Page 169 of 222 FirstFirst . 159 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 179 . LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Five questions for defensive line coach Gerald Broussard.

Five questions for defensive line coach Gerald Broussard.

How was practice the last two weeks?
    Broussard
    : "Practice has been very good. Guys are flying around, the intensity is there. Our execution is getting better every day. We came back Sunday after two days off and practiced hard with the right attitude.”

Talk about the exceptional effort of the defense against Arkansas State?
    Broussard
    : "The defense started to feel a sense of security with the offense putting up a lot of points. We knew that they were still going to do good things, but we were going to have to step-up our part a little more. The defense made the plays at the end of the game that helped us have a chance to win. It also helped that everyone kept talking about how ASU had the best defense in the Sun Belt.”

What is the driving force for this next game?
    Broussard
    : "It’s our next game. We’ve done a good job of taking them one at a time this season. It’s a big conference game against a team that is playing good football. They are not the same team we’ve seen in the past. They have been improving this season from game to game.”

What are some of the things that make FIU better?
    Broussard
    : "They have been running the ball effectively. The quarterback knows what they are trying to do offensively and they have some playmakers at wide receiver. The players understand their scheme and they try to do what they do best. I know they are going to be even better coming out of the bye week.”

FIU has won this season when they’ve protected the football, is that the key to the game?
    Broussard
    : “We need to have execution and effort. I hope that we don’t have to count on turnovers to win the game. We know that turnovers have hurt both teams this season. We strive to create turnovers (on defense) and protect the ball when we are on offense. You can’t count on turnovers to win the game, you will win with execution and effort.”

RaginCajuns.com

2. UL Football Official UL Injury Report

Official Louisiana Injury Report (as of Oct. 29, 2008):
    Seth Adams, DL (groin – doubtful)
    Orkeys Auriene, DB (shoulder – probable)
    Richard Brooks, LB (knee – out)
    Ian Burks, OL (back – probable)
    Jeremy Cook, DL (knee – doubtful)
    Michael Desormeaux, QB (knee – probable, upgraded from questionable)
    Chris Fisher, OL (ankle – probable)
    Junior Jean, DB (shoulder – out, downgraded from doubtful)
    Derik Keyes, DB (quad – probable)
    Jawanza Mitchell, WR (head – out)
    Maurice Rolle, DB (hip – probable)

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Glad you think so. We have a couple of guys waiting in the wings for next season (1 of them already has some good reps this year) who we expect to fill Fenroy's shoes quite nicely.

Would LOVE to see what he could do in a SAINTS uni, but not counting on it!!! _

Like Jake, I have too much respect for him to wish the Saints upon his career. Hears hoping he gets a chance at another team, any other team.

Default Re: Official UL Injury Report

Jeremy Cook will be missed. He provides key depth and intense play at the DE spot.

Default Re: Shreveport is gorgeous in December.

I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF FIU!

Does the Sunbelt winner have to accept the NO Bowl????? Why would us losing to Troy give us a better shot at a more prestigious bowl? If Troy wins out, I see them getting several other offers outside of the NO Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ Like Jake, I have too much respect for him to wish the Saints upon his career. Hears hoping he gets a chance at another team, any other team. _
    Whatever

8. Default Re: Shreveport is gorgeous in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co.asp?CID=869629

man this shirts getting crazy. 1 game at a time, boys one game at a time

Z _
    Next up FIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOCUS!!!!!
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

9. Default Re: Greetings from TROY

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ "Perhaps you can offer some insight on your instate rival, ULM".

Rival? Uh uh.

Insight? Typical Troy style football should get the job done. _

i'm sorry, i just assumed since they were in the 'Belt and in the same state that UL and ULM would be rivals.

i hear the Warhawks have had trouble filling their stands as of late. that's a shame, i always want our Sun Belt breathren to do well.but oh well, if I had to choose one of our Louisiana schools to do well i'd pick the Cajuns. One of these days I'm going to find a way to get ahold of a Ragin' Cajun t-shirt, I need something to wear when Troy is off.

Go Belt!

10. Default Re: Question

i'd love to see Fenroy in a Titans uniform, but I don't see that happening with Chris Johnson and LenDale White back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    _ i'd love to see Fenroy in a Titans uniform, but I don't see that happening with Chris Johnson and LenDale White back there. _
    I reiterate.

Bud Adams blows.

I also would love to see him play for Jeff Fisher.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON"T LET THE RAIDERS DRAFT HIM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As a fan I would rather be celebrating the night in New Orleans. But, it might be better for the program and the University if the Cajuns can get into the St. Pete or Independence Bowl. Those two bowl have a million dollar payout and would likely have a opponent from a BCS conference. Whatever happens, it sure is nice to be talking about this and not looking ahead to basketball/baseball/softball.

I just want to make a bowl, don't care when or which one. We have the best offense that no ones ever seen. Playing on national TV against a known team would be huge for the team. It would kind of be the icing for these seniors who have been on the roller coaster for 4 years.

Default Re: Official UL Injury Report

That's a ton of injuries considering we had a bye week.

Thread Information