Page 149 of 222 FirstFirst . 139 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 159 . LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Defense flexes its muscle

It is amazing what this team is doing on defense with some many injuries to key players. I would have never guessed it.

Default Re: Starting to feel like a special team.

A team can have all the talent in the world but if they do not know how to win they will not be successful. This team is learning how to win. That is more valuable than any stat that can be calculated.

Default Re: McGuire shows grit after pick

"At that point, the Cajuns trailed, 23-14, with 7:39 left."

At 00:00 the Cajuns ahead 28-23.

Prrrrrrreeeeeettttttty amazing stuff here, boys and girls.

Default Re: Shame on the early departed!!!

Can't remember the last time I experienced that much excitment at Cajun Field! Oh, what a feeling!!!!!!!

UL Football Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFreak View Post
    _ WE HAVE A DEFENSE!!! _
    I would say lack of officials. They can's see the damn holding until the last three minutes of the game.

Its hard to describe the amount of character these guys have. I liken this team to the 2006 Saints who came out playing well and gave us a special season. They had holes as well but still got the job done and made up for it. This team could possibly be 4-0 in conference after FIU! That's amazing.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: It's Official.

Anyone here coming to the realization that the much maligned 2008 recruiting class might be the most "underrated" in UL history?
    Come on, NO 3, 4, 5 star players?

Look at the guys having to contribute. Hopefully 2009 can have as many great kids a
    as the Scout #108 rated class had!!!!

http://louisiana.scout.com/a.z?s=345&p=9&c=14&yr=2008

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Its hard to describe the amount of character these guys have. I liken this team to the 2006 Saints who came out playing well and gave us a special season. They had holes as well but still got the job done and made up for it. This team could possibly be 4-0 in conference after FIU! That's amazing. _
    I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK!

Default Re: My Game Thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ The first time I hit practice for pictures, I was wearing LSU gear. I swear, you'd think I had disrespected his mother or girlfriend. To this day, everytime he sees me he comments about not wearing purple and gold. _

Yes, it would be nice while covering practice to not have on your tiger gear. The players might find it a bit more respectful. Imagine if you were at LSU practice and wore an "I love Saban" shirt? I've got plenty of extra Cajun clothes, you can borrow one from me as long as you don't spill purple or gold on it,.

Track & Field Re: TE in the flats??????

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    _ This play is gonna give me a heart attack

I don't understand why this play was ever drawn up.

Best case senario you complete the pass and the TE gets 3 yards before running into the sideline. WooHoo

Worst case senario I've seen twice this year. Pick Six.

It's a dumb play with way more to lose than gain, and it's one of the toughest passes for a qb to throw.

If anyone can tell me 1 good reason for this play, or an example of it working to where it's worth running. I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Dear Coach Bustle,

Please remove this play from our otherwise wonderful playbook.

Jacob

P.S. I liked our speed at linebacker tonite!!!! _
    Guys, this route has to be thrown properly, or else. If the ball is properly placed, so the receiver can get his body between the defender and the ball, you want the defender to go for the pick because you may have a huge gain or TD as a result.

I will let these fellow's reply below do the talking, since I have seen our offense being dubbed as a "playstation" offense. They are posting about Madden Football, so it seems fitting.

Maybe our QB's should be required to play a few hours of Madden a week as homework :-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Today, 01:21 AM
    Back2thebasics
    Registered User Join Date: Jun 2008

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wildcard32
    Great post, many anti RCer's will definitely consider putting all of that in their arsenal I asure you.

RCing out routes,
    You can choose any formation, I like to choose obviously any kind of gun because it gives you the most time to throw (even if it is only a 10 yard route). I like to RC the out route mostly only on the short side of the field because then there is NO risk involved. Hot route your outside WR to run an out and smart route him so he runs 10 yards or however much you need for the first down. *As soon as he makes his cut bullet pass and precision pass up (you do not need to use LT).* Switch to your WR right after you throw it and turn your WR around, face the QB, and hold Y. If your passing to the left you would switch to your WR and hold Southeast on the LS + Y. Timing is crucial and your going to have to pactice it. I find this is the only RC without any risk but the reward is obviously less.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/984158

I run the same exact concept as Topdawg with the outside streaks and the inside fades.

To RC streaks, I bullet pass and precision pass directly to the sideline of the WR I'm RCing with. If I was throwing to my left I would bullet pass and precision pass left. Then switch to your WR and hold Southeast on the LS (if throwing to your left) and hold Y.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/983829

I hope some of this will help.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The out route is my favorite RC by far. I love using it in my 2 min. drill when i need to get out of bounds.

Back2thebasics
    View Public Profile
    Find all posts by Back2thebasics

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Today, 04:49 AM
    RDRZ408
    Registered User Join Date: Dec 2007

thanks for the tips still workin on this RC'in
    the hardest part is gettin the timin down im also havin trouble gettin the reciever in front of the defenders

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: TE in the flats??????

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    _ I'm not just talkin about tonite. I mean the history of football

Who invented this play? it's stupid.

I'd rather run a draw with the FB on 3rd and 20 down by 10 in the 4th.

and I said TE, but really that play to whoever is not worth it. _
    J, we've score once or twice on this play this year. A state just did a great job. Ask UNT and Illinois if we should take it out of the playbook!

Z

Default Re: My Game Thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ The first time I hit practice for pictures, I was wearing LSU gear. I swear, you'd think I had disrespected his mother or girlfriend. To this day, everytime he sees me he comments about not wearing purple and gold. _
    Thats not thinking at all.

Maybe you didnt realize it at the time, but man.thats disrespecting our players, our coaches, and our University.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ J, we've score once or twice on this play this year. A state just did a great job. Ask UNT and Illinois if we should take it out of the playbook!

Z _
    And Brad stared down the TE the whle time from the snap of the ball and telegraphed the play. Freshman mistake. But he was determined to make up for it on that next drive and he did. Kind of reminds me of another old Cajun QB.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Starting to feel like a special team.

SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SOSO AM I!!! AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!! SO AM I!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ And Brad stared down the TE the whle time from the snap of the ball and telegraphed the play. Freshman mistake. But he was determined to make up for it on that next drive and he did. Kind of reminds me of another old Cajun QB. _
    WHO?

Z

Thread Information