule us if I were Dooley. seriously. Tech hasn't a prayer of ever winning a football game against UL ever again. ever.

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ When did she show up?

The Honors Tent was up at about 11:00 AM, they had GREAT jambalaya from Champagne's.

But they broke down about 3:00, everyone had other obligations. _
    It was about 4:00, so that's why they didn't see anyone there. One of these days I'm gonna make it out of Mandeville in the morning! Unfortunately, my job with the Boy Scouts has a lot of Fall weekend events that I have to attend which causes my late starts.

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Seriously--I don't think that Tech comes close to 15k at their games --I have seen the actual numbers in the seats and unfortunately in the grass endzones at our games---How many are actually at Tech games??? _
    The NCAA list the Tech attendance at 18,500 last year. I'm sure it's not as many as they would like, but for a city of bout 20,000 and enrollment of bout 10,000.not too bad. imo

Thread Information