Page 164 of 222 FirstFirst . 154 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 174 . LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Quarterback Club, ASU & FIU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ New article up. converting to this new platform is time-consuming, it's hard to turn out articles at the same time.

Also, Halloween Concert tonight. For those of you who have little ones, or who just want to go see a fun concert, don't miss it.

As always, more information available at:

_
    Thanks Fun.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Thanks Fun.

Z
    Thanks, guys.

BTW, notice the little shout-out Wingerter made for Pirogue's blog.

Thank you from a couple of Cajun fans in BR. We appreciate the news.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Thank you from a couple of Cajun fans in BR. We appreciate the news. _

Wait, you mean that no one from the BR Advocate was covering this event?

Seriously?

Z

Excellent article CF. This is one of my favorite ones that you have posted. I especially enjoyed the interview with Coach Wingerter. The part about building tradition and some of the team building and unity that we have going on. Great stuff!

The recruiting is good insight that we dont get to see in normal newspaper articles too. Just a question, I dont remember why, but whats the reason for having only 15 scholarships? Stuff just kinda melts together in my mind and I cant remember

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Quarterback Club, ASU & FIU

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Just a question, I dont remember why, but whats the reason for having only 15 scholarships? Stuff just kinda melts together in my mind and I cant remember _
    I think it has to do with the 85 limit and also due to the small senior class we have this year.

Default Re: Leslie Saloom named UL homecoming queen

_ Interesting.

I was just walking across campus, they were hosting a reception for the HC Court at the Alumni Center.

In addition to a Saloom as queen, Margo Huval's mother is also Lebanese. I spoke to them briefly as they walked up.

I can remember her parents bringing her to games when she was 6 years old, in a cheerleader outfit. She's not 6 years old any longer. _
    I assume the . is your way of being politically correct, being the gentleman I'm sure you are. She certainly is a stunning young woman to put it mildly.

_ Thanks, guys.

BTW, notice the little shout-out Wingerter made for Pirogue's blog. _
    Ditto on that, Fun. Good stuff. Loved Wingerter's comments on ringing up 728 on ULM. Plus the sledgehammer, hard hats, toolbox, and The Box. A little piece of soul goes a long way

Default Re: Leslie Saloom named UL homecoming queen

haha I find all of this funny because I am friends with Margo and I think she would freak out if she saw random people talking about her on a message board lol

10. UL Football Desormeaux Update

Wearing a specialty brace on his right knee, UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux returned to practice on Tuesday, working with the first-team offense.

The senior from New Iberia missed the Cajuns' 28-23 win over Arkansas State on Oct. 18 after spraining his right knee in the fourth quarter the previous week against North Texas.

Desormeaux did individual work during the team's previous two practices.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 29, 2008

11. UL Football CHAIN GANG: UL's offense keeps drives alive

The trick to finding success on the football field in third-down situations: be productive on first and second downs. So far this season, UL has enjoyed success on third down on both sides of the ball.

Going into Saturday's game against Florida International, the Ragin' Cajuns have converted 45.7 percent of their plays on third down (43-of-94). That leads the Sun Belt and ranks 27th in the nation.

"It's a matter of experience, but it's also a matter of practice," said UL wide receiver Richie Falgout, a sophomore who played at Lafayette High. "We practice it a lot to make sure we're where we need to be."

But there is still room for improvement.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 29, 2008

12. UL Football Opponent View: FIU running backs ready for play time

FIU is expected to have all three of its running backs ready to go when the Golden Panthers resume Sun Belt Conference play Saturday at Louisiana-Lafayette.

Julian Reams, who missed some practice time last week with a calf injury, was pronounced healthy by coach Mario Cristobal after Tuesday's practice. ''All of them are full go,'' Cristobal said. ``All three bring different things to the ball game and we need them all.''

The rest of the story

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Wait, you mean that no one from the BR Advocate was covering this event?

Seriously?

Z _
    Z, I wouldn't read it if it did. Wading through a few dozen oo-elle-elle's to read an article is not my idea of worthwhile enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I think it has to do with the 85 limit and also due to the small senior class we have this year. _
    I'm going out on a limb here and speculating but some unforseen event such as a career ending injury or less than acceptable academic success will likely claim a player or two. Something usually does.

Who expected Dion Wallace's scholarship to be available this year? I didn't.

15. Default Greetings from TROY

Hello my friends,

I like to come by from time to time just to touch base with my second favorite Belt team, the mighty Ragin Cajuns. Now, each week I look anxiously to see if your boys have pulled off another W. I've been extremely pleased with all of your success on the field this year. Outstanding job putting ASU away, I was nervous for yall on that one. Your QB is top notch, Fenroy is a beast. I'm very nervous about our game with yall this year. Of course, I will be pulling against you game week against us, but let's not let that come between us. I hope the University of Louisiana wins every single game but against my Trojans. We BOTH need to make it to bowls this season and I think this is the year to do it.

Anyways, I'd like to extend a formal invitation to www.gotroytrojans.com/forums to each and every one of you. We'd love to share some friendly conversation with all of you. Perhaps you can offer some insight on your instate rival, ULM. Once again, please stop by and say hello, we'd love you have you.

Go 'Belt!

Thread Information