Page 161 of 222 FirstFirst . 151 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 171 . LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In 2005 the Sun Belt regular season created a 3-way tie for the Sun Belt Title. Each team had the same Sun Belt record and the 3 teams involved had overlapping victories. UL beat ULM, ULM beat ASU, and ASU beat UL.
    I seem to recall that was a game (among many games) that we sort of "donated" to Arkie St.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ I was at that Houston win and this past win against Ark. st. and both were tremendous wins, but did not have the high stakes needed to be a Big Win!. I believe the Biggest Win of the Bustle era has not come yet, but could be this year!

Geaux UL! _
    Having to play and beat a really good ASU team with newcomer RS frosh QB Brad McGuire at the helm is B-I-G. He did a remarkable job.

I don't care how you slice it - it's B-I-G.

_ In 2005 the Sun Belt regular season created a 3-way tie for the Sun Belt Title. Each team had the same Sun Belt record and the 3 teams involved had overlapping victories. UL beat ULM, ULM beat ASU, and ASU beat UL.

Fact is you do not have to be bowl eligible to be Sun Belt Champion. "You do not have to be bowl eligible to be Sun Belt Champion." Still, that didn't stop them from skipping over all possible 3-way tie breakers. They looked at the ending before considering the beginning.

Chronologically you determine a Conference Champion and normally they waltz into a particular bowl game. Instead they backwards engineered the bowl representative by 1st looking at the ultimate goal (a bowl game)

Because ULM was not bowl eligible the Sunbelt created a FAKE 2-way tie to determine the Sun Belt Champ the Sun Belt's mistake was in determining a Bowl representative BEFORE they determined a Sun Belt Champion. _
    If the Sun Belt would have considered ULM eligible for a conference championship, would we then have won the 3 way tie?

I'm not sure if we all had overlapping victories against each other, such as 2005, what the next step would be to break the tie, but if you look at points scored by each team against conference opponents, we had that head up against ULM and ASU.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/confer.belt&year=2005

_ I was at that Houston win and this past win against Ark. st. and both were tremendous wins, but did not have the high stakes needed to be a Big Win!. I believe the Biggest Win of the Bustle era has not come yet, but could be this year!

Geaux UL! _
    If we win in two weeks to bring us to 5-3 then I will go out on a limb and say the UTEP game will be the biggest game of the Bustle era along with every game after that one.

First things first, WE MUST WIN AGAINST FIU!!!!!!

5. Default Re: Extra Large: Numbers don't lie — the Ragin' Cajuns own the big play

I can't wait to watch 30,000 watch the Snare Drum Express at the 1000th game.

'Snare Drum' a nickname I can spell with the letters in Desormeaux-Fenroy . . .

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Extra Large: Numbers don't lie — the Ragin' Cajuns own the big play

_ I can't wait to watch 30,000 watch the Snare Drum Express at the 1000th game.

'Snare Drum' a nickname I can spell with the letters in Desormeaux-Fenroy . . . _
    I've always thought of it as The Swamp. Screw Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Having to play and beat a really good ASU team with newcomer RS frosh QB Brad McGuire at the helm is B-I-G. He did a remarkable job.

I don't care how you slice it - it's B-I-G. _
    I agree! I'm not taking anthing away from that game this past Saturday. It was fantastic. But, it is not the BIG win I'm looking for. I want more! I want there to be no doubt. When we win BIG, it will be first, the game that propels us to a Bowl game. Then, the next BIG win, is winning a Bowl game!. THAT WILL BE BIG! Until those goals are met, all wins with Coach Bustle are nice, fun, exciting, great and are meaningful, etc, but will lack that punch that makes it "The Biggest win of the Bustle Era!"

I also hope that one day, we will have many to debate over which win is his biggest, but I haven't seen it yet.

Geaux UL!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ If we win in two weeks to bring us to 5-3 then I will go out on a limb and say the UTEP game will be the biggest game of the Bustle era along with every game after that one.

First things first, WE MUST WIN AGAINST FIU!!!!!! _
    Why would UTEP be a big win? If we can beat FIU and FAU wouldn't the Troy game put us in the New Orleans bowl? Wouldn't that be the greatest win? It is so fun to be talking about Cajun football in late October.

_ I agree! I'm not taking anthing away from that game this past Saturday. It was fantastic. But, it is not the BIG win I'm looking for. I want more! I want there to be no doubt. When we win BIG, it will be first, the game that propels us to a Bowl game. Then, the next BIG win, is winning a Bowl game!. THAT WILL BE BIG! Until those goals are met, all wins with Coach Bustle are nice, fun, exciting, great and are meaningful, etc, but will lack that punch that makes it "The Biggest win of the Bustle Era!"

I also hope that one day, we will have many to debate over which win is his biggest, but I haven't seen it yet.

Geaux UL! _
    I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from. I think this is about the biggest win in the Bustle era SO FAR. To this point in time. Obviously any win that clinches a championship and a bowl berth is far bigger, but we haven't gotten there yet. I have to say that, in my view, this last game is the biggest one for Bustle SO FAR. I say that based on the importance of the game and the injury situation. There was a lot of pressure on the team and coaching staff to win this game. It was basically a "must win" game in the scheme of this year's SBC race. In the past, we've usually fallen flat in such circumstances. This was a BIG win. Having said that, any let down in the games leading up to the Troy game will likely undo the importance of the Arkansas State win.

UL Football My pics from ASU@UL game

I'd like to share my pictures from the ASU game on Saturday that I took.

http://ragincajuns.shutterfly.com/

It should be the first album listed.

11. Ragin' Cajuns Re: My pics from ASU@UL game

Good pics, mind if I save a few of the ones of the band?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: My pics from ASU@UL game

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    Good pics, mind if I save a few of the ones of the band?
    I can send you the full-res ones if you'd like. Send me a PM with your email.

13. Default When opportunity knocks, UL reserves answer

When it mattered most, UL got contributions from some unexpected sources in last week's thrilling comeback victory over Arkansas State.

Running back Tyrell Fenroy made the biggest statistical impact in the 28-23 win, rushing for 128 of the team's 189 yards. The senior scored on a 9-yard run with 42 seconds left to put the Ragin' Cajuns up for good.

"The team faced some adversity," Fenroy said. "But we made the plays on offense and defense to be able to come back."

And a handful of those plays were made by some of UL's lesser-known players in a critical game that kept the Cajuns (4-3 overall, 3-0 Sun Belt) tied atop the league standings with Troy.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 22, 2008

Ragin' Cajuns Re: My pics from ASU@UL game

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ I'd like to share my pictures from the ASU game on Saturday that I took.

http://ragincajuns.shutterfly.com/

It should be the first album listed. _
    Thanks, I downloaded a few. Do you have any touchdown pictures of the players of previous games.
    GEAUX CAJUNS

15. UL Football Class in session for young UL quarterback

UL quarterback Brad McGuire cringed more than a couple times earlier this week when he first watched film of Saturday's 28-23 win over Arkansas State.

McGuire - making his first career start as starter Mike Desormeaux nursed a sprained right knee - threw two interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown midway through the fourth quarter. But the redshirt freshman led the Ragin' Cajuns (4-3 overall, 3-0 Sun Belt) on two scoring drives in the final 4:16 to remain tied atop the league standings with Troy.

Despite those last-minute heroics, McGuire saw plenty of things he needed to improve, especially on the zone-read option. He passed for 106 yards and two interceptions and ran 27 times for 54 yards and two scores against the conference's top run defense and scoring defense.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 23, 2008

Thread Information