Page 146 of 222 FirstFirst . 136 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 156 . LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: It's Official.

There was still plenty of times when we couldn't get a pass rush, but man, when we needed that clutch sack or pass defended, the guys stepped up. Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors alike, we are in good hands on defense as these guys step up.

Default Re: Shame on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Haha, yea I had to laugh once we knocked down the hail mary. Everyone leaving around 7 mins to go gave me plenty of room to jump for joy and hi five.

That pick was very discouraging, but I'm definitely glad I stayed. I don't think I've ever left a game early in my life though. _
    Good for you. I always stay too. Been to many of the "Big" away games too. (AZ-State, Alabama, Ole Miss, USC twice, FL, K-State, etc). Always stay to end there too. Have been going to games since before Cajun Field (was 7 then). If you are a fan, you support through all. Never know what can happen. I really wish I could have been there tonight. I sure am going to try to be there in 2 weeks

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: My thoughts on the rest of the year:

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Guys do you realize you are already expecting to lose? We are not playing Ohio State today. We are playing ASU. If this team plays like they have been, missing Des will hurt but they will still pullout a win. That is what winners do! _

No,No,No. That is not what I'm saying. However, its fairweather fans out there that only support this team when they win that I'm trying to get to understand the position we are in. We are currently without our QB who makes this offense go which was evidence by tonight. We are without 4 LB's that made up a unit that was supposed to be the deepest and strongest part of our D that is already shaky. All I'm saying is that maybe the fanbase needs to reevaluate the expectations with so many injuries. This team has played well all year except the first game and I just didn't want these losses to diminish what has been accomplished. I truly didn't expect to necessarily win tonight although I thought it was surely possible. But if you think this is an 8 win team with a frosh QB your mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ Damn, it seems like you are giving up on the game before it even starts. I don't understand this. All teams have injuries they have to deal with. Didn't Troy lose their QB? If you are going to play in a bowl, YOU HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME. PERIOD! _

Read above post. Nobody is expecting to lose. Read instead of react. I'm just trying to get people to understand how decimated this team is with injury. I'm also not speaking of this game but actually the entire season from here on out.

Default TE in the flats??????

This play is gonna give me a heart attack

I don't understand why this play was ever drawn up.

Best case senario you complete the pass and the TE gets 3 yards before running into the sideline. WooHoo

Worst case senario I've seen twice this year. Pick Six.

It's a dumb play with way more to lose than gain, and it's one of the toughest passes for a qb to throw.

If anyone can tell me 1 good reason for this play, or an example of it working to where it's worth running. I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Dear Coach Bustle,

Please remove this play from our otherwise wonderful playbook.

Jacob

P.S. I liked our speed at linebacker tonite!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Not putting words in people mouths. Actually read the posts. The average Joe fan will not know that Des is the regular QB. Please understand the attitude of winning. Play like winner regardless of the final score? Winners find a way to win. Losers make well. lose. _

Again, read before you react. I said nothing about playing without a winners attitude. As a matter of fact, I never mentioned anything in the player perspective. It was from a fans perspective and suggesting that maybe people who have been so critical of this coaching staff (like yourself) make sure they understand what this team has gone through before making judgements and letting the entire season play out.

Default Re: TE in the flats??????

Yea it was definitely sniffed out every time. Of the 2 I really remember, I think the first one was that 4th down in the 2nd qtr. The defender was inches away from a pick and possibly six. Then sure enough, the pick six in the 4th qtr (I think that was a TE?).

McGuire had issues reading that play because he tried to force it in there both times and didn't check down to another receiver or do something else. This is definitely something the coaches can work on with him over time (since hopefully Desmo will be back in 2 weeks).

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Shame on you!!

The most incredible thing about tonight was how they battled back. This game has to be one of the best finishes I have seen Besides Houston. It was amazing the people lined up in the front row, from one side to the other, both Studend and the Grand Stand sides. It gave me chills! Gongrats. GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRash View Post
    _ I stayed for the beginning of "The Drive". but had to bail.kids were waaaaaay past bedtime. I could hear the PA and the crowd. it was killing me as I walked back to my truck! _

Rash as the father of three kids all grown now, there is no such thing as bedtime come Saturday nights. But you do it your way cannot argue about that. You missed one of the best endings ever in Cajun Field.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: TE in the flats??????

The CB's were jumping all over the routes, I think if they would pump fake and take it up the sideline, that might be a good play if they bite on that pass in the Flats.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ I wish I could have been at the game. Also, for some reason I can't get any LSU fans to listen to my BCS study because they are high and mighty over USC. By the way, my study proves that the 2 schools are equal based on opponents and records. Anyway, geaux cajuns; I have been waiting for this day for over 10 years. GEAUX CAJUNS!

igeaux.mobi _

LSU vs USC nobody cares except poor LSU insecure fans. Your bouts with the LSU faithful is like talking to a coke junkie about quitting.

Bottom line the AP did not, nor has it ever said it had given up it's freedom to pick their own top twenty five, and oh yea that includes who is 1 or 2. No doubt OK should not have been the LSU opponent then none of this would be going on 5 years later.
    s

I'm not just talkin about tonite. I mean the history of football

Who invented this play? it's stupid.

I'd rather run a draw with the FB on 3rd and 20 down by 10 in the 4th.

and I said TE, but really that play to whoever is not worth it.

I never liked any throw in the flats. Unless some sort of screen.

Yea I think the flat route came along with the Walsh-era west coast offense. I think it was originally supposed to be a quick run out to the sideline, not really a delayed pass.

It can be good on goal line situations and down and short yardage, but as mentioned, they were all over it

I guess it a habit since I deal with LSU vs USC and Crackheads vs Coke on a daily basis. I just got on a kick trying to prove LSU fans wrong and they keep giving me more variables to compare them to USC. And it hasnt worked in their favor yet. I just like using number to prove my points. It gives me something to do in my free time.

igeaux.mobi

Thread Information