Page 132 of 222 FirstFirst . 122 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 142 . LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Five days to take off the black Jersey

DENTON, Texas - UL middle linebacker Richard Brooks and quarterback Mike Desormeaux, both of whom suffered knee injuries in Saturday's 59-30 win over North Texas, attended Sunday's practice but did not participate, according to sports information director Daryl Cetnar.

Brooks and Desormeaux both wore black jerseys, signaling no contact for injured players in practice.

A starter for the past five games, Brooks had to be helped off the field after getting hurt late in the third quarter. The redshirt freshman from Mesquite, Texas was on crutches for Sunday's practice.

Brooks is tied for fifth on the team this season with 31 tackles.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 13, 2008

Default Re: Five days to take off the black Jersey

Who is working at MLB?

3. Default Re: Five days to take off the black Jersey

outside of taking the RS off of a couple of players, I think the only player that is capable of moving up into the MLB position for the Cajuns is Derek Keyes, he has the size and speed to handle the position.

This would mean that he would have to move up from SS and we would have to replace him with someone at that position, maybe Franz Accime.

Otherwise I think we need to roll with Zanders, Washington and Okoye at LB and rotate Keyes back and forth from SS to LB. Move Accime to the rotation at SS and back him up with Julian Jones/Phillip Nevels.

The other option is the take the RS off of Boardnax or Benoit. I think Benoit is going to be a pretty good LB, but considering he has not played much at that position, I would think that Boardnax would be the better option at this point.

Another option would be to move Jonathan Vance back to LB from DE, he fits the mold of a LB, more then a DE anyway.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ outside of taking the RS off of a couple of players, I think the only player that is capable of moving up into the MLB position for the Cajuns is Derek Keyes, he has the size and speed to handle the position.

This would mean that he would have to move up from SS and we would have to replace him with someone at that position, maybe Franz Accime.

Otherwise I think we need to roll with Zanders, Washington and Okoye at LB and rotate Keyes back and forth from SS to LB. Move Accime to the rotation at SS and back him up with Julian Jones/Phillip Nevels.

The other option is the take the RS off of Boardnax or Benoit. I think Benoit is going to be a pretty good LB, but considering he has not played much at that position, I would think that Boardnax would be the better option at this point.

Another option would be to move Jonathan Vance back to LB from DE, he fits the mold of a LB, more then a DE anyway.

Just my .02 _
    Does J Vance play? He is a Sr and can probably play both OLB positions.

Default Re: No doubt about it. 'Hogs' lead UL to wins

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    They have an "lsu syndrome" of their own in SW Tenn. _
    Say hello to a Pink Jackal.

6. Default Re: Five days to take off the black Jersey

A little, i think mostly on Special Teams, but could be a perfect candidate for LB.

_ outside of taking the RS off of a couple of players, I think the only player that is capable of moving up into the MLB position for the Cajuns is Derek Keyes, he has the size and speed to handle the position.

Just my .02 _
    The RS has already been taken off of Benoit. He has been playing special teams for a couple weeks and has 4 tackles. Keyes is not big enough to take the abuse at LB.

McCoy and Washington will get more snaps and Kyron Benoit and Chris Richard will be used more in the rotation.

_ A little, i think mostly on Special Teams, but could be a perfect candidate for LB. _
    From what I understand, Vance has fallen behind the young guys on the depth chart at LB. Richard and Benoit are both pure freshman who are playing at LB now. They both had a fair no. of tackles on Saturday.

Just my .02 _
    Moving Keyes out of the safety position would not be wise. He had a huge INT on Saturday and he also had some big hits downfield knocking the ball away from the receiver. I have seen Derek up close and it is correct he does not have the size to play LB. He would have trouble on running plays. A way to address this is simply to score every time. Note, we only punted once on Saturday. I am as concerned with Desormeaux's injury now as I am with the LB injuries.

10. Default Re: No doubt about it. 'Hogs' lead UL to wins

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ But really good in a Cajun microwave. _

I'll second that

And keep up the great work guys , those o-lineman dont get enough credit when things are going well.

Default Re: No doubt about it. 'Hogs' lead UL to wins

Quote Originally Posted by Fanof49ASU View Post
    "Cajuns - also known as the "hogs"."

You guys do realize that "hogs" is a 4-letter word.

Geez guys, associate yourselves with winning, not losingand never with the most foul, disgusting animal in America. These animals are known to be afraid of every moving thing. They shy away from adversity. They lie. They steal. They'll cheat you just for the fact of getting away with it.

For the love of all things good, have some dignity.dump the swine reference.
    what the hogs are you talking about? (euphemisms are fun!)

Default Past Rushers

where can I find a list of the 6 running backs that went for a 1000 yards each of their 4 seasons and the numbers they put up each year? appreciate it.

Default Question from Ark StAte fan

Ready for this big matchup Saturday and trying to figure out what our chances are. The game that really doesn't make sense to me is the Southern Miss game. Can anyone tell me what happened in that game? It doesn't look like the same team after looking at the Illinois and K State scores. Based on our road record and your offense being red hot now, I don't like our chances. I hope I am wrong, but I know your players want to pay us back for last year!

Default Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

Quote Originally Posted by THB View Post
    _ Ready for this big matchup Saturday and trying to figure out what our chances are. The game that really doesn't make sense to me is the Southern Miss game. Can anyone tell me what happened in that game? It doesn't look like the same team after looking at the Illinois and K State scores. Based on our road record and your offense being red hot now, I don't like our chances. I hope I am wrong, but I know your players want to pay us back for last year! _
    At USM, we played a team with coaches that had worked with some of our staff members in the past. They also had a guy on their staff that was our offensive coordinator last year. They knew our scheme and we did not know what they were going to do. Also, I don't think we matched up well against them at certain positions. Finally, there was a hurricane headed to Louisiana which may have been a distraction. If all of that sounds like a bunch of excuses, it probably is. Bottom line is they were much better than us that day.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

THB, not mentally ready. Hurricane Gustav bearing down. If you recall lsu changed their game to 10 am.

S Miss refused to change the game time. Lots of uncertainty amongst our guys about how long to get back. I believe contra flow had been started by the time the game had ended. Lots of uncertainty about safety of family members in the path of the storm.

Not an excuse, just a fact. USM got to show off their shiny new palace, not one USM fan inconveniencedeverything peachy for them we got blown out.

Anyone got a different take on what happened?

Z

Thread Information