Page 144 of 222 FirstFirst . 134 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 154 . LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: My thoughts on the rest of the year:

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I'm not throwing in the towel by any means but rather, I just want to prepare people for the fact that maybe we don't win tonight, maybe we only win 1-2 games from here on forward. Is it going to go back to a Bustle bashing session? I hope not. This team and program have come a long way this year and deserve our support and respect. _
    If this is the case, bashing will resume. Teams that win 4 or 5 games do not get a lot of accolades, no matter how hard they try. Like HouCajun said, we have the offense to win games. We just need our Defense to play "average". If the Defense cannot make the stops, people (rightly or wrongly) will say it was another disappointing year.

FWIW, I would be shocked if we only won 2 games the rest of the year.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's ok to express your thoughts, but the elevated fanship expected today isn't reading this board. The reactions that winning bring are not accelerated by this forum, nor is any deceleration following losing prevented by this forum. I'm cool with it. I'm one of the culprits. but we are preaching inside the incubator.

The only things that "Joe the Plumber" and "Gerry the Banker" and "Cindy the Pediatrician" hear about is the buzz of the swarm. they ask what's going on. and they come out to see and join in the buzz. The buzz will go up if we win and go down if we lose.

Sorry, no amount of fan preparation on the injury facts is going to change that fact.

We have to do like TEAM X out there in anywhere America. suck it up, play ball, and do what it takes to win.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ I am worried that the majority of the crowd does not understand all that is going on, and if we lose does not show back again this season! As said by many this week, this game is not a do or die game.do most avg "Joe the Plumber" fans realize that?
    igeaux.mobi _
    Guys do you realize you are already expecting to lose? We are not playing Ohio State today. We are playing ASU. If this team plays like they have been, missing Des will hurt but they will still pullout a win. That is what winners do!

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Guys do you realize you are already expecting to lose? We are not playing Ohio State today. We are playing ASU. If this team plays like they have been, missing Des will hurt but they will still pullout a win. That is what winners do!
    Please don't put words in people's mouths.

I am not attending the game - LIKE I ALWAYS ATTEND GAMES - expecting the Cajuns to lose. I expect them to prevail.

People are posting about the difficulty imposed on the team by the injuries to star QB Des and our frontline LBs. Mentally, I fully expect the Cajuns to play like winners regardless of the final score.

I am actually looking forward to McGuire airing it out a little today. Don't get me wrong I love Des and I am the strongest believer in our ground game but McGuire might make us as lethal by air!

Hopefully the D can patch itself up and give us a shot for 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Please don't put words in people's mouths.

I am not attending the game - LIKE I ALWAYS ATTEND GAMES - expecting the Cajuns to lose. I expect them to prevail.

People are posting about the difficulty imposed on the team by the injuries to star QB Des and our frontline LBs. Mentally, I fully expect the Cajuns to play like winners regardless of the final score. _
    Not putting words in people mouths. Actually read the posts. The average Joe fan will not know that Des is the regular QB. Please understand the attitude of winning. Play like winner regardless of the final score? Winners find a way to win. Losers make well. lose.

Default Re: Cajuns get love from USA Today

Wow, so many Purple & P|$$ corndogs out there with a fear of a little Cajun success.

Damn, it seems like you are giving up on the game before it even starts. I don't understand this. All teams have injuries they have to deal with. Didn't Troy lose their QB? If you are going to play in a bowl, YOU HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME. PERIOD!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ Damn, it seems like you are giving up on the game before it even starts. I don't understand this._
    I know seems like an LSU thing.

Just kidding my Cajun faithful. on that last post. I know what Zephyr was thinking. no matter. We go into this game to win. don't think otherwise.

I'm running late. see you guys at the game. I'm the guy that is louder than you!

Geaux Cajuns!!!

I'm am actually sad to read this thread this morning. I have been pumped up all morning. We all know the obvious about the injures, but when you call on another man to pick up where the other left off. you never know what you are going to get.

Please don't start making excuses for a loss. This team can win! To say we are only going to win 2 games out from here because of a couple of injuries is crazy.

Let's focus on the positives. This team can play ball. We can lose any week we go out there. But until the final bell has rung and we're not down by 21 points with 2 minutes to go I still believe.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ Damn, it seems like you are giving up on the game before it even starts. I don't understand this. All teams have injuries they have to deal with. Didn't Troy lose their QB? If you are going to play in a bowl, YOU HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME. PERIOD! _
    YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!

Default Mt-louisville

ESPN CFB - MT Touchdown 9:27 1st - MT 7 Louisville 0 - JEREMY KELLEM 14 YD INTERCEPTION RETURNPosted via Mobile Device

Default Re: Mt-louisville

ESPN CFB - MT Touchdown 6:36 1st - MT 14 Louisville 0 - PHILLIP TANNER 39 YD PASS FROM PATRICK HONEYCUTTigeaux.mobi

Default Re: Mt-louisville

ESPN CFB - Louisville Touchdown 2:02 1st - MT 14 louisville 7 - BROCK BOLEN 3 YD RUNigeaux.mobi

Thread Information