Page 191 of 222 FirstFirst . 181 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 201 . LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

And I might add. Tech has alot of sneering at being in the sunbelt(that I will admit) but UL is the only team in the belt we have any real interest in sharing a conference with. CUSA would be smart to add both of us and I wish you guys had come over to the WAC, but that is another thread alltogether.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Project10 View Post
    _ Arkstfan, you raise some good points. But as usual when the subject of La. Tech comes up, you don't tell the whole story.

Can you honestly blame anyone for having reservations about facing the first team to make a bowl in NCAA history w/ a losing record (UNT) in a brand-new bowl, which is what the New Orleans Bowl was back in '01? The choice was A) Local, new Bowl game vs. non-BCS opponent w/ losing record and consequently becoming part of the answer to a trivia question, or B) distant Bowl game vs. BCS opponent. I think Arkansas State or anyone else may have acted in the same fashion.

Congrats on this season, Cajun fans.good to see you guys with more W's than L's. I admire guys like Z and Destin who have stood by the Rajun Cajuns through the lean years. _
    LOL!! Thanks. Hey, where is it that DFM lives now?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ And I might add. Tech has alot of sneering at being in the sunbelt(that I will admit) but UL is the only team in the belt we have any real interest in sharing a conference with. CUSA would be smart to add both of us and I wish you guys had come over to the WAC, but that is another thread alltogether. _
    Easy, take a deep breath. Maybe someday soon we all be in the same tent enjoying peace and harmony!!!

Z

4. UL Football Cajuns focused on SBC championship

UL — A 37-24 non-conference loss Saturday may have snapped the University of Louisiana ’s four-game winning streak, but it hasn’t shaken the Ragin’ Cajuns confidence or resolve.

“Like we do every game, we flip that page,” UL coach Rickey Bustle said Monday at his weekly news conference at the UL Athletic Complex. “That’s one behind us and we can fully concentrate on our goals and who we have to play. Our goals are (still) intact.”

Those ULL goals include a winning season and a third bowl-eligible record in four years, as well as capturing a Sun Belt Conference championship.

The Cajuns sit alone atop the SBC standings at 4-0, one game ahead of Troy. Overall, the Cajuns’ 5-4 mark leaves them one victory shy of becoming bowl eligible.

The rest of the story

By GLENN QUEBEDEAUX
    Special to The Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ look Z I would say that we have a hell of alot less UL bashing than you guys have Tech bashing. As a matter of fact Belt boards love to bash Tech. Its your favorite pass time. We even have a whole thread right now about admiring UL. The majority of us don't look down on your school and want to see the series played on a regular basis. _
    I haven't found the thread with all the lovefest on your board. I did find the usual "its the Sun Belt for God sakes" comments. Of course several of the UL'ers comments in regards to ULM and the Cajuns. So I certainly don't see a majority on your board expressing interest in playing UL on a regular basis. Sad part about it, we would bring more fans to Ruston then any of your conference programs. Hell, we bring four to five thousand to Monroe each game.

I enjoy playing Tech, but I don't see that happening anytime soon with Dooley in the AD position.

UL Football Heart Break Loss Still on my mind

Last years 39-32 OT Homecoming lost to FAU is still on my mind. This is a game we should win I am mad because they been here for 7 or 8 years and Won a bowl game last year.
    We need to stop Rusty Smith, Charles Pierre, Cortez Gent, keep an eye on TE Jamari Grant This is still our year. I still want my ( 8-4) I know Des is still hurt but I think we should play both Des & Brad it will throw FAU game plan off they never really seen Brad play.Lets go team

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Heart Break Lost Still on my mind

Unfortunately we seem to be catching FAU at the worst possible time. Rusty Smith has stopped sucking, and if our performance against UTEP is any indication of how our secondary will cover, it will be a long night. Not only that, our injury situation (i know, i know, it's a cop-out) is out of control.

That being said, we faced a similarly tall task in defeating Arkansas State when they were hot, and a red-shirt freshman QB got it done.

I saw an early line where we were 2.5 pt. favorites. I guess Vegas hasn't read our injury report.

UL Football 3 games left need 1 win to get into playoffs

No this isn't a Jim Haslett thread but I find it weird that 1 win makes us bowl eligible and we happen to have a hurt quarterback. Is there a Jake Delhomme on the bench? Do we owe Desormeaux the chance to get us there. Do we owe Desormeaux the chance to heal and lead us to a win in the bowl game? Can we build a winner with Masson or is McGuire given the chance to show his win was for real? All I can remember is Brooks and Done.

Default Re: 3 games left need 1 win to get into playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ No this isn't a Jim Haslett thread but I find it weird that 1 win makes us bowl eligible and we happen to have a hurt quarterback. Is there a Jake Delhomme on the bench? Do we owe Desormeaux the chance to get us there. Do we owe Desormeaux the chance to heal and lead us to a win in the bowl game? Can we build a winner with Masson or is McGuire given the chance to show his win was for real? All I can remember is Brooks and Done. _
    I sure hope our guys are able to persevere, or else they could cause "my next broken heart."

_ No this isn't a Jim Haslett thread but I find it weird that 1 win makes us bowl eligible and we happen to have a hurt quarterback. Is there a Jake Delhomme on the bench? Do we owe Desormeaux the chance to get us there. Do we owe Desormeaux the chance to heal and lead us to a win in the bowl game? Can we build a winner with Masson or is McGuire given the chance to show his win was for real? All I can remember is Brooks and Done. _

We will not be in a bowl this year,,,,, too many obstacles

11. UL Football Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Hey, where is it that DFM lives now? _
    Lake Claiborne, perhaps?

I'd love to make the tip-off this weekend at the Cajundome, but as someone else said, we have an important home game against USU the same day. The basketball game is actually the reason I visited here to begin with.

Someone remarked about the chances of a Bulldog/Cajun series in football being nil as long as Dooley is AD: I disagree. In light of the bad economy, a local series is important, I would think. Some Tech fans might not admit it, but a series between us would be great. Lafayette is a great destination and we have a long history.and unlike ULM, you have gotten the best of us enough that there is an amount of respect there.

Furthermore, what our AD wants and what he must do are two very different things. For example, he was very outspoken about "scheduling for success" and playing only one "bodybag" game each season. He emphasized this the week we played LSU last season. And yet in August, he inked a deal to play LSU again next season.

_ Lake Claiborne, perhaps?

I'd love to make the tip-off this weekend at the Cajundome, but as someone else said, we have an important home game against USU the same day. The basketball game is actually the reason I visited here to begin with.

Someone remarked about the chances of a Bulldog/Cajun series in football being nil as long as Dooley is AD: I disagree. In light of the bad economy, a local series is important, I would think. Some Tech fans might not admit it, but a series between us would be great. Lafayette is a great destination and we have a long history.and unlike ULM, you have gotten the best of us enough that there is an amount of respect there.

Plus your baseball guy put UL on the scoreboard last springwe really appreciate that!

Furthermore, what our AD wants and what he must do are two very different things. For example, he was very outspoken about "scheduling for success" and playing only one "bodybag" game each season. He emphasized this the week we played LSU last season. And yet in August, he inked a deal to play LSU again next season. _

Yeah, Lake Claiborne!! Thats it. Look, you tell him I said "Hey", ok.

Its funny, just a few weeks ago you guys couldnt wait for basketball season, now we are the ones hoping we have enough bodies and luck available to just become bowl eligible

Its a crazy world, aint it?

Z

Bustle said yesterday that we had 11 players sitting out of practice yesterday. 10 of the 11 were starters. We've got our starting QB limping around for the past month and does not appear to be getting any less gimpy. Our secondary is getting picked apart. I think we will get the one win we need BUT, we will not be the same running offense from the first half of the season for the rest of this season. Which makes us very one D. Proof is in the game saturday. We don't have a catch up offense. We for some reason don't use Jason Chery as much as we used to. Defenses are keying on Fenroy because Desmo can't run. I say start using both QB's throughout the game. We need that QB option to free up Fenroy.

Wouldn't we need at least two of three to go bowling? I agree that if Mike isn't 100% perhaps let McGuire be the QB. He did a great job with ASU.

Furthermore, what our AD wants and what he must do are two very different things. For example, he was very outspoken about "scheduling for success" and playing only one "bodybag" game each season. He emphasized this the week we played LSU last season. And yet in August, he inked a deal to play LSU again next season.
    We always enjoy the elite programs coming to Cajun Field which is why we've played Okla St a couple of times already, Texas Tech, Minnesota, Texas A&M and Alabama and numerous CUSA programs. So, now that LTU is "elite" and all, see if your AD can squeeze us into his travel plans.

Thread Information