Page 153 of 222 FirstFirst . 143 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 163 . LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: McGuire shows grit after pick

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    _ At 7:39 left, Brad had thrown 2 pics and served up 3 others that should have been picked. Depair for sure; and then he threw strikes to keep the winning drive alive. I love when he can throw downfield. Not too sure about the flats. Gritty runner and kept his cool. Good outing for his first start. Falgout has a pretty good record for passing. 3-3 with 3 TDs. Nice touch.
    Fun game, Mr. Destin. Do you know a good heart doctor. I'm still trying to get mine started. _
    I was a bit surprised we did not try to go deep downfield more with Brad back there. Of course, that takes time to develop and Brad wasn't getting much of that last night.

UL Football 2 more wins to become bowl eligible.

With FIU,UTEP,FAU,Troy,and MTSU left on the schedule. It would be nice to see us 6-6 but I had us going 8-4 some people said I smoking that stuff. on www.espn.com Mark Schlabach has us playing UConn in the St. Petersburg Bowl. Enjoy the bye week get ready for homecoming against FIU the 1000th game.

Default Re: Shame on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Well, it's like Bustle said in the paper, there's been no well-defined turning point.
    Somewhere along the line we've found a great new attitude on defense. Coaching? I also think we're reaching a point where we can overcome "killer type" mistakes and still win. Experience?

I'm reminded it was just 2 years ago we were sitting in relatively the same position when we took on MT on Homecoming and laid an ostrich egg. Something tells me I won't see a rerun of that game but obviously FIU is not a team this season the Cajuns can play poorly against and still triumph. If we're hungry, FIU must be twice as hungry.

All that said, I can't wait for the next one on Nov 1.

Here's hoping the bandwagon is overloaded.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Anyone here coming to the realization that the much maligned 2008 recruiting class might be the most "underrated" in UL history?
    Come on, NO 3, 4, 5 star players?

Look at the guys having to contribute. Hopefully 2009 can have as many great kids a
    as the Scout #108 rated class had!!!!

http://louisiana.scout.com/a.z?s=345&p=9&c=14&yr=2008 _
    yeah, right. it's amazing that a kid we recruit is considered a 2-star. let the same kid sign with a bcs program, and i guarantee he becomes a 4-star. call us "the no-name defense' a la the old dolphins' defense.

Default Re: McGuire shows grit after pick

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    Fun game, Mr. Destin. Do you know a good heart doctor. I'm still trying to get mine started.
    I tell you what, if the Cajuns keep this stuff up, UL better station a few dozen cardiologists onsite. I could have used a session on a heart/lung machine first when the refs called back Fenroy's catch and run for the first down and then when McGuire came back from that and hit Smith with that pass.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post

Here's hoping the bandwagon is overloaded. _
    and with plenty of burgers to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    and with plenty of burgers to sell!
    Still no BBQ burgers. The new folks running the show must not have them.

Default Re: It's Official.

[QUOTE Rickey's got alot of negatives but you've got to give him credit for getting players, not kids on the field. I mean to have back up linebackers and a QB playing the way they did tonight. That's good recruiting. I don't think you can deny that. We are bigger, faster, and stronger than any Cajun team we've seen in the past 10-15 years. I got a chance to see some of these guys up close and they are men. period. _
    [/QUOTE]
    So, what are his negatives? Appears to me that he is "minding the store" rather well.

Default Re: 2 more wins to become bowl eligible.

I think I'd prefer to see us in the New Orleans Bowl since it would mean we would be the SBC Champs.

Default Re: Condolences on the (d)EARLY Departed!!!

I do look forward to watching another games with Desormeaux is back in. Hopefully in two weeks he will be back and I will attend the homecoming game.

I promise not to leave early.

Default Re: Defense flexes its muscle

They looked real good on the last couple of drives.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Still no BBQ burgers. The new folks running the show must not have them. _
    Just bring in your own sauce .

Default Re: TE in the flats??????

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I didn't see this thread until just now. correct. very bad play for a RS Fresh QB to pull off. It requires a great deal of field feel and game time speed recognition. You do not allow. I didn't say advise or option. you do not ALLOW an inexperienced QB to have the option of a route runner in the flats like that. It was unnecessary. I will bet any amount anyone wants to waiger that if we have Brad back in sometime this year. he will not be tossing one in the flats. That play will not be seen, this year, by Brad, Chris or any other young QB.

MD probably has the feel for when/if to pull that trigger in the flats. but it should never be included unless there are matchup miscues on defense or we are down and are trying anything to get moving on offense. It may have a big play upside. but it is the death blow pick 6 of all pass plays.

Great win. good stuff. tremendous defense. lots of fun at Cajun Field! _
    Great time! Hey, J1M, good to meet you and your sidekick!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Ya'll need to come spend more time with us in two weeks. Drag "the brick" out earlier, bring a few chairs and we are set.
    That Cajun wrap thingy was excellent.

Z _
    Yeah, that was good! Thanks for the IPA. I wish I could've gotten there earlier. One of these days I will get out to the Eauxk and KdC much, much earlier! Appreciate the hospitality of both groups! Hey is that Ksip photo going up anytime soon?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Yeah, that was good! Thanks for the IPA. I wish I could've gotten there earlier. One of these days I will get out to the Eauxk and KdC much, much earlier! Appreciate the hospitality of both groups! Hey is that Ksip photo going up anytime soon? _
    Thats Frenchie's deal. If he post em', you'll see em! Be there for homecoming! 4pm game, we'll have to start 2 hours earlier.930 am sounds great!!!

Z

Thread Information