Page 171 of 222 FirstFirst . 161 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 181 . LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Shreveport is gorgeous in December.

Quote Originally Posted by RealCajun70 View Post
    _ Well regardless we will find out soon enough. _
    You are right!!! Lets just take it one game at a time and take the title and let everything else play out.

Default Re: Question

As a one time oiler fan i would warn all titan fans to not heap too much praise on Fisher(although he deserves it) That crazy old bud doesn't want someone to steal the spotlight from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7 View Post
    _ Next up FIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOCUS!!!!!
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!! _

It's the team's job to focus, not mine. I'm not playing. It doesn't matter what I do. It is fun for the first time in a LONG time to be playing these kind of bowl scenarios and to be mentioned with the likes of Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    _ SBC Conference Champ MUST go to the New Orleans Bowl, unless they are going to a BCS Bowl (that is my understanding). _
    I would have to guess that the winner's choice to play in whichever bowl came about with the agreement signed by the SBC with the respective bowls over last off-season, therefore would be different from previous years. I could be wrong, but that's what I figure happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    _ As a fan I would rather be celebrating the night in New Orleans. But, it might be better for the program and the University if the Cajuns can get into the St. Pete or Independence Bowl. Those two bowl have a million dollar payout and would likely have a opponent from a BCS conference. Whatever happens, it sure is nice to be talking about this and not looking ahead to basketball/baseball/softball. _

If UL gets invited to a bowl game, it is extremely important that we sell our allotment of tickets and have great attendance. Teams that travel well are always in demand and it says a lot about the program. For our first bowl game, I would hope it is close by so our fans can travel less expensively, thereby guaranteeing greater attendance. New Orleans, Shreveport or Houston would be the most ideal bowl sites from that perspective.

Ideally I would like to see the Cajuns in the Indy Bowl. I think that we would have a ton of fans there to support the Cajuns that are fans of other schools in the state. La Teck and ULM might have some fans show up to support the Cajuns. It would also put us up against a BCS team with a chance to make a statement right before the recruiting season ramps up. If we were to win the Indy Bowl then we may end up ranked in the final poll.

Wait? I thought we were gonna play LSU in the INdy bowl?

I don't care if all we get is the CaCaPooPoo Bowl, as long as we get one.

God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co.asp?CID=869629

man this shirts getting crazy. 1 game at a time, boys one game at a time

Z _
    I would prefer the NOLA Bowl but any Bowl is GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Whatever _

Jake as a Saint nothing happened, Jake as a Panther explodes upon the NFL. Humm?

In reality for almost any quality player a ride with the Saints is a ride into obscurity. In 31 years they have yet to place the first player into the hall of fame. That is why I would prefer to see T F running the ball almost anywhere else. He might get an even break.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ I reiterate.

Bud Adams blows. _

Maybe so, but the folks in Nashville have a different view.

Bud Adams told Houston what he needed to stay in Houston, gave them time to do it and they told him to blow which he did. Houston then paid ten time more to get a team that has yet to even do as well as the Oilers.

Sounds like sour grapes from a jilted lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ Jake as a Saint nothing happened, Jake as a Panther explodes upon the NFL. Humm?

In reality for almost any quality player a ride with the Saints is a ride into obscurity. In 31 years they have yet to place the first player into the hall of fame. That is why I would prefer to see T F running the ball almost anywhere else. He might get an even break. _
    Fenroy needs to get drafted by a zone blocking team. I think it would maximize what he does best (Slashing) but I guess we will see in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Fenroy needs to get drafted by a zone blocking team. I think it would maximize what he does best (Slashing) but I guess we will see in a couple months. _
    That would be Denver, and maybe just maybe if Brandon, and he are on the same team I could cheer for Denver. Granted I cheer for Brandon whenever he makes a catch. I seem to recall one in the other hated owners Super Bowl win. That guy asked Cleveland for a new stadium and they told him to blow, he did, and well the new Dawg Pond just ain't as successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ That would be Denver, and maybe just maybe if Brandon, and he are on the same team I could cheer for Denver. Granted I cheer for Brandon whenever he makes a catch. I seem to recall one in the other hated owners Super Bowl win. That guy asked Cleveland for a new stadium and they told him to blow, he did, and well the new Dawg Pond just ain't as successful. _
    Houston, Washington, and a few others have a zone scheme now. Not as good as Denver in their hayday but still Zone systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Houston, Washington, and a few others have a zone scheme now. Not as good as Denver in their hayday but still Zone systems. _
    Clutch, no matter where Fenroy goes I will own a jersey and I will cheer. You know this! Because YOU MY BOY FENROY!!! Whooo hooo!

So where is the CaCaPooPoo bowl, anyway? I thought it was in Shreveport, but I must have it mixed up with another bowl, perhaps???

Thread Information