Page 133 of 222 FirstFirst . 123 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 143 . LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

i don't really but into the hurricane thing. But Tyrell went out early with a head injury and Des' nerves were a little bit touchy after committing an early turnover. The coaching staff had something to do with it, but not a ton. Our coaches were out-coached and our players out-played. Simple as that. It came down to who wanted it more as it will this weekend. Hopefully our guys locked up some of that pain from last year in some deep dark corner of their heart, letting it fester and grow. This weekend should be a slobberknocker (God bless Jim Ross)

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    _ i don't really but into the hurricane thing. But Tyrell went out early with a head injury and Des' nerves were a little bit touchy after committing an early turnover. The coaching staff had something to do with it, but not a ton. Our coaches were out-coached and our players out-played. Simple as that. It came down to who wanted it more as it will this weekend. Hopefully our guys locked up some of that pain from last year in some deep dark corner of their heart, letting it fester and grow. This weekend should be a slobberknocker (God bless Jim Ross) _
    I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ THB, not mentally ready. Hurricane Gustav bearing down. If you recall lsu changed their game to 10 am.

S Miss refused to change the game time. Lots of uncertainty amongst our guys about how long to get back. I believe contra flow had been started by the time the game had ended. Lots of uncertainty about safety of family members in the path of the storm.

Not an excuse, just a fact. USM got to show off their shiny new palace, not one USM fan inconveniencedeverything peachy for them we got blown out.

Anyone got a different take on what happened?

Z _
    I think you're right. I just wonder what happened to that Southern Miss team. They've only won one game since then and haven't looked nearly as good as that opening weekend. Maybe we switched uniforms for that game!

4. Default Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    _ i don't really but into the hurricane thing. But Tyrell went out early with a head injury and Des' nerves were a little bit touchy after committing an early turnover. The coaching staff had something to do with it, but not a ton. Our coaches were out-coached and our players out-played. Simple as that. It came down to who wanted it more as it will this weekend. Hopefully our guys locked up some of that pain from last year in some deep dark corner of their heart, letting it fester and grow. This weekend should be a slobberknocker (God bless Jim Ross) _
    I think one of the biggest parts of our poor and their great showing was the new highly emotional head coach----they were pumped big time along with the fore-mentioned facts!!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by THB View Post
    The game that really doesn't make sense to me is the Southern Miss game. Can anyone tell me what happened in that game?
    Got whooped. didn't like it.

6. Default Re: Coming Soon: Half Dozen + ONE

Here you go dms4720

I merged your question with a post from CajunShocker that answers the question.

Ragin' Cajuns Injury Details Needed.

• How many players have we lost this season on defense to injury or being asked/kicked off the team?
    • How many of the injury's are season ending?
    • How deep are we in the depth chart from where we started at season's beginning at some of these positions? Which positions?
    It is hard to follow all of this stuff from BR!!! I just know we are REALLY hurt, and trying to get a better clue, as to how hurt we are.

Default Re: Injury Details Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _
    • How many players have we lost this season on defense to injury or being asked/kicked off the team?
    • How many of the injury's are season ending?
    • How deep are we in the depth chart from where we started at season's beginning at some of these positions? Which positions?
    It is hard to follow all of this stuff from BR!!! I just know we are REALLY hurt, and trying to get a better clue, as to how hurt we are. _

On D, we've lost 3 linebackers and all of them have starting experience!! Other than that, we're OK on D. On offense, we've lost L. Kelley and Derrick Smith really hasn't done anything due to injury and suspension. Desormeaux is limited with a sprained knee and I am very concerned about his status for this weekend. 4 people have been lost for the year, 3 on D and all at the same position!!!! Its a shame because this team is playing so well. Sooner or later, there is going to be a dropoff due to losing so many starters.

UL Football Re: Injury Details Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    On D, we've lost 3 linebackers and all of them have starting experience!! Other than that, we're OK on D. On offense, we've lost L. Kelley and Derrick Smith really hasn't done anything due to injury and suspension. Desormeaux is limited with a sprained knee and I am very concerned about his status for this weekend. 4 people have been lost for the year, 3 on D and all at the same position!!!! Its a shame because this team is playing so well. Sooner or later, there is going to be a dropoff due to losing so many starters.
    Ok, so I guess I did know about everything then. The way things were sounding, I thought we were on the 5th string player at almost every spot or something.

Mainly just the LB's going down is the big thing then. Guess it is hard to fill in one spot over and over and over like that. But everyone has to be ready to go.

Hope Dez is feeling better Sat, and that EVERYONE is ready to go if called upon!

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ Ok, so I guess I did know about everything then. The way things were sounding, I thought we were on the 5th string player at almost every spot or something.

Mainly just the LB's going down is the big thing then. Guess it is hard to fill in one spot over and over and over like that. But everyone has to be ready to go.

Hope Dez is feeling better Sat, and that EVERYONE is ready to go if called upon! _
    Desmo is a warrior and it will take a lot to keep him off the field Saturday!

11. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns host Red Wolves Saturday

UL - The Ragin' Cajuns are 2-0 in the Sun Belt Conference for the first time in school history. It is the first time since 1980 that the Cajuns opened up conference play 2-0. Louisiana will host Arkansas State on Saturday at 6 p.m. at Cajun Field. The Cajuns will look to knock off the Red Wolves who are also undefeated in SBC play.

Since 1997, the home team has won every game in this series.

Arkansas Sate is ranked second in total defense in the SBC, and that defense will look to stop the Cajuns’ stout offense.

The Cajuns bring the number one rushing offense in the NCAA back home for the first time since beating Kent State on Sept. 20. The Cajuns rushing game is averaging 332.2 yards per game.

The rushing game is led by Tyrell Fenroy who ranks fifth in the nation in yards per game while Michael Desormeaux ranks 11th in the same category. Desormeaux also ranks 13th in the NCAA in total offense with 297.3 yards per game.

Joining the offensive party is been Jason Chery who ranks fourth in the nation in all-purpose yards. Chery had a monstrous game against North Texas, totaling 335 all-purpose yards. He scored five touchdowns—all in the first half. He finished the game with three carries for 85 yards and a touchdown; three receptions for 123 yards and three touchdowns; and two kick returns for 131 yards and a touchdown.

The coaches released their weekly awards:

The offensive players of the game were; Brad Bustle, Chris Fisher, Jonathan Decoster, Erik Jones, Ladarius Green, Tyrell Fenroy, Louis Lee, Jason Chery and Michael Desormeaux.

The defensive player of the game was Dwight Bentley who had nine tackles, one tackle-for-loss and one fumble recovery.

The scout team players of the week were Brady Thomas and Marlin Miller on the offensive side, and Ben Duhon and Rodney Gillis on the defensive side.

Following the Arkansas State game, the Ragin’ Cajuns will have a bye week. The Cajuns next game will be on Nov. 1, as UL hosts the FIU Golden Panthers at 4 p.m. in the 63rd annual homecoming game.

RaginCajuns.com

12. UL Football Rickey Bustle’s Weekly (Oct 13th) Press Conference

Opening Comments - “We had another big game offensively at North Texas, making some huge plays. Jason Chery was uncanny with all the plays he made in the first half. Mike Desormeaux and Tyrell Fenroy are two guys that defenses always try to defend, but it was nice to see Jason make some big plays over the last two weeks. I know that all three of those guys would credit the offensive line first. Those guys up front are pushing guys around and making holes for our offense. I was proud to see our offensive answer the bell a couple times when North Texas put up some points.

Our special teams were very solid. It was backed up by Jason’s return. Our other areas were very solid as well. It was another solid part of our performance.

I don’t think our defense played like they had been playing. They didn’t seem to be at a high level of emotion. I felt that North Texas was throwing the ball better, but they were just inconsistent. They didn’t drop anything against us. We didn’t do a good job of containing the quarterback. When the quarterback is able to get free and roll out, the cornerbacks have to step up and thus he was able find some open receivers down field. We just weren’t as sharp as we need to be. We have had some injuries, and we will move Antwyne Zanders back to middle linebacker. Daylon McCoy and Jezreel Washington will stay in the same spot they played in Saturday; behind them are three true freshmen. Matt Desormeaux has been moved to linebacker, and we are hoping to get him ready quickly. We know we can play better as a unit. Our level was not where it needed to be.”

On the status of Mike Desormeaux
    RB
    - “Right now he is day-to-day. We will continue to evaluate him. If he is cleared, we will practice him, but I don’t know.”

On the confidence in Brad McGuire
    RB
    - “He played well the times he has been in, once against Kansas State and then again Saturday night. He was improved vastly since the beginning of the year and I know that the team has confidence in him. He has a lot of intangibles that Mike has. He is a great leader and a little bit bigger guy. I am confident he can run our offense. We would have to shave some things here and there. We will throw the ball more. He has a stronger arm and he does want to run the ball. He has confidence and calmness about himself, which the team sees and likes.”

On the long touchdown plays
    RB
    - “Big plays come from the athletes. Chery, Desormeaux and Fenroy can all out run the defense. Smith can do the same thing. We saw a lot of good blocking down field from receivers and from the offensive line pulling and blocking down field. It is the line that gives you eight to ten yard runs. The wide receivers are blocking down field which helps us get those big plays we have been getting. The ball is getting in the hands of people who can make the big play. Fenroy has always been fast but now he has gotten a step faster that has made a big difference. Chery is fast as well and now he has confidence to go along with his speed and talent.”

On the offense keeping up their numbers
    RB
    - “I am looking for them to continue to be productive. If we are productive that will equal points on the board.”

On if the offense is masking the defense
    RB
    - “I don’t know if it is masking it. We have a lot of young guys and injuries that have hampered the team especially at linebacker. These three freshmen that are back-ups are great athletes; they just haven’t been in game situations yet. We need to raise our play around the linebacking core.

On the defense creating turnovers
    RB
    - “That was something nice we did. We cause a couple turnovers which helped set up scores. We want to keep doing that. We need to get back to the root of two-a-days and getting one percent better. It is easy to get away from that

RaginCajuns.com

13. UL Football Poor timing: Knee sprain may prevent Desormeaux from playing

Since the inception of the Sun Belt Conference seven years ago, this is the week UL's football program has been waiting for.

The Cajuns are unbeaten two games into league play for the first time and playing from the top of the standings - not the middle of the pack or lower - in the championship chase.

And outside of the obvious hype from the fan base after winning three of the last four games, UL (3-3) is creating a stir nationally with a PlayStation offense that's operating at a dizzying level.

Life, in that regard, is good for UL, which hasn't been this healthy as a program in a long time heading into Saturday's 6 p.m. showdown against Arkansas State (4-2, 2-0) at Cajun Field.

The injury report, though, is a completely different story.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist • bheist@theadvertiser.com • October 14, 2008

Joshua Parrott contributed to this story.

Don't forget LB Fred Davis was kicked off the team over the summer, he may have been our starting MLB.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

So i gather everyone's gut feeling is that Dez starts? I hear "sprained knee" and think that at least puts him at limited playing time this weekend.

Anybody venture to compare Brad and Desormeaux? How big of a drop off are we gonna get here? Also, in ya'lls opinion, is the bigger concern Dez being injured, or our LB's being injured/kicked off team?

IMO, I'm more worried about Desormeaux being out because it's not like our defense was ever great even with those LB's, whereas there's no doubt that the Dez-Fenroy-Chery combo is truly exceptional.

Thread Information