Page 185 of 222 FirstFirst . 175 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 195 . LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

UL Football Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

all the students need to get over this whole thing. I am a student and understand why things are happening this way. because our average attendance and tailgating attendance has gone to an all time high. with that being said, the fenced in area is very limited to how many people can park there and tailgate there. So, the obvious thing to do is charge for prime spots.its money in the pocket of our program. i have no problems with helping our program.

Default Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

and not to mention.its not that expensive. most people dont tailgate alone, so gather your buddies and split the costs. stop whinning and enjoy the growth of our program! at least students still get in games for free! would you rather pay for, parking, tailgating, and pay for a ticket out of a lottery and not be guaranteed a seat for our football games. i think not.so shut up and wear RED.cause we are the RED ZONE.

im gone being disgruntled.sorry.

Default Re: Black out the Red Zone????

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Saw this on Facebook. Apparently, someone is trying to organize a Black Out of the Red Zone to protest the charging $50 for tailgating spots that were normally first come, first serve.

Plain stupidity on the part of this particular student. _
    It is all part of winning. Must win, must have money and you have to divide up who all is paying the price. The sum of many giving is normally greater than a few giving. I will be in red again with the whole family and with several new comers.

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

On the bulldog B&B forum one of their poster wrote that a belt team in the Indy would killl the bowl and that the bowl committee would come run begging to them to save the Bowl. They are so full of themselves. I hope they lose the rest or their game. Can't wait for the 15th. I wanna see the B-ball team just destroy them.

5. UL Football Five questions for wide receivers coach Daryl Mason.

Five questions for wide receivers coach Daryl Mason.

How has practice gone this week?

Mason
    : "We’ve been making some adjustments this week to prepare as best we can. We continue to practice hard.”

Talk about the offense’s recent success?

Mason
    : "We’ve been making plays to help us get yards. We haven’t had as many big plays lately as we’d like to have, but the defenses have been mixing up their fronts and coverage and it’s been quite a challenge for us.”

Does anything change in the team’s preparation for a non-conference game this late in the season?

Mason
    : "I don’t think anything changes. The players are in a routine and we approach everything with the same emphasis. We’ve been going one play at a time and one game at a time.”

What are some things that UTEP does well defensively?

Mason
    : "They run to the ball and hit well. They have a lot of good athletes and they play a lot of guys to keep them fresh.”

What’s the driving force behind the Cajuns success at home?

Mason
    : “I think the seniors are great leaders. Coach Bustle set the tone at the beginning of fall practice to get one-percent better every day and the players are doing that. The players realize the carryover from practice to the game. The guys get fired up to play at home and they’ve made up their mind to not go down without a fight.”

RaginCajuns.com

6. UL Football Official Louisiana Injury Report

Official Louisiana Injury Report
    (as of Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008):

Gerren Blount, DB (hip – probable);
    Richard Brooks, LB (knee – out);
    Brad Bryant, OL (knee – questionable);
    Jeremy Cook, DL (knee – questionable, upgraded from doubtful);
    Michael Desormeaux, QB (knee – probable);
    Richie Falgout, WR (leg – probable);
    Ladarius Green, TE (knee – probable);
    Junior Jean, DB (shoulder – out);
    Chris Lanaux, DL (groin – probable);
    Jawanza Mitchell, WR (head – out);
    Jaron Odom, OL (knee – out);
    Maurice Rolle, DB (hip – doubtful, downgraded from probable),
    Derrick Smith, WR (leg – probable);
    Phillip Walker, FB (toe – doubtful).

RaginCajuns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    _ On the bulldog B&B forum one of their poster wrote that a belt team in the Indy would kiL the bowl and that the bowl committee would come run begging to them to save the Bowl. They are so full of themselves. I hope they lose the rest or their game. Can't wait for the 15th. I wanna see the B-ball team just destroy them. _
    They may well get an invite but it will be because both the SEC and Big XII failed to send teams not because they need to take to save them.

There are a lot of Tech fans who pray the bowl will fail because the selection committee snubbed them for inferior programs from LSU and Notre Dame. The letters and calls threatening the businesses of selection committee members means they will never be high on their list.

8. UL Football Ragin' Cajun coaches have ties to UTEP

EL PASO -- The Louisiana-Lafeyette coaching staff has a pair of ties to UTEP.

Offensive coordinator Ron Hudson was tight ends coach at UTEP in 2001 and 2002under Gary Nord. Defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier was a graduate assistant under David Lee in 1990.

"I'm sure (Hudson) is going to be excited about trying to kick our butts with his offensive line," coach Mike Price said. "Their defensive coordinator was a graduate assistant at UTEP. I'm sure there's nothing like beating the school you used to coach for."

The rest of the story

By Bret Bloomquist / El Paso Times

9. UL Football Opponent View: Louisiana not opponent UTEP expected

EL PASO -- Louisiana is an odd team for UTEP to be playing in November.

The story, though, of how UTEP ended up with a non-conference game in this month for the second time since 1992 is a simple one.

The Ragin' Cajuns and Miners both had a bye this week, both needed another game, and -- this is a key point -- UTEP was pretty sure when it set up the game early this year it was getting an easy victory.

For the second time this season (the opener against Buffalo was the first), UTEP has to be feeling like an opponent was guilty of a little false advertising.

"This isn't what we thought we were getting," UTEP coach Mike Price said. "They were 3-9 last year."

The rest of the story

By Bret Bloomquist / El Paso Times

Default Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ I don't agree with pushing those dedicated students out of their spots. Those were traditions for many students. Plus they showed up when all the others were staying home.

BUT I am all about the university making it's money. We want to act like the big boys it's going to come at a cost. So I don't oppose the action either. I actually would still agree to the added costs since they did leave free tailgaiting spots.

Maybe a $2 per car parking fee would have worked out better ?

I'm all about making money for the program. Hit em' while we are hot!

Wear Red! _
    Before you can fix a problem you have to recognize the problem.

A: There were no designated spots for anybody except for those who already paid for tailgate spots. I could have shown up in your so called designated spots before you and there was not a thing in the world you could do.
    B: There were problems developing between the fans for unrented spots, and that is not a good thing.
    C: The SGA needs to get together with the University for next fall, and buy some designated spots for students. Then the SGA can give, rent, raffle, have a lottery, or whatever they want to allocate the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    There are a lot of Tech fans who pray the bowl will fail because the selection committee snubbed them for inferior programs from LSU and Notre Dame. The letters and calls threatening the businesses of selection committee members means they will never be high on their list. _
    I've seen that come across in many of their posts. Kill off one of the things that brings positive national attention to Shreveport and northwest La. A pretty amazing attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I've seen that come across in many of their posts. Kill off one of the things that brings positive national attention to Shreveport and northwest La. A pretty amazing attitude.

_
    First time I've seen "amazing" in a sentence talking about Tayk fans.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun coaches have ties to UTEP

" Just rewards: UTEP defensive coordinator Osia Lewis has organized a "big play" contest among his defensive units, and after Tuesday's practice the secondary took the lead.

The winning unit gets an undisclosed reward on the airplane flight to Lafayette, La."

Someone call the T-shirt patrol. We may have an issue here

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ I can absolutely assure you that the good people of Moose Fart will NOT want a bunch of obnoxious redNechs rolling into their town for a football game!! I know. My second cousin's mother's half-brother-in-law's daughter lives there and she told me so!!! _
    Not to mention it's the home of moose balls and spaghetti in a red gravy.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun coaches have ties to UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    _ " Just rewards: UTEP defensive coordinator Osia Lewis has organized a "big play" contest among his defensive units, and after Tuesday's practice the secondary took the lead.

The winning unit gets an undisclosed reward on the airplane flight to Lafayette, La."

Someone call the T-shirt patrol. We may have an issue here _
    With Price as the coach they probably get a lap dance.

Thread Information