Page 194 of 222 FirstFirst . 184 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 204 . LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ You also live in a city of 150k as opposed to 25k tops with two other div one schools within 30 miles. you drew 28k for your homecoming with no interest in a big LSU game. With a big LSU game you drew 20k on a four game winning streak against a somewhat big opponent. I don't think either of us can harp about attendance. _
    Not to hop on the harp, but the numbers I saw on those two games were 29K+ for HC and 21K+ for UTEP. Just a smidge more for accuracy sake. BTW, I was born in beautiful downtown Ruston and my dad played FB at LA Tech in the early 50's, so I enjoy following Tech as my second favorite team.

Default Re: 3 games left need 1 win to get into playoffs

Anyone notice the title of this thread? "Playoffs? Playoffs??? ."

3. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ You also live in a city of 150k as opposed to 25k tops with two other div one schools within 30 miles. you drew 28k for your homecoming with no interest in a big LSU game. With a big LSU game you drew 20k on a four game winning streak against a somewhat big opponent. I don't think either of us can harp about attendance. _
    This was by many considered one of the biggest games in the history of LSU---playing #1 alabama with the Saban side show---the point being is that we will always outdraw Tech and with the Acadiana area, not just Lafayette maybe double your attendance! As an assistant of the Sunbelt said to me --If we can get some success at UL--they would be unstoppable---The key though is T-Joe --We now have a Taylor!!!!

4. People Re: 3 games left need 1 win to get into playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ If Mike cannot go this weekend (and if he is still operating on a leg and a half, I would say he probably ought to sit this one out), and Brad is "hamstrung" by the weekend. and Chris has to be prepared for serious playing time. do we also have Blaine Gauthier prepped as well? I know he is redshirted. but is it a possibility they might pull the redshirt? I noticed he recieved a scout team award this past week. Could he have improved and perhaps even gotten a lot of our offensive plays down already? Would his being left-handed and fairly mobile be a help to the offense via the mimic of MD?

If we are going to ponder the possibilities of QB play. I know the coaches will have the best plan of action without my help. but what do others think about Blaine getting put in action at this juncture in a redshirt year? Possible? Not possible? Bad idea?

If we do, I think our OC and QB coach ought to look at some Lutcher HS film, see what WR routes Blaine was most successful completing passes, and work those in for him. again, if we have to pull his RS. _
    Hope we didn't give him a t-shirt for his efforts!!!! I think that we need to keep the Rouge on Gauthier!!!!

5. UL Football QBs in limbo: UL's depth will be tested

UL - With some key personnel now hampered by injuries, UL's once high-powered offense could have a different look for the rest of the season.

The Cajuns tore through opponents when healthy behind the one-two punch of quarterback Mike Desormeaux and running back Tyrell Fenroy. But Desormeaux sprained his right knee on Oct. 11 against North Texas and has been unable to contribute as much to the running game.

Desormeaux threw three interceptions and ran for only 43 yards on five carries in last week's 37-24 loss to UTEP. The senior had averaged 102 rushing yards in his previous 22 starts at quarterback and was the Sun Belt's leader in pass efficiency this season.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 12, 2008

Default Re: Heart Break Lost Still on my mind

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Unfortunately we seem to be catching FAU at the worst possible time. Rusty Smith has stopped sucking, and if our performance against UTEP is any indication of how our secondary will cover, it will be a long night. Not only that, our injury situation (i know, i know, it's a cop-out) is out of control.

That being said, we faced a similarly tall task in defeating Arkansas State when they were hot, and a red-shirt freshman QB got it done.

I saw an early line where we were 2.5 pt. favorites. I guess Vegas hasn't read our injury report. _

Don't forget about our inability to get pressure on the QB with our front 4. We really haven't gotten it done all year in that respect. We will have to blitz and Rusty doesn't typically throw the ball as vertical as Vittatoe did so we can press them a bit more with our CB's. Plus, I don't think that their WR's are as good as UTEP's.

Default Re: Louisiana-Lafayette(-2.5) @ Florida Atlantic

at least there is a built in excuse for a loss

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ at least there is a built in excuse for a loss _
    Amen! And those REFS!! Can you believe those calls????

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default CBS Sportsline calls it

Louisiana 43 Florida Atlantic 38

B MC throws for 320

Z

Default Re: CBS Sportsline calls it

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Louisiana 43 Florida Atlantic 38

B MC throws for 320

Z _
    CBS Sportsline may not be but. I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FAU !!!!!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: CBS Sportsline calls it

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ CBS Sportsline may not be but. I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FAU !!!!!!!! _
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Amen! And those REFS!! Can you believe those calls???? _
    leave the refs for the saints fans

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

LSU can be 50 or 150 miles away; they are still going to be a thorn in all of our sides for attendance. I don't forsee ever seeing more than 25k at a game at Tech to be honest. Too many universities up there and one in particular needs to drop back down to 1aa.You definitely hold a slight attendance advantage over us for sure. I think if Tech had won at Army, the attendance would have been higher for Fresno. This week will tell if we actually see an attendance boost from winning more than one game in a row.

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Project10 View Post
    Arkstfan, you raise some good points. But as usual when the subject of La. Tech comes up, you don't tell the whole story.

Can you honestly blame anyone for having reservations about facing the first team to make a bowl in NCAA history w/ a losing record (UNT) in a brand-new bowl, which is what the New Orleans Bowl was back in '01? The choice was A) Local, new Bowl game vs. non-BCS opponent w/ losing record and consequently becoming part of the answer to a trivia question, or B) distant Bowl game vs. BCS opponent. I think Arkansas State or anyone else may have acted in the same fashion.
    The story we heard, Tech was trying like heck to get out of the Icepack Bowl, even offended the conference by trying to swap off with a different WAC school.

And you lost your butts on ticket guarantees, besides that.

If that info is incorrect, please feel free to pass on anything you have.

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Sorry I was not able to make by to see you guys. Got a late start and then had trouble parking. I've been parking at the Cajundome, but my wife complained about the long walk. So yesterday I thought I'd try parking across the street from the Eauk. After we left our car, someone told us they'd tow our car if we were parking for the game. I saw a couple of cop cars and a tow truck, so I took it seriously. Tried a little further down but no luck. So I dropped my wife over by the cross walk to save her walking and drove to the Cajundome. I told her I'd meet her at the Eauk. My younger son was going to meet us at the Honors tent which is over by Dr. Funkenstein. Before I got to the C'dome, she called and said there was no Honors tent this game and they were going over to the Alumni tent. So, I never made over ther, but I tried! Maybe next game!
    When did she show up?

The Honors Tent was up at about 11:00 AM, they had GREAT jambalaya from Champagne's.

But they broke down about 3:00, everyone had other obligations.

Thread Information