Page 158 of 222 FirstFirst . 148 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 168 . LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: 2 more wins to become bowl eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcobra View Post
    _ although obviously any bowl would be nice, i think anything less than the N.O. bowl would be disappointing. the reason i say that is because, right now, we are in control. Therefore, if we dont make it to new orleans, its because we slipped up. i think if we take it one game at a time, and keep playing defense, we should win every game left on the schedule. _
    Interesting name you have.

I was looking at Fenroy with his big neck collar and he sorta looks like a hooded cobra always ready to strike an unlucky victim.

Default Re: Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcobra View Post
    _ killing ULM a couple years ago to win sun belt championship was the biggest win to me _
    I don't consider that season a Sun Belt Championship for the team. They were not the ultimate champion, as someone else played in the New Orleans Bowl.

Default Re: SuperFenroy

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    _ Removed a dude and added a logo. _
    Chop that other bonehead out toothe one that is brimming with excitement on the score.

Here's the one I captured. The lighting's not great at the field. I find it extremely hard to get good pics in general after sunset.

The two worst colors in a uniform for pictures is either black or white. When you add very dark or light skin complexions, as well as a background with highlights or shadows, it takes a great deal of expertise to get a good pic.that's why I'm merely a hobbyist.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    Removed a dude and added a logo.
    I'll keep the second one.

(Can't stand that stupidhead Hot Wheels logo. )

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    FAU has some kind of massive head case going on. The football talent is there from last season but they aren't playing like it. Maybe Coach Schnellenberger is more focused on FAU going to the Big East than the task at hand.

Now, the Fowls could shake it off at any time and play havoc with somebody else's season. Here's hoping it isn't us.
    Hate to say it, but it's also possible Schnelleberger climbed back in the bottle.

7. Default

To bad both of these announcements didn't come out over the summer,

Default Re: Tailgating Spots Available

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ To bad both of these announcements didn't come out over the summer, _
    Better late than never

9. Default Re: Tailgating Spots Available

I have been stating for years that the Beamer model dictated a big year this year.

The powers that be HAD to know the demand would be there.

Bottom line if you don't read message boards . . . you are dumber for it

jmo

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Holding? What holding? There's a penalty for that? I didn't see the refs call it all night (well, maybe a time or 2). "I am shocked, SHOCKED, to hear that there is gambl. er, HOLDING going on in a football game!"

That is a nice shot! _
    LOL! Our guy was holding but hey no call no foul!

Default Re: Tailgating Spots Available

I was wrong. The grass area in the north end are for sale. 30x30 area

12. Default Re: Tailgating Spots Available

20 Rv Spots and 20 tree spots (4 per tree) perhaps a few more.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ I told my wife after the game not to make any plans on November 22nd because we are going to Troy, Alabama. I checked on travelocity and it shows 8 hotels with 2 already sold out that weekend. The town's only about 15,000 people or so and I see nothing else close by when those rooms fill up. If the next 2 games go well, we'll want a good showing in Troy. Looks like those of us planning to go will need to plan early. _
    The team is staying in Montgomery, about an hour away. There will be plenty of hotels there.

14. Default

2005: If the Sun Belt hadn't eliminated ULM from SB championship consideration UL would have been in the New Orleans bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I don't consider that season a Sun Belt Championship for the team. They were not the ultimate champion, as someone else played in the New Orleans Bowl.
    igeaux.mobi

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: My Game Thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Wow!!!!! Great game!!! We had so much going against us but still this team fought hard and pulled it out.

McGuire made mistakes like any freshman would going against a good defense but he stepped up and made big things happen when he needed to. I have to say after watching him tonight that he runs just like Jerry Babb. I don't think he will invite the hit like Desmo does but he made plays with his feet when he needed to and ran a pretty good zone read. He has a stronger arm than I thought he did as well but his passing skills will develop more with time.

Fenroywhat is there to say that hasn't been said he is amazing to watch and the only bad thing I see is that I won't be able to see him in vermilion and white next season.

The defense played their balls off tonight and I can't say enough good things about them. They held a pretty good offense to 16 pts tonight (i know they scored 23 but 7 was from the pick 6) Bentley and Auriene will be special corners for us in the future. ____ what am I saying they already are.

I was jacked this entire game but nothing compares to how jacked Cook and Davis were during and after the game. The intensity these 2 play with is incredible and I love watching them play.

There is so much more I would like to say but I am going to bed! _
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching the teams actions on Saturday. While they were intense, they always seemed relaxed. They knew what they had to do, and they did it. During the Cajun Walk, they were focused, but relaxed. When they came out of the tunnel, they gathered and had a few words, and then ran onto the field. During the game, when things were tight, they never lost focus. And after the final pass was batted down, just to see them all run onto the field, and then run over to the student side and enjoy the moment, was great. These are all things I haven't noticed from the players in this program before. They are playing with confidence, and acting like they aren't taking this for granted. They also seem to be taking a very business like approach to the season, which is obviously working out well.

I'm not sure who the Defense thinks they are, but they forgot they were supposed to play like crap. For the losses they've suffered this season, they picked a great time to have their best performance of the year. I love Aurienne and Bentley, and the fact that those two play such great coverage as young guys, will make some of our front 7 All SBC guys in the future.

B Mac was great. He made some mistakes that you can expect a guy in his position to make. When he threw the INT in the 4th, I was watching him stare down the reciever the whole time and knew it wasn't going to turn out well. But, as we all know, while he made the mistakes of a freshman, he showed the poise of a 4 year starter and led the team to victory. And what's even better, is that he's got plenty of time to correct those mistakes before his next start, instead of having to learn on the fly like Des did in 2005. I expect him to be a big part of this program for years to come.

Thread Information