Page 152 of 222 FirstFirst . 142 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 162 . LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Starting to feel like a special team.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I'm glad we are playing FIU and not Troy after the break. Experience has taught me that schools don't do to well after an off weak but we need time to heal and gel. I like our chances against the FLA schools and then having Troy well we will see what we are made of. _
    I understand your concern but, remember, we needed the open date after Southern Miss. I think we need this one to heal. Lots of guys banged up. More time for young QBs to get more reps in case Mike can't go again this season. Tyrell must be hurting today.

Default Re: McGuire shows grit after pick

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ "At that point, the Cajuns trailed, 23-14, with 7:39 left."

At 00:00 the Cajuns ahead 28-23.

Prrrrrrreeeeeettttttty amazing stuff here, boys and girls.

_
    At 7:39 left, Brad had thrown 2 pics and served up 3 others that should have been picked. Depair for sure; and then he threw strikes to keep the winning drive alive. I love when he can throw downfield. Not too sure about the flats. Gritty runner and kept his cool. Good outing for his first start. Falgout has a pretty good record for passing. 3-3 with 3 TDs. Nice touch.
    Fun game, Mr. Destin. Do you know a good heart doctor. I'm still trying to get mine started.

Default Re: TE in the flats??????

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    This play is gonna give me a heart attack

I don't understand why this play was ever drawn up.

Best case senario you complete the pass and the TE gets 3 yards before running into the sideline. WooHoo

Worst case senario I've seen twice this year. Pick Six.

It's a dumb play with way more to lose than gain, and it's one of the toughest passes for a qb to throw.

If anyone can tell me 1 good reason for this play, or an example of it working to where it's worth running. I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Dear Coach Bustle,

Please remove this play from our otherwise wonderful playbook.

Jacob

P.S. I liked our speed at linebacker tonite!!!!

The TE in the flat pass gained 30 yards at UNT. I imagine ASU was prepared for it after seeing film.

Default Re: 3rd Conversions. ASU 4 of 14. UL 8 of 15.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ Last year we were horrible on 3rd down. That has probably been our single biggest improvement on D this year.

igeaux.mobi _

Absolutely. I've noticed this trend this year as well. People kind of look at me funny when I say the D has improved tremendously this year since we've given up quite a bit of yards but this is one area that we've learned to improve on which gets our D off the field more. I'd like to know what our 3rd down D percentage is for the year.

5. Default Re: TE in the flats??????

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ The secret to no interceptions in the flats is the receiver coming back to the ball just like the defender has to do to make the int.

Coming back to the ball does two things it puts him motion to have a big turn up field and it always prevents the interception. If the defender goes for the pick an aggressive receiver might even create a pass interference call.

This idea was once conveyed to me by a receivers coach. _
    As a former receiver coach for the Cajuns you are right on the money ---but as you turn in on a 3rd down you must be about 3 yards past the first down marker------Also we are setting this up for Green to turn it up and put us in the NO Bowl with his catch vs. Troy----I dream this stuff in my sleep!!!!

Default Re: TE in the flats??????

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ The TE in the flat pass gained 30 yards at UNT. I imagine ASU was prepared for it after seeing film. _
    BOP would be better to answer this but the play at UNT was not a TE in the flat. It was a play like the first McGuire INT. You get the QB to roll out to either side and then he throws back across the field. The misdirection gets the defense moving one way so you can possibly get a big gain.

Default Re: Starting to feel like a special team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    I understand your concern but, remember, we needed the open date after Southern Miss. I think we need this one to heal. Lots of guys banged up. More time for young QBs to get more reps in case Mike can't go again this season. Tyrell must be hurting today.
    I am optimistic Mike will play again soon. He is still walking with a slight limp from what I saw yesterday but he is throwing the ball and has improved since UNT.

Default Re: Defense flexes its muscle

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ It is amazing what this team is doing on defense with some many injuries to key players. I would have never guessed it. _
    Isn't the ILL game the last one we gave up only one Offensive TD in the game. Great time to hold a team to under 28.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Absolutely. I've noticed this trend this year as well. People kind of look at me funny when I say the D has improved tremendously this year since we've given up quite a bit of yards but this is one area that we've learned to improve on which gets our D off the field more. I'd like to know what our 3rd down D percentage is for the year. _
    You were on to something. Never let a few fools throw you off. The "D" looked great against and offensive machine last night.

Default Re: Condolences on the (d)EARLY Departed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_C View Post
    _ After not going to a ULL game in probably 20 years, my son and I went last night. No, I am not a band wagon jumper or a fair weather fan. We had been talking about catching a game and finally decided to go. Cajuns being 2-0 in conference play and hearing all the hype around Fenroy was a motivating factor. I too was surprised that only 26,000 folks showed up. In fact at 3:30 that afternoon, I went online to ticketmaster and was shocked to find out that I could get two tickets in section D1 on the first row. Generally, I like to sit higher in the stands and in fact, after half time, we stood along the railing on the concourse. And yes, we left after the last interception and missed the very best part of the game. Shame on us. I watch a lot of football and have one thing to say about the Cajun's offense. It is boring. There, I said it! Other than the reverse half back pass, (and the defensive coach screaming curse words at the o-line and then punching the white board, cutting is hand) I could have really gone to sleep watching this game. Of course with Desormeaux being out, that may have watered down their offense but geez, how about a little more play action or a few more sweeps? How in the heck Fenroy has tallied up so many yards in beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying their offense does not work or is incapable of moving the ball. It is just boring to watch, well at least last nights game was. I also missed the last seven minutes of the game which ended up being the very exciting part.

But they pulled off a victory when I had written this game off as a loss. Congrats to the entire team and staff. They hung in their and pulled off another win. I will catch another game when Desormeaux is back. one a side note, can somebody explain to me how the concessions managed to run out of hamburgers at the very beginning of half time? My son ate one earlier and said it was actually pretty good. Then the guy next to me shows up and sits down with mayo and Jack Miller’s sauce dripping from one. That was the point that I decided that I HAD to have one. Yes I was disappointed when I was told they were out! Next time, I will go before half time.

I also missed how nice Cajun Field really is. Easy to get to concessions and pretty comfortable chairs in section D1. There is much more of a family atmosphere than being at Tiger Stadium where it is difficult finding a seat and getting to concessions. Then again, the lack of 95,000 fans fighting their way around makes a difference. Watching the kids roll down the end zone hills and all the fans sitting on the ground was fun. A lot less stressful than a packed LSU game plus Judice Inn is right down the road which is where we were sitting listening to the end of the game. Yes, I was able to eat a great hamburger after all.

We might even go back and catch the homecoming game. _

Glad you could make it. However, you have to understand this offense. Everything we do feeds off of the zone read because we have such a mobile QB. We have more plays of 50 or more yards than the top 5 teams in the country combined. However, we your senior QB is out and you have a freshman QB trying to manage and run an offense that feeds off the QB and needs him to make plays the coaches tend to want to take out a lot to not overload him (see LSU)

Great Job! How many of our defensive standouts are freshman and sophomores? Auriene and Bentley may be the next DBs to make it to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_C View Post
    _ After not going to a ULL game in probably 20 years, my son and I went last night. No, I am not a band wagon jumper or a fair weather fan. We had been talking about catching a game and finally decided to go. Cajuns being 2-0 in conference play and hearing all the hype around Fenroy was a motivating factor. I too was surprised that only 26,000 folks showed up. In fact at 3:30 that afternoon, I went online to ticketmaster and was shocked to find out that I could get two tickets in section D1 on the first row. Generally, I like to sit higher in the stands and in fact, after half time, we stood along the railing on the concourse. And yes, we left after the last interception and missed the very best part of the game. Shame on us. I watch a lot of football and have one thing to say about the Cajun's offense. It is boring. There, I said it! Other than the reverse half back pass, (and the defensive coach screaming curse words at the o-line and then punching the white board, cutting is hand) I could have really gone to sleep watching this game. Of course with Desormeaux being out, that may have watered down their offense but geez, how about a little more play action or a few more sweeps? How in the heck Fenroy has tallied up so many yards in beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying their offense does not work or is incapable of moving the ball. It is just boring to watch, well at least last nights game was. I also missed the last seven minutes of the game which ended up being the very exciting part.

But they pulled off a victory when I had written this game off as a loss. Congrats to the entire team and staff. They hung in their and pulled off another win. I will catch another game when Desormeaux is back. one a side note, can somebody explain to me how the concessions managed to run out of hamburgers at the very beginning of half time? My son ate one earlier and said it was actually pretty good. Then the guy next to me shows up and sits down with mayo and Jack Miller’s sauce dripping from one. That was the point that I decided that I HAD to have one. Yes I was disappointed when I was told they were out! Next time, I will go before half time.

I also missed how nice Cajun Field really is. Easy to get to concessions and pretty comfortable chairs in section D1. There is much more of a family atmosphere than being at Tiger Stadium where it is difficult finding a seat and getting to concessions. Then again, the lack of 95,000 fans fighting their way around makes a difference. Watching the kids roll down the end zone hills and all the fans sitting on the ground was fun. A lot less stressful than a packed LSU game plus Judice Inn is right down the road which is where we were sitting listening to the end of the game. Yes, I was able to eat a great hamburger after all.

We might even go back and catch the homecoming game. _
    Good comments. It's interesting you find the offense boring. It clearly wasn't clicking on all cylinders (except fo the last 2 drives) but I do find it entertaining. For a team that has built a reputation on big plays, there weren't many of them last night. I do have a hard time figuring out who has the ball at times but I think it adds to the excitement.

Default Re: Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

We may need some help from ASU, hopefull they can beat either FAU or Troy.

I have to confess. For the first time in ever, I left at the 7:00 mark. Through all the past slaughters I never left early, rain nor shine. BUT, the wife's suggestion to break down the tailgate tent before traffic and a sputtering offense got the better of me.

To put a positive spin on this, and being a bit superstitious, I figure if I had stayed, the end result would have been different. So smiling in the parking lot as the game ended I figured I did my part to eliminate any chance of loosing.

I promise never ever to leave early again, treat of divorce or not!!! Marriage is every day but a great ending like that only comes once in a long time.

PS: It's time for the rest of this community to start supporting UL Athletics. 23,000 plus should have been 32,000 plus with all the record breakers this team has. There, I said it!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garmn View Post
    _
    It's time for the rest of this community to start supporting UL Athletics. 23,000 plus should have been 32,000 plus with all the record breakers this team has. There, I said it!!!!!!!!! _
    You are not going to convert multiple thousands of fans in one or two seasons. We need to do this over and over again. We had lackluster attendance even when Jake was there.

Regardless of the yards gained we are only 4-3. Granted we are 4-2 with teams we might expect to be competitive with.

Thread Information