Page 154 of 222 FirstFirst . 144 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 164 . LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: 2 more wins to become bowl eligible.

I could handle going to the bowl in St. Pete. Sleeper would be willing to show us around town

Default Re: Tis the night for Bustle and the Cajuns to take the great leap!

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I agree, it was easily the most enjoyable Cajun game I've ever been to (including TAMU). The perfect weather, intense play by UL, and much improved game logistics made it great. Oh yea, and the win. _
    I think you're right. I was at that TAMU game in '96 as well, That was an exhilarating game, but that was mostly because no one thought we had a chance to win and that made it unexpected. No pressure. Last night, there was a lot of pressure against a quality opponent. Most everyone felt we had a good chance to win, but certainly no gimme. With all of the team depletions, we had a lot to overcome. Then in the fourth quarter, with all that adversity and the weight of so many disappointing "big games", the team found a way to dig deep and perform an amazing comeback! That was the gutsiest win I've ever seen the Cajuns come up with, bar none, in my 35 years of attending UL games! Makes me proud of the players, coaches, and staff for showing their Ragin' Cajun pride!

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I think I'd prefer to see us in the New Orleans Bowl since it would mean we would be the SBC Champs.
    Not to mention that in N.O. we would have about 20K Cajuns fans screaming their heads off.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Not to mention that in N.O. we would have about 20K Cajuns fans screaming their heads off. _
    Hey, Fun, thanks for the ticket last night! Great viewing spot for the gutsiest win in UL history! It actually wasn't too far from where I sat for the TAMU game! But this one was better. I 'preciate your generosity!

Default Re: 3rd Conversions. ASU 4 of 14. UL 8 of 15.

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    _ Great Job! How many of our defensive standouts are freshman and sophomores? Auriene and Bentley may be the next DBs to make it to the NFL. _

This D has quite a few Sophs and should be a super solid bunch for the next couple of years. Brooks, Bentley, Dean, and Douglas along with Richard and Kyron Benoit are all Freshmen and Fleming, McCoy, Richardson, Aurienne are sophs. Also, look for Rodney Gillis, Devon Lewis and Jesse Broadnax to play a vital role next year as well. This unit has the makings of a great D.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Richie Falgout

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRash View Post
    _
    That kid must be from Vermilion Parish or some other cradle of football greatness. HA! _
    Yep, pretty close. Actually his dad is.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ This D has quite a few Sophs and should be a super solid bunch for the next couple of years. Brooks, Bentley, Dean, and Douglas along with Richard and Kyron Benoit are all Freshmen and Fleming, McCoy, Richardson, Aurienne are sophs. Also, look for Rodney Gillis, Devon Lewis and Jesse Broadnax to play a vital role next year as well. This unit has the makings of a great D. _
    We only lose three or four guys off of the defensive rotation for next year.

Default Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFreak View Post
    _ WE HAVE A DEFENSE!!! _

We have the makings of a stud D,no doubt about it. This D is vastly upgraded from last year's mainly by attitude, growth and offseason preparation and the addition of a couple of guys like Bentley, D. Brooks and Keys. However, they have given up a lot of points and yards so I won't annoint them as the second coming of the steel curtain but we certainly have some pieces in place for a great D for the next several years.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Richie Falgout

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRash View Post
    _ the red bulls had that play sniffed out.and Falgout had two defenders all up in his Kool-Aid when he threw that pass. It was nice.

That kid must be from Vermilion Parish or some other cradle of football greatness. HA! _
    Lafayette High, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ We only lose three or four guys off of the defensive rotation for next year. _

We lose Keyes. I wish we could keep him as he is one of my favorite players of recent memory. I love his attitude and I think he's the leader on D with Zanders. We MAY lose Zanders but last I heard, he was on track to graduate which would put him regaining his last year! We lose Lanier Coleman who I also love due to his work ethic and attitude but we have a lot of depth at DT so I'm not as concerned. I really believe we will only lose 3 guys with Scooter Rogers also gone but again, with the talented depth and young studs in Aurienne and Bentley for years to come and guys like Rodney Gillis coming up, we will have some nice depth there also.

Default Re: UL vs. ASU Final Play- Raw Video

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate View Post
    _ I thought those of you who were not at the game tonight might like to see the video I took of the final play of the game. Oh, that's Max, my 9 year old nephew and a certified rabid Ragin Cajun fan, at the end of the video.

_
    Max is down with it! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Default Re: Richie Falgout

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ Yep, pretty close. Actually his dad is. _
    I knew it! I believe 90% of the NFL HOF can trace ancestry back to Verm Parish in some form or fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I was on the hill on that endzone and I was crapping my pants! haha _
    I know! I was saying before the play that I didn't think Leonard had the arm to get it into the end zone. But he darn near threw out of the end zone! I had to take a deep breath until I saw the incomplete signal! Then let out a Ragin' Cajun Roar!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate View Post
    _ I thought those of you who were not at the game tonight might like to see the video I took of the final play of the game. Oh, that's Max, my 9 year old nephew and a certified rabid Ragin Cajun fan, at the end of the video.

_
    Aside from Max, the coolest thing about the vid was seeing everyone raise their hands in unison A victory celebration as the ball fell harmlessly to the turf!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    _ I could handle going to the bowl in St. Pete. Sleeper would be willing to show us around town _
    Would you want Sleeper as a guide??? LOL
    Where's mah boy Justin at?

Thread Information