Page 128 of 222 FirstFirst . 118 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 138 . LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default to keep a chance of pre-season "guess" of 7-5

cajns win

can't get my arms around beating the 21-ish point spread though

3. UL Football UL DE Davis not taking UNT’s offense lightly

UL — University of Louisiana defensive lineman Hall Davis isn’t fooled by the North Texas offense he watched on film this week.

Although the winless Mean Green offense has scored only 65 points this season — last in the Sun Belt Conference —Davis said he expects a challenge when the teams play at 6 p.m. today at Fouts Field in Denton, Texas.

“North Texas has a great passing attack. On offense they want to control the ball,” Davis said. “We could be on the field a lot, since they’ve run as many as 100 plays a game.”

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

4. UL Football Power Spread Offense Leads UL

As UL's Tyrell Fenroy nears another rushing milestone, he recently made a pitch to high school running backs still undecided about their college destination.

"If you're a running back this is a great place to go," the senior said. "The running backs here get a lot of opportunities to touch the ball and get yards."

Just look at Fenroy. He's a perfect example that a running back can get his yards in a spread offense.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 11, 2008

5. UL Football Opponent View: UNT faces "the premier running team in the nation"

Louisiana has enjoyed one advantage over the last few seasons, thanks to the rise in popularity of the spread offense in college football.

The Ragin' Cajuns are one of the few teams that still rely on a run-based attack, an approach that makes UL's offense a little like snow in Texas. Very few people see it on a regular basis, and no one seems to know how to deal with it effectively.

UNT will be the latest team to try when the Ragin' Cajuns visit Fouts Field tonight and take on a Mean Green defense that will be missing two key defensive linemen.

UL enters the weekend ranked first nationally with an average of 331.0 rushing yards a game.

The rest of the story

By Brett Vito
    DentonRC.com

Default Re: Overlooking North Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ I'm tired of everyone saying we have no business looking forward to Arkansas Sate, or our biggest rival is North Texas because it is the next game. I don't think anyone, players or people who spend time on here, are overlooking North Texas. I think we all see North Texas for what they are; GOD AWFUL. I think we go into Denton and handle them easily.
    For the past ten years, every time the Cajuns get some kind of momentum, everyone gets nervous about looking past an opponent and we come out more afraid of losing than going out and dominating. If you look at successful teams at any level they have a certain swagger or confidence about them that is intimidating to opposing teams. Instead of being nervous about this North Texas game, why can't we just go in knowing that they can not stay on the same field as the Cajuns and dominate from opening kickoff to victory formation!
    I know alot of people wil not agree with my post, but thats my piece on it! _

You are right, NT is God Awful! However, this team is not talented enough nor deep enough to overlook anybody in conference. There is too much parity in this conference for us to sleepwalk through any game and think we will win. If we play like we did against McNeese or the second half against Ohio last year, this team can beat us pal. NT had 4 turnovers last week that killed them and a blocked punt for TD. They outgained FIU in yardage. This team throws the ball 50-60 times a game. You connect on a few of those and they can make for a long night. This program does not have the success to take anyone lightly and win. The fans can do it, sure, because what we say has no bearing on the outcome of the game. However, IF something crazy like that happens, it is a good idea to undertand the circumstances because anarchy will ensue if a loss were to occur. We need to temper our expectations and remember this is a 2 win football team! We've played extremely well and nobody is prouder of these guys than myself but I am also keeping it in perspective. Maybe you should too.

_ I'm tired of everyone saying we have no business looking forward to Arkansas Sate, or our biggest rival is North Texas because it is the next game.
    I agree. Your biggest opponent is the team you play this week.

Loup Garou

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ I'm tired of everyone saying we have no business looking forward to Arkansas Sate, or our biggest rival is North Texas because it is the next game. I don't think anyone, players or people who spend time on here, are overlooking North Texas. I think we all see North Texas for what they are; GOD AWFUL. I think we go into Denton and handle them easily.
    For the past ten years, every time the Cajuns get some kind of momentum, everyone gets nervous about looking past an opponent and we come out more afraid of losing than going out and dominating. If you look at successful teams at any level they have a certain swagger or confidence about them that is intimidating to opposing teams. Instead of being nervous about this North Texas game, why can't we just go in knowing that they can not stay on the same field as the Cajuns and dominate from opening kickoff to victory formation!
    I know alot of people wil not agree with my post, but thats my piece on it! _
    Who is our biggest rival, dms 4720?

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default I have but one thing to say

Dear Coach Bustle, everyone of us here is totally pumped and excited about the transformation this team has made this year.

We only ask one thing of you, sir. When one of our younger players has a chance to shine in a game. please do not rein him in.

Mike goes down, McGuire comes in, and does an excellent job leading the Cajuns up and down the field. Young Masson comes in, he deserves that touchdown, sir.

Your 3rd teamers work just as hard as anyone else on the team. They deserve all the fruits that go along with that hard work.

I think an injustice was done making the young man take a knee at the end.

Z

Default Re: I have but one thing to say

Bustle said this week that he know's the position Dodge is in right now cause he's been in it. I think he was doing what he would have wanted done to him. It's sportsmanship and respect, and I like it.

I'm still impressed with our halftime adjustments. They've been pretty good all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Dear Coach Bustle, everyone of us here is totally pumped and excited about the transformation this team has made this year.

We only ask one thing of you, sir. When one of our younger players has a chance to shine in a game. please do not rein him in.

Mike goes down, McGuire comes in, and does an excellent job leading the Cajuns up and down the field. Young Masson comes in, he deserves that touchdown, sir.

Your 3rd teamers work just as hard as anyone else on the team. They deserve all the fruits that go along with that hard work.

I think an injustice was done making the young man take a knee at the end.

Z _

That's bull. You're in a position where the game is decided and instead of putting 60+ you decide to do the classy thing and take a knee. I don't care how hard a 3rd stringer works, you don't take class out of the situation to get a kid a TD. He has plenty of time in his career for TD's and he probably would have felt kind of bad getting his first in that situation anyhow. I definitely disagree.

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    _ Bustle said this week that he know's the position Dodge is in right now cause he's been in it. I think he was doing what he would have wanted done to him. It's sportsmanship and respect, and I like it.

I'm still impressed with our halftime adjustments. They've been pretty good all year. _

Agree. I have been very critical of coach Bustle and his ability to adjust at half. He and his staff have done a great job all year. This is now becoming a trend and I've been very impressed. We will need much more this weekend though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Bustle said this week that he know's the position Dodge is in right now cause he's been in it. I think he was doing what he would have wanted done to him. It's sportsmanship and respect, and I like it.

I'm still impressed with our halftime adjustments. They've been pretty good all year.
    I will say this, if it had been Colonial Chubby Snelly I would have been fine with putting 400 on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Who is our biggest rival, dms 4720?

Z _
    Ark. State!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ That's bull. You're in a position where the game is decided and instead of putting 60+ you decide to do the classy thing and take a knee. I don't care how hard a 3rd stringer works, you don't take class out of the situation to get a kid a TD. He has plenty of time in his career for TD's and he probably would have felt kind of bad getting his first in that situation anyhow. I definitely disagree.

sorry _

I recall USL Nelson Stokley took his foot off the neck of the Tulane Green Heave many years ago, and what we got was them running up the score a few years later. I recall TAMU running a reverse on the last play of a game with them leading by a ton. I can recall lots of coaches doing that to us. The Old Ball Coach says he was simply runnin his offense. Others say it was up to us to stop them when we were getting killed. So I guess it matters not except to Coach Bustle. In the long run you are revered for winning and fired for losing regardless of what you do. That isas long as the school does not lose scholarships, or bowl money.

Thread Information