Page 141 of 222 FirstFirst . 131 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 151 . LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns get love from USA Today

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Where are the words of wisdom from lonetigr? Surely, he can explain why its our fault. _
    He stated in another thread "I must speak up when people like xxx posts ridiculous things." I expect it won't be long before he gets on the USAToday site and chastises that LSU fan for posting that "ridiculous thing". He will do the honorable thing. I'm sure of it.

He's like Superman. flying around righting wrongs. he wouldn't only correct a UL fan. He is after justice, correctness and fairness among all mankind. I'm just sure of it.

Default Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report: (Desormeaux still not out)

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Look for Brad McGuire to make his first start of his career. Mike D is still not taking snaps and although he is a tough SOB, I would rather him have two whole weeks to get better for the rest of the year and take our chances with Brad than lose Mike for the rest of the season.

Every game we have left on the schedule is winnable, but we will have to outscore people. The injuries on the D are more worrisome than Mike D's knee. We are down to 2 LB's that were scheduled to play this year. Our other Linebackers were scheduled to redshirt or were DB's.
    I saw Desmo today. he was limping.

Keep him out, let him get healthy. I want ASU bad, but we still have half the season left. There's a good chance the NO Bowl team will have an in-conference loss, and there's also a good possibility the 'Belt gets 2 or 3 in bowls.

If we put Mike in and he injures the knee again, he may be out for the season. And that's not fair to him, or his teammates.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ I think the comment's great.

Think about it: the whole country reads the article. They think, "Nice, a mid-major doing well."

Then they see the Tiga comment at the bottom and think, "Wait a minute these guys are the defending national champs, and they off show their aŝŝes like that in front of the whole world? Whoa.

"I guess their fans are just a bunch of losers." _
    I didn't think of it that way. but you are absolutely correct.

Check out the comments now LOL!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ Check out the comments now LOL! _
    Those Florida Gator Fans are soooo wacky!

Z

Tebow just scored another touchdown on LSU's defense.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The injuries on the D are more worrisome than Mike D's knee. We are down to 2 LB's that were scheduled to play this year. Our other Linebackers were scheduled to redshirt or were DB's. _
    I disagree. The linebackers we lost, while good players, were not Mike Dez. He is arueably the best combo QB in college (besides maybe Tebow or Pat White). He is the X factor that allows for Fenroy to be so dangerous. While having those LB's made a bad defense better, they didn't make us a shut-down D by any means.

I'm not discounting the fact that losing our LB's is HUGE. I'm just saying losing Desormeaux has to be a bigger deal for this game*, regardless of Brad McGuire's potential

*Obviously not having LB's all season would be more detrimental than losing Mike for just one game

_ I think the comment's great.

Think about it: the whole country reads the article. They think, "Nice, a mid-major doing well."

Then they see the Tiga comment at the bottom and think, "Wait a minute these guys are the defending national champs, and they show off their aŝŝes like that in front of the whole world? Whoa.

"I guess their fans are just a bunch of losers." _
    Just confirming what many people have said already. Plus this guy is ____ed because he probably lost a ton of money on the LSU game and he needs to find a way to sell his tickets, because his team is no longer in BCS Championship contention.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report: (Desormeaux still not out)

_ I saw Desmo today. he was limping.

Keep him out, let him get healthy. I want ASU bad, but we still have half the season left. There's a good chance the NO Bowl team will have an in-conference loss, and there's also a good possibility the 'Belt gets 2 or 3 in bowls.

If we put Mike in and he injures the knee again, he may be out for the season. And that's not fair to him, or his teammates. _
    Absolutely AGREE. Also, I think BM's proven he can lead the team even with the limited snaps he's had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Absolutely AGREE. Also, I think BM's proven he can lead the team even with the limited snaps he's had so far. _

I disagree, I don't think he's "proven" anything other than that he has the potential. To be the starter and have to adjust in game to the ASU defenses is much more complicated. Remember, he's a redshirt freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Absolutely AGREE. Also, I think BM's proven he can lead the team even with the limited snaps he's had so far. _
    Geaux, Brad! Git er dun!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I disagree, I don't think he's "proven" anything other than that he has the potential. To be the starter and have to adjust in game to the ASU defenses is much more complicated. Remember, he's a redshirt freshman. _
    I remember a true freshman came in after the half against Utah State in 93'. We went 8-3 against a pretty tough schedule that year.

Maybe history repeats itselfsort of.

Z

_ I disagree, I don't think he's "proven" anything other than that he has the potential. To be the starter and have to adjust in game to the ASU defenses is much more complicated. Remember, he's a redshirt freshman. _
    OK, I guess we have no shot! What will we do, what WILL we do??? I know, you're not saying he can't get it done, just that he's "unproven". That is true. But at least he's had some playing time on the field. I think, based on what I've heard, that he will do fine. He is not Dez, but he is Brad. I think he'll have a great coming-out party on Sat. night! (At least I really hope so!)

Zeph, the mojo is on our side, buddy. Now, if Masson would have scored @ NT???. We might be in trouble.

Good guys finish first this weekend.!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Zeph, the mojo is on our side, buddy. Now, if Masson would have scored @ NT???. We might be in trouble.

Good guys finish first this weekend.!!

Z _
    Z, what time are you guys pulling up stakes to go into the stadium? I will be coming in from Clinton, LA after working from 7am to about 2:30pm. Not sure what time I'll make it in to Cajun Field, but probably no earlier than 4:00.

Thread Information