Page 139 of 222 FirstFirst . 129 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 149 . LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: authentic jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by ragin_cajuns View Post
    _ has anyone seen ragin cajuns logo footballs anywhere online? _
    I have not seen any logo balls, You may be able to get one on gameday from the bookstore. They set up at the entrance to the baseball field. If you don't feel like chancing them not having one, I know Walgreens had the UL mini helmets for like $20 at most of the stores in Lafayette. Those are pretty good for an autograph.

Default Re: Extra Large: Numbers don't lie — the Ragin' Cajuns own the big play

Finally, it's fun to be a Cajun fan during the fall!!! Been a long time.

Default Re: Injury Details Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    _ Explain to me how the OU linebacker can get a medical hardship. He played in 6 games. _
    Medical redshirt and medical hardship are the same thing. Any injured player can apply for but will only be granted if he competed in no more than 30 percent of the team's games for one particular season.

OU linebacker Ryan Reynolds recently suffered a season-ending knee injury against Texas. It was his third major knee injury. Sometimes the NCAA will grant additional years to frequently injured players, such as former UL player Justin Venables.

The catch is that players must wait to apply for until after their initial eligibility expires.

Default Re: authentic jerseys

I've got a red one that I got in the recruiting bash auction. It is the authentic jersey with stitching and the "Louisiana" across the front. It is #61 though so I'm not sure how much that would interest someone. I also have a white one but it doesn't have the louisiana across it but its authentic in every other way. I have others but I don't think Archie, Peyton, Eli, Shack. Josh Reed, Kevin Faulk and Jake would like if I gave them away!

5. UL Football Football: Mid-Week (Game 999) Practice Report

The Cajuns lead the nation will 11 offensive touchdowns of greater than 50 yards

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns practiced on Sunday evening at Cajun Field following Saturday’s late bus ride home from Denton, Texas. The team arrived back in Lafayette at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning.

As usual, the team practiced in full pads on Tuesday and shorts and shoulder pads on Wednesday. The Cajuns will practice on Thursday and walk-through on Friday prior to facing Arkansas State at Cajun Field on Saturday.

RaginCajuns.com

6. UL Football Five questions for tight ends coach Troy Wingerter

Five questions for tight ends coach Troy Wingerter .

How did practice go this week?

Wingerter
    : "All the guys realize how important this game is. Practice has been intense. We’ve been getting more reps because the tempo has been so high.”

Is this a big rivalry game?

Wingerter
    : "They embarrassed us last year and kept most of these seniors from playing in a bowl game a few years ago. All that, coupled with the fact that we are at home, has provided some extra intensity in practice.”

Is the team ready to finally play some home games?

Wingerter
    : "We are always looking forward to playing at home, especially after that seven-hour bus ride back to Lafayette in the middle of the night (last week). We look forward to a big crowd this Saturday. There is no better feeling, and I’ve done it, than to walk out of that tunnel and see all the people cheering for you. These guys really play hard for the home fans and the red zone. They really give a lot of respect to their fellow students by going over there after each game and shaking their hands.”

What are some of the good things that Arkansas State has been doing well this season?

Wingerter
    : "They have exceptional personnel. Their front four might be the best we’ve seen this year. They have speed and strength. They’ve manhandled a few opponents this season. They will be very physical and try to hit the quarterback on every play. The secondary is playing with a lot of confidence.”

How have the Cajuns developed into the newly nicknamed ‘Playstation Offense’?

Wingerter
    : “Some of the teams that we’ve played put eight or nine guys in the box dedicated to stopping our running game. If you put that many at or near the line of scrimmage, and we are able to create a seam, then you have a big play.”

RaginCajuns.com

7. UL Football Official Louisiana Injury Report: (Desormeaux still not out)

Official Louisiana Injury Report (as of Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2008):

Richard Brooks, LB (knee – out)
    Ian Burks, OL (back – probable)
    Matt Desormeaux, LB (finger – probable)
    Michael Desormeaux, QB (knee – questionable)
    Richie Falgout, WR (leg – probable)
    Grant Fleming**, LB (knee – out for season)
    Junior Jean, DB (shoulder – doubtful, upgraded from out)
    Derik Keyes, DB (quad – probable)
    Jawanza Mitchell, WR (head – out)
    Derrick Smith, WR (ankle – probable)

**Fleming underwent successful surgery on Wednesday and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season**

RaginCajuns.com

8. UL Football Positives are plenty at midway juncture for Cajuns

Going into the 2008 college football season, UL faced a number of burning questions and concerns to improve on a 3-9 record in '07.

The Ragin' Cajuns find themselves at the midway point of the season following last week's 59-30 win over North Texas. At 3-3, they have already matched last season's win total and are 2-0 in Sun Belt play for the first time ever going into Saturday's 6 p.m. game against Arkansas State.

"This is where I was hoping we would be," UL coach Rickey Bustle said. "You really can't ask for anything better."

Now seems like the perfect time to take a look back at the 10 burning questions the Cajuns faced coming into the season and what's happened so far in '08.

1. Get defensive

The rest of the story

Josh Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 16, 2008

9. UL Football Desormeaux's listed as questionable by UL

UL's midweek injury report lists quarterback Mike Desormeaux as questionable for Saturday's 6 p.m. game against Sun Belt foe Arkansas State with a sprained left knee.

The senior from New Iberia hurt his knee with 10:04 left in last week's 59-30 win over North Texas. He has attended the team's three practices this week but has yet to participate because of the injury.

Desormeaux is the nation's top rushing quarterback and ranks 11th nationally at 118 yards per game. He is 13th in total offense at 297.3 yards per game and has accounted for 11 touchdowns for the nation's top rushing offense.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 16, 2008

10. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns light up the Sun Belt

If you think a running game can't be spicy, you've never seen it Cajun style.

The most productive rushing offense in major college football is Louisiana-Lafayette's lofty 332.1 yards a game.

But this is no wishbone team that relies on time-consuming drives. The Ragin' Cajuns can do that, but they're just as likely to burn defenses with quick strikes. UL has 19 touchdown drives that have taken less than two minutes this season. They have 18 offensive touchdowns on drives of five plays or fewer; 11 scoring plays from scrimmage have been 50 yards or longer. And that doesn't even count their explosive return game.

"They have some guys who can really, really run, and if you miss one assignment it can go for a touchdown," says Arkansas State coach Steve Roberts, whose Red Wolves (4-2, 2-0 Sun Belt Conference) will try to cool the Cajuns (3-3, 2-0) on Saturday in Lafayette. A share of first place in the conference will be at stake. "We've got to do everything in our power to run to the ball and communicate on defense."

The rest of the story

By Eddie Timanus, USA TODAY

11. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns light up the Sun Belt

Nice mention in the USA Today!

Default Re: Positives are plenty at midway juncture for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Nice article with good assessments!

Default Re: Cajuns get love from USA Today

That was a fun read.Let's hope we don't crash and burn this weekend.

UL Football Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report: (Desormeaux still not out)

The have Mike Questionable on the headlines and problable in the Injury report. Which one is right?

Thread Information