Page 138 of 222 FirstFirst . 128 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 148 . LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Injury Details Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    _ Explain to me how the OU linebacker can get a medical hardship. He played in 6 games. _

There is no way he could have possibly been granted that already??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ So i gather everyone's gut feeling is that Dez starts? I hear "sprained knee" and think that at least puts him at limited playing time this weekend.

Anybody venture to compare Brad and Desormeaux? How big of a drop off are we gonna get here? Also, in ya'lls opinion, is the bigger concern Dez being injured, or our LB's being injured/kicked off team?

IMO, I'm more worried about Desormeaux being out because it's not like our defense was ever great even with those LB's, whereas there's no doubt that the Dez-Fenroy-Chery combo is truly exceptional. _

Nothing against Brad but they, at this point in time, don't compare too well. Des is a senior and has had more than a year to run this offense on his own. You saw how big of a transition it was for him last year. McGuire does have a better arm but to me, it is impossible to tell whether he is any more accurate than Des AT THIS TIME. In 3 years, I truly believe he will be a much more accomplished passer assuming he is starting ahead of Gautier which I'm not sure he will do.

He may be a good leader but he's not Des. He is still young and had trouble wrangling the backup job from Masson until the end. I do believe he can lead some drives but I'm uncertain as far as a game is concerned. We need to reevaluate our expectations due to injury and understand what this team faces.

Default Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Cherokee's Kid _
    haha

Default Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleton View Post
    _ Then I'll retalliate with a series of chops to the chest Nature Boy style. _

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

in 99, the #'s were screened on. 00-03 they were sewn on at least. After that a new style came out and they were screened at least for a couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Sorry I misspoke, we did not have sewn on numbers under the Stokley era, or the game jersey I was issued from Big Lynn was a fake. Which I finsd hard to believe.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Nothing against Brad but they, at this point in time, don't compare too well. Des is a senior and has had more than a year to run this offense on his own. You saw how big of a transition it was for him last year. McGuire does have a better arm but to me, it is impossible to tell whether he is any more accurate than Des AT THIS TIME. In 3 years, I truly believe he will be a much more accomplished passer assuming he is starting ahead of Gautier which I'm not sure he will do.

He may be a good leader but he's not Des. He is still young and had trouble wrangling the backup job from Masson until the end. I do believe he can lead some drives but I'm uncertain as far as a game is concerned. We need to reevaluate our expectations due to injury and understand what this team faces. _
    I agree. Des makes this offense go. McGuire may have some skills and may be great but we know what Des can do. Much the same if Fenroy was out and we had to go with Sails at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ There is no way he could have possibly been granted that already?? _
    The starting middle linebacker from OU is applying for the medical hardship!!! Someone on this website stated that if you play more than 30% of the games then you can't get a medical hardship/redshirt. So my question is why is the OU linebacker applying since he played in 6 games. Why can't Fleming apply?

Default bell's a cajun programming sponsor of the snote

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    . I also think Bell's Sporting Goods on Johnston St. has them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I bought an authentic jersey from Bells, it doesn't have the sewn on numbers but it's about the closest i've seen to the on field jerseys. they have fenroy and you could probably get the name put on the back at bells also.

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    _ The starting middle linebacker from OU is applying for the medical hardship!!! Someone on this website stated that if you play more than 30% of the games then you can't get a medical hardship/redshirt. So my question is why is the OU linebacker applying since he played in 6 games. Why can't Fleming apply? _

First of all, you can apply all day long. There is nothing stopping someone from doing so. However, my question lies into what is the difference between a medical hardship and a medical redshirt if any? It was reported that the OU linebacker applied for the hardship.

Default Re: authentic jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Enlighten me please. _
    In 2000 the road [white] jerseys had sewn numbers, but the new font was impossible to read - you could not distinguish between a 6 or a 0 or an 8 and so on. the home [red] jerseys were screened, and the replacement whites were screened as well
    In 2002 and 2003 they used the same jerseys and they had sewn numbers.

In 2004 they tweaked the unis again

screened both versions
    in 2005 they dropped the Denver Bronco type stripes from the jerseys [but not from the pants strangely]

In 2008, this year, the uniforms had sewn numbers, which I think was a result of Russell improving the product to block Adidas from getting the contract.

But you said we never had sewn jerseys.
    That was incorrect

my sister got a fenroy jersey at walmartfor 25 bucks. it's pretty nice looking.

12. UL Football With Desormeaux limping, McGuire may start Saturday

If Mike Desormeaux's wrapped left leg and limp can be considered a medical evaluation, then consider Brad McGuire just a few days from his first career start as UL's quarterback.

That's possibly the bad news, considering the senior season Desormeaux has going for the record-setting Cajuns offense.

But the good news, if the scenario unfolds like that as Desormeaux recovers from a sprained knee, is McGuire looked like a starting quarterback at Tuesday's practice.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist • bheist@theadvertiser.com • October 15, 2008

13. UL Football Extra Large: Numbers don't lie — the Ragin' Cajuns own the big play

Try to pick the best team in college football this season. Go ahead.

USC?

The Trojans lasted through the first four polls, then came the trip to Oregon State.

Oklahoma? The Sooners gave it a shot through the next two, before giving way this week to Texas.

Alabama? Penn State? Maybe.

How about Florida after its 30-point rout of 2007 national champ LSU?

The point is, it's futile to put a finger on just one team midway through another volatile season.

That, however, isn't the case when picking the country's most explosive offense. It's UL's Ragin' Cajuns.

And it isn't even close.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist • bheist@theadvertiser.com • October 15, 2008

14. Default Re: authentic jerseys

has anyone seen ragin cajuns logo footballs anywhere online?

Quote Originally Posted by raginlittlecajun View Post
    _ my sister got a fenroy jersey at walmartfor 25 bucks. it's pretty nice looking. _
    That is actually very cool and a big step
    I only see saints and purple/yellow jerseys at Wal Mart

Wal Mart sells what people ask for

Thread Information