Page 156 of 222 FirstFirst . 146 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 166 . LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Next: FIU football team gets hard lesson at Troy

TROY, Ala. -- As FIU trudged toward its locker room at Movie Gallery Stadium after its 33-23 loss to Troy on Saturday night, a crowd of Trojans fans gave the Golden Panthers a round of applause and shouted several words of encouragement.

The Troy faithful were overheard saying: ''Y'all have gotten much better since last year. Keep it up.'' They also said: ``With the way you guys are improving, we'll be walking into a hornets nest next year at your new stadium.''

In past seasons, the Golden Panthers (3-4, 2-1 Sun Belt) would have welcomed such accolades.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    FAU is the least of our worries they have lost 2 conference games already
    Does that mean they can't beat us and keep us out of New Orleans??

Default Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ We have the makings of a stud D,no doubt about it. This D is vastly upgraded from last year's mainly by attitude, growth and offseason preparation and the addition of a couple of guys like Bentley, D. Brooks and Keys. However, they have given up a lot of points and yards so I won't annoint them as the second coming of the steel curtain but we certainly have some pieces in place for a great D for the next several years. _

Defense played great, but let's not forget for the most part no pressure on the quarterback, important stupid penalties on ASU devastated them when they had golden opportunities to score, easy catchable passes dropped that were delivered on target by their QB. So yes we played better, but they had a big hand in their own defeat. But in the past we have stolen defeat from the jaws of victory so I take their penalties, dropped passes with pleasure.

Default Re: 2 more wins to become bowl eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Sorry guys, but at this point, the way THIS TEAM is playing, anything LESS than 7 wins must be considered UNACCEPTABLE!! Every single game left on this schedule is winnable. The CAJUNS absolutlely should finish 5-0 at home and I easily see them winning at least 1 more road game. _
    I also think any talk of things like bowls is completely premature. I know it is just fans having fun. However, I like to think of things the way coaches should. Focus this week should be on getting healthy and fundamentals. Next week focus should be on preparing for FIU. Nothing else should be in the mindset. Looking ahead is how you dreams are prevented from coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I honestly was confident that we would win. I didn't think we would win this type of game only giving up 16 pts on defense but I did think we would win this. I felt something different with this team and didn't think they would except losing and that was the case. _
    We only gave up 13 points on defense. The first field goal by ASU was set up by an interception.

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    _ Big thanks to Gerald & Kevinseems headed in the right direction _

Yeah, it takes two unassuming, low-key folks like them to ignite a defense.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Does that mean they can't beat us and keep us out of New Orleans?? _
    I think he means it is nearly impossible for FAU to have a title shot, not that it isn't possible that they can beat us.

Does that mean they can't beat us and keep us out of New Orleans?? _
    FAU has some kind of massive head case going on. The football talent is there from last season but they aren't playing like it. Maybe Coach Schnellenberger is more focused on FAU going to the Big East than the task at hand.

Now, the Fowls could shake it off at any time and play havoc with somebody else's season. Here's hoping it isn't us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    Defense played great, but let's not forget for the most part no pressure on the quarterback, important stupid penalties on ASU devastated them when they had golden opportunities to score, easy catchable passes dropped that were delivered on target by their QB. So yes we played better, but they had a big hand in their own defeat. But in the past we have stolen defeat from the jaws of victory so I take their penalties, dropped passes with pleasure. _
    Not taking anything away for a fantastic performance by the Cajuns by any means but it was good to watch somebody else shooting themselves in the foot like that for a change. I've lost track of the number of games we've lost playing the way Ark St did. It was particularly the dropped balls considering how much time Leonard had to pick up his receivers.

Default Re: Tis the night for Bustle and the Cajuns to take the great leap!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ I think you're right. I was at that TAMU game in '96 as well, That was an exhilarating game, but that was mostly because no one thought we had a chance to win and that made it unexpected.
    Don Allen did not offer to shave his head if he didn't think we were going to win!

UL Football Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Well, you can't tell me you were that much more confident that we'd win with all of the injuries. Nobody that follows this team could tell me they fet extremely confident that we'd be in this position without 4 LB's. I truly didn't expect for us to win especially with a RS Freshman at QB but the D really stepped up and played well tonight. This team has great character! _
    I agree with you, who wooda thunk!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Jay, put all the pieces together, and things did not look bright. He knew Dez was not gonna play, I did not know that, until game day when I asked a UL Trainer if he was gonna play. Evidently, his sprained knee was a big concern. SO hats off to ALL the Cajun Players and STAFF

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ FAU has some kind of massive head case going on. The football talent is there from last season but they aren't playing like it. Maybe Coach Schnellenberger is more focused on FAU going to the Big East than the task at hand.

Now, the Fowls could shake it off at any time and play havoc with somebody else's season. Here's hoping it isn't us. _
    Well it ain't going to be Troy as they demolished FAU. Folks there is one sure way to get to the New Orleans Bowl. Beat FIU, Troy, FAU. Then Middle would be a nice season ender but really the next three wins it. It will be very difficult to beat any of these teams, especially Troy, and FAU on the road.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ I would say lack of officials. They can's see the damn holding until the last three minutes of the game. _
    FRENCHIE, AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH. ASU, could have set a conference or NCAA record for penalities if the zebras had opened their eyes. Our conference officials in all sports SUX period. It ain't just us either but all Sunbelt games get the bottom barrell officials.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ FRENCHIE, AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH. ASU, could have set a conference or NCAA record for penalities if the zebras had opened their eyes. Our conference officials in all sports SUX period. It ain't just us either but all Sunbelt games get the bottom barrell officials.

GEAUX CAJUNS _

There was one glaring miss by an official on a huge pass by the Wolves. Picture the official at two o'clock, our guy the middle of the clock, a Red Wolf with outstretched arms grabbing our lineman between the official, the UL defensive player, and the quarterback who is at eight o'clock. How could he miss that?

_ Does that mean they can't beat us and keep us out of New Orleans?? _
    Not that they can't beat us just the least of our worries as far as winning the conference. They shot themselves in the foot early in their conference season. It would take a complete melt down but us, Troy, FIU and Ark State for them to get back into the race.

Thread Information