Page 162 of 222 FirstFirst . 152 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 172 . LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Desormeaux back at practice, Keyes out

UL starting quarterback Mike Desormeaux took part in individual drills during Wednesday's practice.

The senior from New Iberia missed last week's 28-23 win over Arkansas State with a sprained right knee.

Desormeaux is the nation's top rushing quarterback and 10th overall at 118 yards per game. He leads the Sun Belt and is 13th overall in total offensive yards per game (297.3) and has accounted for 11 touchdowns this season.

The rest of the story

By JOSHUA PARROTT • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 22, 2008

2. UL Football Power Rankings Against the Spread

15) Louisiana (6-1) - Troy sits atop the Sun Belt standings, but the Ragin' Cajuns are the ones making the most noise in the conference. UL-L has covered six-straight games and is riding the No. 8 offense in the country. This team is No. 1 in the nation in rushing and a few years from now you're going to be drafting some guy named Tyrell Fenroy in the NFL Fantasy Draft. And when one of your buddies asks you who he is, you tell them he's a Cajun. UL-L has a week off before a tricky game with FIU next week.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Desormeaux back at practice, Keyes out

Looks like Des should be fine by next week. This is great news! I hope Keyes can get better. With a deep bruise it should just be a matter of time. So hopefully, by next wednesday we should be seeing him practice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Looks like Des should be fine by next week. This is great news! I hope Keyes can get better. With a deep bruise it should just be a matter of time. So hopefully, by next wednesday we should be seeing him practice as well. _
    Very good news indeed.

_ Looks like Des should be fine by next week. This is great news! I hope Keyes can get better. With a deep bruise it should just be a matter of time. So hopefully, by next wednesday we should be seeing him practice as well. _

I had a deep, deep bruise from an auto accident, and I have had problems in that leg due to the bruise since 1968. Of course I did not have the modern and intensive therapy of today and football players in particular. All I am saying is a bruise can be far more damaging than some might think, and take a lot longer to heal as well. It all depends on the severity and treatment.

6. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Desormeaux back at practice, Keyes out

I got a deep thigh bruise last year playing basketball, and I wasn't right for a month. Depending on the severity, I wouldn't expect Keyes back for next week's game. Those things are brutal.

I was riding by the athletic complex this morning and Des was taking a morning jog with a bunch of other guys from the team. He should be fine for the next game.

Default Re: SuperFenroy

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ I'll keep the second one.

(Can't stand that stupidhead Hot Wheels logo. )

Thanks! _
    Changed the logo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. UL Football LB McCoy is grateful for the opportunity to play

UL linebacker Daylon McCoy was grateful for his opportunity to start in last week's 28-23 win over Arkansas State at Cajun Field.

The sophomore, a converted safety, started his second game this season and first since the season opener at Southern Miss. The Cajuns had already lost three starting linebackers this season, including Grant Fleming and Richard Brooks to season-ending knee injuries.

"I'm just glad I got a chance to do that," McCoy said. "I hate that we lost those three linebackers, but (linebackers) coach (Tim) Rebowe tells us every day that somebody has to step up."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 24, 2008

10. Default Falgout-Aubrey Flashback

When the timing proved to be right, UL dug into its playbook and found the perfect play last week against Arkansas State.

The Ragin' Cajuns trailed 10-0 at the time midway through the second quarter. On the first play of their second drive in the period, running back Tyrell Fenroy ran for 52 yards down to Arkansas State's 18-yard line. After Fenroy was stopped for no gain on the next play, UL called a time out to set up the trick play.

Out of the shotgun formation, quarterback Brad McGuire ran to his right and pitched the ball to wide receiver Jason Chery. He then tossed it back to wide receiver Richie Falgout.

Falgout, a sophomore who grew up playing quarterback before changing positions at Lafayette High, fired the ball to tight end Luke Aubrey in the right corner of the end zone. The 18-yard scoring strike pulled the Cajuns closer at 10-7.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 24, 2008

11. Ragin' Cajuns Re: My pics from ASU@UL game

Got some pics on Facebook from the football games so far. Nothing great, although it does show the games from a bander's (a word my little brother made up) point of view.

http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.ph.71&id=47907792

Default Re: LB McCoy is grateful for the opportunity to play

Young'uns Daylon and Brad stepped up big time in this game.

Sweet!

13. UL Football UL in mix of interesting race

Coming into this football season, UL coach Rickey Bustle talked about how any team in the Sun Belt Conference could win the league championship.

Seven games into 2008, Bustle's opinion remains unchanged.

UL, which went 3-9 a season ago, needed a fourth-quarter rally last week to edge past Arkansas State, 28-23. That kept the Cajuns (4-3 overall, 3-0 Sun Belt) tied atop the conference standings with Troy (4-2, 3-0).

Arkansas State and Florida International have one league loss apiece. ULM and defending conference champion Florida Atlantic both have two losses. North Texas and Middle Tennessee have already lost three games in conference play.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 25, 2008

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL in mix of interesting race

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Derrick Smith, a senior wide receiver, reminds UL fans to slow down on the post-season projections.
    "Right now, it's FIU," Smith said. "That's who we are focusing on. That's who is important and the next team in our way to winning the conference."

"All the coaches are preaching that hard," said redshirt freshman quarterback Brad McGuire. "FIU is all we're thinking about.
    "If we just take care of us and worry about one game at a time, the bowl games and everything else will work itself out."

"Troy is going to be a team to beat, but we're not worrying about them yet," said senior wide receiver Jason Chery. "That's a long way away for us. FIU is the next team we have to worry about. Everybody else in the conference is stepping up their game, so we have to step up our game. With any little slip-up we can lose a game at any time.
    "So we're not taking anybody lightly. We're going to play our game and keep our goal in mind - and that's to win the conference."

attitudes like that might just make this a special season.

Z

Default Re: UL in mix of interesting race

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Joshua--

Good article. One correction: We did not win the Big West Conference chamiponship outright in 1994, it was a three-way tie, which is why we didn't get to the Las Vegas Bowl. Same for 1993.

Our last outright championship was the 1970 team, when we were in the Gulf States Conference.

In fact, I think that was our only outright football conference championship in the history of the school.

Thread Information